New pound with transferring feature going live Monday!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

New pound with transferring feature going live Monday!

Post by Wingsrising »

Or at least, so the news today claims.

The FAQs are already up and you can read them here:
http://www.neopets.com/s/index.phtml?cat_id=54

Apparently we will be allowed to transfer one Neopet per month. (We can send one pet a month, and receive one a month.)

According to the FAQs, PB clothes and NP clothes (but not NC Mall clothes) will go with the pet if you transfer, but will stay in your closet when you abandon.

Whoot! Transfers! :happy dance:

Though it will take a while to adopt out the lab rats on my sides at the rate of one per month. Wonder if the quick adopt link will still work?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: New pound with transferring feature going live Monday!

Post by Cranberry »

This all sounds perfect to me, and it solves the debate about whether or not pets should take their clothes to the pound with them -- they will if we transfer, and they won't if we simply pound. I also love knowing that I will be able to safely move my pets around if I ever decide to. This might actually have been worth the wait. ;)
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Excellent! Sounds like they really did think it through, and came to a good decision.

Edit: I guess this means we should think about bringing back the Adoption forum here?
Last edited by oogabooga on 26 Apr 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Excellent!! I'm so glad as I can now finally cut back on all of my accounts. The transferring option is something I never thought I'd see and while I'm not too fond of the 1month rule, this is a hell of a lot better.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Extra transfers above the 1-per-month via Neocash at some point in the future, maybe? Just a thought. But... overall... yay! I seriously began to doubt they'd ever bring it back, and the transfer concept sounds excellent.

And... Dr_Death will live on, in plushie form at least :)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

First reaction: Hell yes!!!

Subsequent reaction: ...ONE MONTH?!

I love that we can transfer now; it'll allow me to zap pets on my main for PB clothes without any concern of losing a permanent pet, since now I'm guaranteed that it'll make it to my side.

ETA: Although I'm curious to see if my Lutari is transferable....
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Finally, it must be what, a year to the date that it went down that it's being brought back. I know customisation was the 26th (Happy Anniversary!) so the pound must have been taken down a few days later.

Anyway, I'm glad it's back even though I only have one account at the moment, which means no transferring. Imagine all the pets that will be in the Pound on reopening day, there will be a ton of painted pets there. I kind of wish I had a 4 month old side account because I used to love pound-surfing.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm very happy about this. I once lost a fire draik to the pound and it still bugs me to this day (he's on a now-frozen acccount, of course). So it's just great to have a safe transfer option.

I'd like to move my kougra to a second account so my draik can get all the faerie/kitchen quest stats, and now I'll be able to do it without worrying about losing him ... as soon as I find room.

And hopefully the quick adopt link will still work for those who don't mind the risk.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm kind of hoping I'll be able to grab two of my abandoned babies back, even though I've gave away their names to pretty much all of Neopia months ago. If nothing more I just want to give them their stuff back; I didn't realize they'd end up clothes-less, and now the stuff's just sitting in my closet.

Nevermind....
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 28 Apr 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm wondering now if they'll allow us to have more than four pets per account. We certainly have room for them now on the quick ref and userlookup pages, and this safe transfer option would allow people to combine sides and mains easily (unsafe transfer would have been a major complaint if they'd suddenly allowed more pets on main accounts, especially if they ever do a Subeta-type "you can have ___ pets on your main, but side acocunts are no longer allowed" kind of thing).
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I was thinking the same thing. Two things that were "never going to happen" have happened -- wearable clothes for pets and safe pet transfers between accounts. Let's make it three impossible things before breakfast and have more than 4 pets on an account, too!

I really am becoming cautiously hopeful, between this and the new quickref. We'll see.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Wingsrising wrote:I was thinking the same thing. Two things that were "never going to happen" have happened -- wearable clothes for pets and safe pet transfers between accounts. Let's make it three impossible things before breakfast and have more than 4 pets on an account, too!
So we can expect that on the 26th of April 2009 then ;0)
Kari

Post by Kari »

HECK YEAH!

A bit blah about the once a month thing, though I understand that a limit should be set. It's still an amazing thing that I never thought would happen! I'll finally be able to get my battle pet alone (in three months :P) so all quests go to her.
derp
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Transferring makes me happy, it'll let me organize my accounts at least. :D
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Wow, I didn't think they would ever get the pound back up and running. All my pets are where they are supposed to be so it doesn't really affect me, but I'm overjoyed for everyone else. And a safe way to transfer? I'm impressed Neo!

I read the FAQ and didn't see an answer, so I'll see if anyone here knows and I just missed it: Does pounding a pet convert it?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.