Altador Cup III

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Illuen

Re: Altador Cup III

Post by Illuen »

Roo Island! Roo Island! Roo Island!

(Hi Everybody!)
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Hmm. The last two years I joined Altador with bad results each time.

I think this year I should go for either Roo Island, Darigan, or Shenkuu (it did reasonably well last year and I like Shenkuu.)

The quiz says I should pick Shenkuu, but of course that's totally arbitrary.

I shall sleep on it for a few days. I suppose it's not that important given that I hate Yooyuball anyway.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

OK WILL ROO ISLAND >:O
Image Image
ImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Dammits. About two weeks before it ended last year I finally figured out how to play the game - and they've gone and changed it. Some of the old angles still work, but it's certainly a different game than before. And I do not approve. >.<

That whined, I've played for Darigan both years, and I probably will again this year; I just wish I could practice with them before I made my final choice. *grumble mutter complain*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Wow the game has been really updated. You can see a really detailed crowd and now you can tell who each of your players are and they all animate. For example, Antola Maeir from Shenkuu wags his(his?) tail. It is so much better than having those blobby uniform wearing players.

I might actually like Yooyuball this year. :D
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I forgot where to angle the darigan one..and the mutant one..its been waaaay too long.

And yea, the players for Roo Island are really cute now
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Kamil wrote:Dammits. About two weeks before it ended last year I finally figured out how to play the game - and they've gone and changed it. Some of the old angles still work, but it's certainly a different game than before. And I do not approve. >.<
You ain't just whistling Dixie. I haven't been able to get a single goal so far.

Also, while I do sort of like the way the players aren't all anonymous anymore, the swishing tails are really distracting.

I guess I need to pick my team based on how cute the players look from above. Anyone know where I can find screenshots?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Roo Island

Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I've gotten one goal so far. These new controls suck. My "return all players to their default positions" key doesn't seem to work, either, which only complicates matters. >_<

ETA: Note to TNT- When you mean the "Shift" Key, actually write Shift on the key graphic instead of a ruddy arrow.....

The players from Roo Island are adorable. I think I actually squealed when I saw the game load for the first time (because I just dove right in without hearing the news about the updated graphics).
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 13 Jun 2008 04:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'm certainly not scoring much myself, Wings. I've had my best luck with the fire balls, and the faerie still work more or less the way I remember. The regular ball though is almost as slow as the snow, and as for that one, forget about it. I can barely move the damn thing, never mind shoot it effectively. Except for one game - once, every ball was faster than the usual fire balls, and the players were like ickle rockets. It was hysterical - and way, way easier to score than it is usually.

*stabs at game*

Oh well. I'm sure someone will figure out the new kinks and write a decent new tutorial, and in the meantime I'll play keep-away and pray for easy shots.

They changed my practice game team to Darigan (my first team was Meridell), and while I may yet chop that damned Hissi's tail off, once I played with my old familiar players I knew I had to rejoin Darigan.

Wasn't it Tom who did the wonderful sets last year? *goes off to rummage around with the search function*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The game is best on medium..low is too fast. Which you can change in the url.

http://www.neopets.com/games/play_flash ... ity=medium ->Everything after this is the url with the practice team and your team

:) Thats the size Im playing at as well. The url string only shows up in IE, when its tabbed, otherwise it doesnt.

http://www.neopets.com/games/play_flash ... team_id=13

That is Roo Islands url..and I just noticed, you can probably see the other teams people with that, by changing the team ID #
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Is it just me, or do the balls travel faster if your player shoots them while they're moving towards the goal?

ETA: I tried to change the number at the end of the URL to change teams, but it kept giving me Roo Island. :(
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Oh..I thought it would work. Oh well.

When I shoot at the goal, it seems like the ball doesnt GO in..and it just appears inside the goal. Gotta get the hang of the darigan and mutant ones again.xD
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Goldenchaos wrote:The game is best on medium..low is too fast. Which you can change in the url.

http://www.neopets.com/games/play_flash ... ity=medium ->Everything after this is the url with the practice team and your team

:) Thats the size Im playing at as well. The url string only shows up in IE, when its tabbed, otherwise it doesnt.

http://www.neopets.com/games/play_flash ... team_id=13

That is Roo Islands url..and I just noticed, you can probably see the other teams people with that, by changing the team ID #
Thanks for the tip... I'm finding it easier on medium than high.

You sure can... you have to change both the team_2 and the user_team_ID. If you change the number after team_1 you can try playing other teams instead of the practice team. Gotta say, when all the members of the opposing team don't look alike it's hard to keep track of who your players are. I like the filing out on the field animation, though.

I think this may convince me to go for Roo Island... their players are cuter than Shenkuu's. While there could be some advantage to being Darigan since the players are distinctive and thus easier to keep track of... I'm afraid I think they're sort of ugly.

I also like Brightvale's Peophin goalie and the little Meridell Eyrie (although the flapping wings are rather annoying).

EDIT: Just saw the intervening posts. It does work, you just have to change BOTH team_2 and the user_team_ID at the end to different (matching) numbers.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I couldn't resist so I tried out all the teams using the above method :) And I shamelessly admit that I'll be picking up the team this year according to the cuteness of players. So far it's between Mystery Island (that little lenny cracks me up so much) and Altador (poogle love!). I've been Terror Mountain for the last two years but little TM players leave me cold, so to speak (bad pun).

Hissi from Darigan is probably the coolest player of the lot, the whole Roo Island line up is pretty adorable (pteri goalie being my favorite) and Maraquans look lovely as a bunch. Also a nod to kyrii from Haunted Woods and all eyries on all teams. They really did an fine job with pretty much all species *approves*
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta