Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

If people were smart they'd let mystery island win so we can all get Mystery Island PBs! hahaha

and yeh...the prizes really do suck....i have enough to get a darigan yooyu...but if i get that i wont have enough points to buy the books...ughh...books...or yooyu... :( cant choose :x
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Could have got higher for the hat, but honestly, I was scared of how many people got 25K points plus.

They seem to go for 4-4.5 on TP. =D Ah well, I made decent profit anyways.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I got like 45 points.

I hate those games though. Really dislike. I am just sooo glad they didn't retire the avatar and sidebar. Especially the sidebar. That would have annoyed me FOREVER. Now all I'm missing is the christmas one. Well, and premium, but screw that. I can deal with that.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I dodn't get much at all, just 16 points. I didn't get the hang of the game, and I didn't like the others enough to spend hours torturing my fingers on them. :P

EDIT: Thanks so much to Iggy :-D, who sold me one of the books, and I got the other off trades.
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 19 Sep 2007 06:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Fjorab, I have enough points for the cheapest one. My neopets username is mazoku_kuiin.
checkers

Post by checkers »

You have been awarded an Altador Cup II trophy! You can go see it on your user lookup.

Something has happened!
0 You are now eligible to use the 'Altador Cup' theme when browsing the Neopets.com website! Check out your User Preferences to change your theme.

Something Has Happened!
You are now eligible to use 'Altador Cup' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!
At long last! xD Eh, I'd be more happy if I got Altador Cup avatar and my Staff Guessing one back, but I knew they wouldn't repeat Staff Cup Games. x.X I hate losing 250+ avatars, so now that I'm starting new I have under 100 avatars, so that was completely meaningless to me.

Sidebar is eh, I like the blue one better :3 Trophy? That's a Small Incy Wincy Medal.
Darigan Yooyu
Type: Altadorian Petpets

Darigan Paint Brush
Type: Special
*sighs* I want.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

The Chairman looks up your name in a records book. "According to this, you have 3,832 points available to spend."
Not bad I suppose. I was hoping for a little more, but meh.

So according to IDB the fist does 5 offensive icons and 3 defensive, so I'm not bothered that I can't get it. The Hat is probably the only thing I'd want there, only for resale value though probably.

I'm not best pleased that the prizes just look lazy really, with all the bottom rank prizes being from last year. They could have done something more creative like..I don't know badges? stickers? Basically not recycled prizes which were already cheap.

I guess I'll just go for the Gallery items, plot charcater items. That means I should need Layton Vickles Action Figure, Slushie Slinging for Novices and Scorchio Referee Bobblehead...those are what I need, but I might buy them instead.

EDIT: I think the Noisemaker does two icons. Some people are saying that they think TNT is trying to knock the BD of the perch as the most profitable place, in terms of weapons being worth a lot, hoping clothes will take over. Personally I don't see it but I do wonder why TNT has been so bad at making decent weapons for plots, nothing "WOW", just decent. A Scarab Ring would be a better investment than these weapons by the looks of things.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Because "decent" weapons (ie, ones which are incredibly overpowered for their rarity) immediately devalue all the existing weapons in the BD, and you can't just screw with the economy like that.

I have 248 points - does anyone know how much np the stamp is going for? I probably need to buy that.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I saw several going for 500K-550K yesterday.

The Techo Fist was around the stats I expected. I mean, it's only 10K. Could have bought two with my points, I wasn't expecting a 12 iconer there
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

By decent I didn't mean overpowered like Ring of the Lost, I meant something that was at least worth the points it costs, something like a Scuzzys Comb which is good for the more intermediate battlers, but not something that would hurt the market too much if released. They honestly can't expect people to want to spend 10,000 points on something that doesn't even compare to a Scarab Ring. I felt I worked hard for my 3,000 and something points, I can imagine getting 10,000 and buying the Fist only to see how bad it is.

If they were priced lower I would feel better. I wouldn't mind if they had no weapons at all, but it's the fact that they do and it's priced quite highly, as if it's worth it, that bugs me. A weapon shouldn't be a high rank prize if it isn't all that good.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Sayle wrote:Does anyone know if we can still redeem our points from last year?
The old prize shop was offline since the start of the new cup.
On Editorial TNT said it would be back after the cup, but it's not (the old prize shop link takes you to the new prize shop).
Please everyone who still has points to spend there send bug reports/editorial questions to remind TNT to bring back 2006's prize shop as they promised.
I already sent mine.
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

The Chairman looks for your name in a records book. "Oh dear... it seems you don't have any points to spend. Dreadfully sorry about that."

Well, there goes my third place trophy :x
Not all who wander are lost.
Lark

Post by Lark »

The Chairman looks up your name in a records book. "According to this, you have 2 points available to spend."
I got the avatar, sidebar and my sorry you only got 2 points medal :shock:
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

It does seem to me that the quality of prizes hit a high for the Lost Desert Plot and have declined a lot since then. I don't think I even cashed in my points for the last few plots.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

The Chairman looks up your name in a records book. "According to this, you have 10,055 points available to spend."

i would like to get the darigan yooyu and the stamp, but can't afford both. hmm ...

and i'm being very stingy with my neopoints right now while saving for a gbomb, so i really don't want to buy the one i can't get. i think i'll wait a bit until prices settle down before deciding.