Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Wow, three losses..RI is REALLY slacking.. :\ some of them anyway..

Though, the teams we're up agains, IN A ROW..Darigan, Krawk, and Haunted Woods, are really good ones, and I don't doubt they also have more people and players on all those teams. I bet the top players of the site are on them and are constantly YYB, SS, and MSNing..

Im honestly getting bored of YYB now, I played yesterday sure, but its dragging out too much now..x_x I cant play for more than an hour of it, but I do try.
Image Image
ImageImage
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'm bored of YYB too. I haven't played anything in 2 or 3 days. I think I don't care much because it's too much work to move up in ranks, and my team is losing.
derp
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Ditto everyone whos grown tired. I do wonder what TNT was thinking, 30 days of solid matches :/ I think a league type thing could have worked nicely to begin with, like divided into 2 leagues of 8, play each team twice ( = 14 days..), then the top 4 of each go through to the next bit or something..

Also, I don't know if anyone else has managed to do this, but I actually scored against super goalie to get 10 goals. However, as soon as I got to the end screen to submit my score, it had changed back to 9 goals :/ I don't have any screenshots either, which is annoying but oh well..
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Apparently, if you score 10 goals it always displays as 9 at the end, but I've heard that if you score 11 it displays fine. Perhaps it's to prevent the computer thinking you got a 0-0 draw?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I have trouble playing this much, every day. I liked it last year where we'd have a day or two in between matches.

I also know I'll never get enough points for a Yooyu =/ That's really making me not want to play at all. Baaah.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

jessibean wrote:I have trouble playing this much, every day. I liked it last year where we'd have a day or two in between matches.

I also know I'll never get enough points for a Yooyu =/ That's really making me not want to play at all. Baaah.
If I have spare points, I'll get you one.

I'll PM you.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

The only prizes I would be interested in are those that include actual characters from the tournament. Like last years commentator figures, which reminds me, I don't actually have any of those. I just have team souvenirs and replica cups to represent the Altador Cup. Oh and the Crazy Techo Fan.

If they released a Lilo Blumario Figure or a Dasher Soley items then I would want those. Actually, since the Yooyu is involved the matches I'll probably want one of those.

Anyway, the actual reason for my post. I see the point system of 0.1 for MSN, 0.2 for SS and 1 point for YYB seems to be wrong now because:

Yooyuball
Rank
Level 2
Goals Scored 713
Number of Wins 133
Number of Draws 2
Number of Losses 0
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 7
Make Some Noise
Games Played 184

With the other system that would mean I should have 152.8 I think and I'm still Level 2.

My exams are over now, so hopefully I will get to play a bit more, but I still have school, so I doubt it. :x
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

God, you guys and your hundreds of scores and wins and all that. I think I have like 90 goals scored now, so I'm almost into the triple digits! Whoo!

I just wish we could take a break without 'penalizing' our team for it. I know they claim that being on the team and not playing doesn't hurt, but it certainly doesn't help, and I feel guilty. I just can't... play everyday ;_; It's painful.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Adi, there is a limit to how much you can play the side games, though.

Because TNT doesn't want people to send score every 4 seconds to go higher in rank.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I took a break yesterday, since my team were against Faerieland and I really, REALLY needed it. And it felt so good, I can heartily recommend it. I did squeeze in one single game at the end of the day, and a quick game of Slushie Slinger (superstition really) but otherwise I just didn't worry about it. Marvellous feeling, let me tell you.

Just don't all take a break on the same day if you're on the same team! ;0)

(Of course, scores aren't out yet, I could still regret this!)
Mindless

Post by Mindless »

adi_gallia wrote: Anyway, the actual reason for my post. I see the point system of 0.1 for MSN, 0.2 for SS and 1 point for YYB seems to be wrong now because:

Yooyuball
Rank
Level 2
Goals Scored 713
Number of Wins 133
Number of Draws 2
Number of Losses 0
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 7
Make Some Noise
Games Played 184

With the other system that would mean I should have 152.8 I think and I'm still Level 2.
Someone's profile (can't remember the exact name) had a scoring system which seemed to fit better - It was 1 for a YYB win, a third for a draw, a third for SS and 1/15 for make some noise. However there may also be a minimum score for Slushie slinger for each game in order for it to count towards rank to stop people sending 100s of 10 point games to raise their rank.

Edit: Found it: http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml ... irl123_6_6 Not sure if it does work but it certainly seems to fit better for me. It gives you a score of 148, just below rank 3.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

jessibean wrote: I just wish we could take a break without 'penalizing' our team for it. I know they claim that being on the team and not playing doesn't hurt, but it certainly doesn't help, and I feel guilty. I just can't... play everyday ;_; It's painful.
I actually assume that if there's averaging going on, they're looking at goals scored and number of people who sent scores that day, NOT number of players on the team. They said people couldn't hurt the team this year by signing up and not playing, which seems to support that theory. If I'm right, than playing three games per day would hurt your team more than not playing at all for a day or two.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Mindless wrote:Not sure if it does work but it certainly seems to fit better for me. It gives you a score of 148, just below rank 3.
Ah, thanks, I guess I really should focus on YYB some more then. This should be an excuse to only play 2 YYB games today, but I will still play about 10, 15 if I get into it.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

I have a horrible feeling that I am the only player on the Virtupets team, as the scores are so dismal.

Last time I ever join Virtupets. :P
ImageImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

If it'll help those of you trying to figure out the scoring system, here are my totals to add to the mix:
You joined Team Darigan Citadel on 4th June.
Yooyuball
Rank
Level 4
Goals Scored 786
Number of Wins 199
Number of Draws 13
Number of Losses 2
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 31
Make Some Noise
Games Played 42
Yes, I accidentally sent two losses early on, when I wasn't used to the send score being on the left where the 'restart game' button usually is. x.x The ties were sent intentionally, though, before I'd figured the game out; at one point I was quite happy simply to end up tying the computer. :P

I wish I knew how far I was from level 5 - the 5 and above shields are so much prettier than the rest. Ah well, I'm sure I'll end up there before the end of the month, one way or the other.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.