New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

My baby kougra is actually smaller, at least on my userlookup (I haven't compared his pet lookups yet). And yes, I'm sure -- I have screenies of old and new lookups.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Cranberry wrote:My baby kougra is actually smaller, at least on my userlookup (I haven't compared his pet lookups yet). And yes, I'm sure -- I have screenies of old and new lookups.
I think that Baby pets are now meant to be smaller than all the other pets now, no more Baby Unis being as big as the Darigan ones, or at least I think so.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Has anyone noticed their lab pets keep the accessories from their previous colours? A green bruce I'm labing turned faerie today and aside from a pink bow he got with his new faerie look he can still use the green bow from <a href="http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml? ... >before</a>.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Neat, I hoped that was how it was! *is already imagining the wild combinations Maddie will get as a lab permie*
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
checkers

Post by checkers »

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO ICE BRUCE????
ImageImage
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

checkers wrote:WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO ICE BRUCE????
ImageImage
Not completed it yet, would be my best guess. That doesn't look very Icy, so I can only presume it's a temporary image.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Vhendi

Post by Vhendi »

I was playing around on the Create-A-Pet page and noticed that all the species images you choose from are the "old" images before the whole clothing-revamp deal. I find that odd, considering the entire system and page has been updated into the new style and is all Flash.

I wouldn't recommend clicking on the 'about this species' button found beneath the pet image - when you do you get stuck on that window since they didn't give make an option to close it or go back.

Also, when you click on a species their image becomes dark (so you know which one you're currently looking at) but when you click on a different species the previous one disappears entirely... so obviously there are some mistakes still on that page which TNT needs to work out.

Some of these mistakes might just be a glitch on my computer though... that tends to happen to me. :P
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

It's not just the create a pet page, all the images at the rainbow pool page show the old art as well.
LΟL
Kess

Post by Kess »

The images on the Press Kit page are old, too. REAL old. I think the JPG images are 1600 x 1600 if I remember correctly. I used to use those images for detail references, but I can zoom in on stuff with the flash versions just as well.
http://www.neopets.com/press.phtml?type=0
*edit* ...or maybe not. Hmmm.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

According to the Editorial:
Hey TNT, I just wanted to ask -- are you going to draw sad, angry, beaten, hit, and other emotions on Neopets' faces? Because, when you win (or even lose) at any game or something now, the Neopets don't change their face at all! By the way, I know you want your artists alive, it's just that my Poogle keep looking at me like this: =D . Anyway... *loves the new layout*! ~my_dark_dream
Like we said, we're not done. ;) Emotions are coming, though they will not have alternate poses like they used to (again, because of the need to keep Neopets in the same pose) and the emotions themselves will be a slightly different set than the ones you mentioned. They are just taking a while to complete... 4 emotions x 2 genders x 54 species x... well, you get the idea. We'll provide more information in New Features when this is released!
Wh00t!
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Meh. I guess it beats having pets that are constantly smiling at you 24/7, but the lack of new poses still annoys me. I understand why they can't create them anymore, given the clothing they have to accomidate, but it still annoys me.
Madge

Post by Madge »

x2 genders? How are genders an issue? JUST DRAW FRIGGIN' EYELASHES.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

*head aches* That's it? That's our so-called justice? Fuck it!

All who are staying and want free stuff come here.

I'm giving shit away that I no longer have use for.
Danish

Post by Danish »

They updated the coming soon page. One of the things is
"Neopian Justice is Served
Type: Site Content"
I'm hoping that it wasn't the plot idea... or the new 'poses' that they said are in the making.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

Personally I am OFFENDED by the forcing of my neopets into prescribed gender roles.

...well, not especially, but I could be if I tried.

I'm pleased about the emotion poses coming, but I still hate the rigidity of the pet poses overall. And I can't bear the left-arm-itis. I'm thinking of making all my pets aishas while I work out what species that DON'T have left-arm-itis I can turn them into - I've already done my main pet, Ed.