Daily Dare March 09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Gumdrops

Re: Daily Dare March 09

Post by Gumdrops »

Yay, I beat AAA. I made it a point to get all the gem thingys in the earlier levels and then got lucky with some good multipliers in the last 2 levels.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I just finally got the missing prize from beating AAA on Snowuncher. I've been wondering when we might get it.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Today's game is Freaky Factory.
Spoiler: open/close
Abigail - Image - Grundo Thief Candies

AAA - Image - Basic Paint Blob Plushies

Lulu - Image - Purple Paint Blob Plushie
I thought today would be easy for me - oh, how wrong I was. It took me hours to beat AAA's score - if I didn't have straight AAA wins so far I'm sure I would have given up halfway. To get this score you need to complete 6th level (though boards claim it can be done on during the 6th)- and I kept dying there over and over again even though I clicked on virtually even blob there was and all timers. I think you need to get extremely lucky with blobs you get to finish that level (which I finally did on 50th try).
I don't remember this being half this hard when I got the avatar for this two years ago - this completely baffled me.

Oh, Lulu's prize looks pretty adorable on HA's (minus the blur on small images) - only odd thing is that it has white shadow which looks rather weird on darker backgrounds.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Anyone have a preview of what Lulu's prize looks like on pets? It's quite adorable as just an item too.

And ohhh how I loathe this game. It took me five tries just to get to 50 points for Abigail. Zebru, you have my highest regards for sticking with it and beating AAA!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I used to play this game all the time! It's harder than I remember (I feel like the grundo thief pops up more often now), but I beat AAA on my second try. I'm not sure which round I was in, though.
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

zebru wrote:Today's game is Freaky Factory.

I don't remember this being half this hard when I got the avatar for this two years ago - this completely baffled me.
So it's not just me, then? I swear that the Grundo Thief is faster than he used to be. My high score is close to 1300, but the most I've managed today is just over 800. Argh.
zebru

Post by zebru »

Seerow wrote:Anyone have a preview of what Lulu's prize looks like on pets? It's quite adorable as just an item too.
Thanks! :) This pet is wearing 9 Lulu's prizes including the blob: tomread_jnr (I think the owner said they'll keep on updating him and their other pet tomread with new Lulu's prizes every day so I'll be checking them out tomorrow as well)

I'm impressed Cranberry - it was a torture for me. I swear something is completely different from before for me as well. It's like there's less time than before.
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I agree: I used to play this game all the time, and my all-time high is something like 1100 points, and I feel like the grundo thief pops up MUCH more often now.

I settled for Abigail.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I settled for Abi. I couldn't get more than 750.

I should've been able to beat it cause I've got the avvy and a score over 1,300, but no. I've got a newer, faster computer than way back when I got that score though. It does make a difference.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Today we have Imperial Exam. Don't have much opinion one way or the other but I liked Abigail's prize better so I just settled for that.
Spoiler: open/close
Abigail - Image Bowl of Alphabet Soup
AAA- Image Dented Imperial Exam Guards Helm
Lulu - Image Imperial Exam Guards Helm
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
zebru

Post by zebru »

I love all of today's prizes. I think Lulu's looks gorgeous on that pteri to which I linked in my last post.

At first I was ready to go on tirade how unfair it is for this game to be chosen, considering there's a lot of people whose first language isn't on the list. However, if you pick English on basic it rotates maybe 50 different words over and over, so even if you know next to nothing after several rounds you can easily reach AAA's score just by learning from your mistakes.
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

As French WAS on the list , I got 1150 first time around.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Beat AAA first try today.
I'm still working on Freaky Factory, though.
I have to agree with the thought that the Grundo Thief appears WAY more often. :(
varii

Post by varii »

I hate spelling and have never been good at it. My poor little brain needs a minute to tell the difference between lively and livley and double consonants always get me. After about an hour of trying I started playing each level with 5-10 minute breaks in between and was finally able to get through it. e

I thought today's prizes were cute and I really liked yesterday's but I wish one of the wearables had been the Grundo's ski mask.
rei @ neopets
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I love this game xD I'm not excellent at it, because the words all start to blur together after a bit - but I DO love it, so I'll have fun playing it :3

Lindsey plays this game in Japanese to help her with her Kanji xD I should tell her to go for AAA's prize in that!