The Return of Dr. Sloth (Plot)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
uberstav

Re: The Return of Dr. Sloth (Plot)

Post by uberstav »

i cant believe you guys managed to get past the 3 mod part....i cant believe im so stupid....the guides are just NOT doing it for me....i cant put 2 and 2 together....UGHH ive got such a headache....maybe ill try some more tomorrow...
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Okay. The puzzle is easy once you figure out wtf to do, the 3mod one. KyootestLenny has the best guide. Like I had posted before, its a process of elimination. Lets say you need to get from X to C (Just pay attention to the first symbol, ignore the rest) X-X-O
X-C-P
X-V-Z
X-8-8
C-C-C
C-V-8
C-Z-O
V-V-P
V-O-O
P-P-Z
P-8-O
8-Z-Z

Those would be your options. Starting with XCP , you find the FIRST sequence that starts with each letter. Put the first X on the first row, the first C , on the second, and the P, on the third. Once you have done that, you go down your thirty, and start switching out ONLY the third row (In this case would be the one that starts with P) Once you have done ALL of those, you switch out the C sequence with the second one that starts with C. Then you repeat, try all the Ps. If that doesnt work, keep on doing it till you have run out of C's. When you run out, and the answer is not found. You switch out the X sequence with the second one that stars with X, and place the first C and P ones, in the second and third row. And do the same thing, take out the P, testing all the ones you have out. Once those are gone, switch out the middle one. Its tedious, but it works.
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

That's kind of what I did for my 2-mod series (I tried finding combos for two symbols at a time, rather than one, so I could eliminate choices faster), and what I was going to do for my 3-mod sets before I found the calculator. It seems like a lot of work, but I think it really is the best way to systematically solve the 3-mods.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Officer 1BDI wrote:Ok, I retract my previous statement. Somewhat. Level 5 was actually kind of fun. Level 4 was annoying and tedious and if I ever see a maze that even remotely resembles it again I'm going to chuck my keyboard at something.
I also found level 5 a lot easier than level 4. I'm not sure why. I think because it was SO mazelike -- all the guards in my section of the maze I knocked out, and the rest were all in different sections where they couldn't get me. Whereas level 4 had all these long halls I had to go through where I was just trapped if they saw me.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like that I can see the comics without having to complete the puzzles.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Oy, I don't know if I can hope they keep this running until after the 18th! But then other people would complain that it takes too long or something. *blows a huge raspberry at this* I'll try the decoding puzzle later, hopefully I can still do it on Monday! I guess I was lucky to have seen the warning and thought that maybe the "calculator"/"decoder" program(s) would be freezable and thus didn't bother even checking them.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Well, the docking bay or whatever part was certainly easier than step two. Only took me about a half hour of random clicking.
derp
Fury

Post by Fury »

Good lordy lordy doo dah ding dong day!

I have, thank goodness, finished decoding those stupid messages. It took hours but it's done and I feel good for completing it! I'm such a dork. However, the newest puzzle seems laughable after being given such a difficult challenge - I'm on the 4th maze at the moment and I'm not having too much trouble.

The prizes for this plot better be unbelievably good. To be honest, I reckon I should be sent a cheque for all the time I wasted on that second plot step. 8(
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Ugh, I feel so dumb. I can't get past level 4 and I've been at it for an hour.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

It took me at least an hour to get through level 4. I finally decided to take out as many guards as I could before I tried to make it to the door (which turned out to be 5 of the 6), and that alone took me half an hour of running back and forth while I waited for a guard to come close enough for me to attack him. >_<
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Officer 1BDI wrote:It took me at least an hour to get through level 4. I finally decided to take out as many guards as I could before I tried to make it to the door (which turned out to be 5 of the 6), and that alone took me half an hour of running back and forth while I waited for a guard to come close enough for me to attack him. >_<
Yep on both counts. I also took out 5 of the 6 guards and it did take quite a long time, but it made it so much easier than trying to avoid letting them see you in those long hallways.

On the bright side, the 5th and last level is much easier. :-)
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Yeah, maybe I should try to take them out first... That long hallway right before the door is what's giving me the most trouble, even though the guards have spotted me before on several occasions. Anyways, thank you all, and good luck to those who are still trying to decode those messages.

Edit: Yes, I finished it! And I certainly hope the plot isn't over yet...
Last edited by FourEyes on 08 Feb 2008 08:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I wasn't sure, when doing the fourth one, whether actually it was just the third one. But then the fifth one had no door (which confused me to start with) and so I supposed that it must be the last.

I think it is sort of possible to avoid the guards by making sure not to step onto a line which they might face along, but taking them out is just as easy (or hard). I wasn't terribly systematic, I just muddled through it, taking a break when I got a bit fed up with it.

I wonder if that's the last puzzle, since there are only three doors shown on the maintenance station picture. Could that mean BD time? Or the end of the plot?
Neopets wishlists: here
HotRoxy

Post by HotRoxy »

Now I feel really retarded, I came here because I'm level four of the guards and failed to realize that I could attack them. *headdesk*

never mind me, I can't even figure out how to take these guys out. sigh.

Edit: Done. Thank God
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

I just don't have the effing patience to do any more codes! >_< Maybe I'll try again later... congrats to everyone who solved the codes thus far!