Altador Cup III

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Bif

Re: Altador Cup III

Post by Bif »

I went with the Haunted Woods the first year, and then Altador last year. So I have no idea who to go for this year, maybe you should try and recruit me:P
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'll see who's on what teams this year. If nobody really gets me excited, I'll probably be Virtupets again because I like their design and colors (sports-wise). Or I could go Lost Desert because of my history with certain school colors and therefore sports teams in that sense.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I'll probably stick with Roo Island, though I'm tempted to go back to Brightvale. None of the other teams interest me all that much - maybe Darigan.

But I probably won't participate much this year. I have less free time lately, and I lost interest in the Sloth plot halfway through.
Lark

Post by Lark »

Going with Shenkuu this year. Last year I supported them after Meridell was out this year I'll be with them from the beginning ^_^
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I think I supported Tyrannia last year- not that it mattered seeing as I didn't send a single score (decided I hated the Yooyuball game within seconds of first playing it; didn't try the other two). I don't know if I'll stay with them or switch but I'm going to try to participate this year.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

While I don't know this for sure, of course, I was poking around the JellyNeo item database looking for information on a background I saw in the news and turned up with a set of unreleased backgrounds related to different Neopian worlds.

Given that they released a set of backgrounds for the Altador cup last year, I'm wondering if this could be related to this year's Altador cup.

I could be wrong, of course.

The worlds with unreleased backgrounds on JellyNeo are:

Tyrannia
Faerieland Background
Haunted Woods
Kiko Lake
Krawk Island
Kreludor
Lost Desert
Maraqua
Meridell
Mystery Island
Roo Island
Space Station
Terror Mountain

Hmm. No Shenkuu or Altador. That probably just means those background haven't been found/uploaded yet. That, or I'm totally wrong and they're not associated with the Altador cup at all.

Dunno what team I'm supporting but I want the Maraqua and Terror Mountain backgrounds. And, I still hate Yuyooball. :-)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Kiko Lake
[...]
Space Station
Hmm, odd. I thought the rumor was that Kiko Lake is being replaced by Kreludor this year?

And dang, I think I need that Haunted Woods Background for Apollee. :/
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 03 Jun 2008 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Where on JellyNeo did you find the backgrounds? I can't seem to.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Bif wrote:Where on JellyNeo did you find the backgrounds? I can't seem to.
See if this link works

Dunno, I also just read the rumor that Kreludor is replacing Kiko Lake. Like I said, they could be totally unrelated. I just thought it was interesting given that they released special backgrounds last year.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I tried playing yuyooball when it first started and I couldn't get the hang of it. We have a different computer now, so maybe I'll try it again. Don't know what team I'd go for, though. Maybe faerieland because it's purple :P
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Neolodge has some stuff up too...Kiko Lake has been replaced by Kreludor this year.
Image Image
ImageImage
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Wingsrising wrote:
Bif wrote:Where on JellyNeo did you find the backgrounds? I can't seem to.
See if this link works

Dunno, I also just read the rumor that Kreludor is replacing Kiko Lake. Like I said, they could be totally unrelated. I just thought it was interesting given that they released special backgrounds last year.
I am pretty sure that those backgrounds are from the very first beta of customisation, when we were given some free items for our pets to wear just while the beta was taking place. I don't think they have anything to do with the Altador Cup- they've been hanging around for ages unreleased.
Neopets wishlists: here
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

daisybell wrote: I am pretty sure that those backgrounds are from the very first beta of customisation, when we were given some free items for our pets to wear just while the beta was taking place. I don't think they have anything to do with the Altador Cup- they've been hanging around for ages unreleased.
You know what, you're right... I remember that now. Sorry for the false alarm, everyone.

Too bad... I like some of those backgrounds.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I was with Maraqua the first year, and Shenkuu last year, and... I dunno who I'll go with. If the Shenkuu team remains relatively unchanged, probably them again, but we'll have to see. (And I'm a bit late to this topic. Was moving. Have internet again, glee!)

I come bringing relevant information, however - this was posted on Avatarlog:

Hopefully that means we'll be getting a new AC avatar this year!
Erstin
Human Avatar: 340918

Post by Erstin »

I've been playing for Darigan Citadel for two years so I'm pretty tempted to change this time. But It's just so hard!
I'd like to play for Krawk Island or Shenkuu but i'm not sure I'll be able to betray Darigan Citadel this time.