Daily Dare March 09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Daily Dare March 09

Post by Seerow »

So Daily Dare is back in all its (sometimes slightly aggravating) glory! Same deal as the last two years: You can challenge either AAA or Abigail in the game of the day and win a prize. There is however something new this year; the NC challenge. You purchase a game ticket from the NC and are then able to challenge Lulu to the same game of the day. There are different prizes for her challenges and if you beat all of them by the end of the month you get an exclusive NC prize (no trophy though according to the FAQ). I can't seem to find where you buy the tickets from so I can't check their cost, but it doesn't really seem worth it to me.

Anyway, the first game of the day is Super Hasee Bounce, which is a game I don't understand, suck at, and dislike. Managed to beat Abigail though, so yay.

Prizes:
Spoiler: open/close
AAA: Image Shiny Orange Hasee Balloon Toy
Abigail: Image Hasee Seesaw Toy
Lulu: Image Shiny Purple Hasee Balloon Toy

You know, if I was going to shell out cash to earn a special prize from this, I would be disappointed by just a recolor of AAA's prize.
Helpful link time: Jellyneo's Daily Dare guide
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: Daily Dare March 09

Post by zebru »

I managed to get 1022 in the end and went with AAA, but getting there was so frustrating. Honestly, I haven't sworn this much in weeks.

Some very useful tips I picked up from neoboards:
- Play regular setting. Hard actually gives you less points and more death traps (I learned this one the hard way)
- You get most of your points by collecting Doughnut fruits (20 points per fruit); if you get the fruit while your x2, x3 or x5 bonus is active the points you get for doughnut fruit or letter multiplies for the number on the bonus
- Quit until you get 2 or 3 doughnut fruits in the first level; if there is plenty of them in the first level there will be more of them in later levels too

Lullu's prize is actually animated on avatars - you can see it on my Ocy (I caved in and bought one on shop wizard).
Last edited by zebru on 03 Mar 2009 06:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I played a couple of times and could only get just under 600 points, so I gave up and went with Abigail. (Note: I played, then challenged her and tried to send my score, and I got an error message -- do we have to challenge before playing this year?). It's really annoying that the first game of the DD was so hard, but I know I won't beat AAA every day anyway, so whatever.

The NC Challenge is a neat idea, but there's no way in hell I'm shelling out $20 for the chance at an extra prize every day and some mystery NC item at the end of the month. If she has a neat prize on one or two days, I might buy tickets then, but all 30? Screw that.
zebru

Post by zebru »

Cranberry wrote:Note: I played, then challenged her and tried to send my score, and I got an error message -- do we have to challenge before playing this year?
I think it was a fluke. I challenged AAA only after I achieved the necessary score (but you do have to challenge before you actually submit it).
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh cool, I didn't know it was wearable. It's rather cute, if one of my pets ever felt the desire to have a Hasee on a balloon.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Cranberry wrote:It's really annoying that the first game of the DD was so hard, but I know I won't beat AAA every day anyway, so whatever.
That's pretty much how I feel, so I figured it was easier to quote it. My all-time high score is just over 700, and I know I played a lot for a guild thing to even get that score, so when I couldn't get over 600 after playing for a few hours, I just challenged Abi.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

....Hasee on balloon is SO FREAKING CUTE. I too might have to give in and buy that one on the shop wiz... freaking adorable.

I just went for Abigail's score on this, but I found out I really love this game xD I'm not too good at it, but it's really fun!
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

On JellyNeo's DD guide (linked above) it says:
If you lose an AAA challenge, you will automatically be given the Abigail prize ONLY if you have not opted to do the Double Dare (if the option was offered). However, if you lose an Abigail challenge, you will get no prize for the day, so choose wisely!
So does that mean you can challenge AAA and even if you lose to him but still beat Abigail's score then you get Abigail's prize? Even though you challenged AAA and not Abigail?
So why does it say "Choose wisely"?
If it's true, then it seems like a no-brainer to challenge AAA even if his score is slightly out of range.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

The tickets are sold here

I think the whole idea of paying to challenge someone for a recolor of AAA's prize is a bit dumb and I hope they drop it like a slab of molten iron.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Feathercircle

Post by Feathercircle »

Today's Prizes- this time without palette-swaps:
Spoiler: open/close
Image- Book of Tangram Puzzles
Image- Basic Tangram Puzzle Piece Kite
Image- Tangram Puzzle Piece Kite
DamionDarkheart wrote:The tickets are sold here

I think the whole idea of paying to challenge someone for a recolor of AAA's prize is a bit dumb and I hope they drop it like a slab of molten iron.
Lulu's prizes are also animated, while AAA's aren't.

That being said, I've got my own reasons for feeling mildly annoyed with this year's setup. Lulu, being tied to the NC Mall, is probably going to be giving out mostly wearables, and AAA is likely going to follow suit so that people who don't want to pay real cash don't complain. This is all well and good for the people who really enjoy the Customization system, but I've never been all that into it- and I liked how both challengers in previous Daily Dares gave out a wide variety of item types. Having two out of three giving out the same kind of prize over and over again is a bit boring, even though it means that the more desirable prizes for me may wind up being the easiest/cheapest ones.
ImageImage
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I just hope we get a lot of books. Though I hope we get some cheap wearables too since that is what I carry in my shop.

I never played today's game but people seem to be beating AAA easily. I hope I can catch on quickly when I finally have time to play it later tonight.

Edit: Yay was able to get the AAA score pretty easily.
Last edited by mellaka on 04 Mar 2009 01:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I decided to go ahead and beat Lulu every day.

:)

The prizes are selling quite fine, the kite just sold in my shop for 80K
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It's good to have another Daily Dare, though I think I prefer the Gamesmaster challenge or whatever the other AAA event is- it's more accessible, I think, than Daily Dare.

I do like Super Hasee Bounce, and the Hasees are very cute when they fly through the air. Something about the art of the prizes is a bit off, but they are also cute. Scoring 1000 was beyond me, though- at least, beyond my patience and willingness to try until I got lucky.

Shenkuu Tangram was not difficult for me, though, and I beat AAA easily.

I can't work out how we'll know when it's a Double Dare day and how it will work- will there be an extra game? Otherwise, how will the Scoretacular and Ultimate Prize trophies be different if you have to beat AAA each day to get both of them?
Neopets wishlists: here
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Lindsey and I had fun playing this game a few weeks ago, so I already knew all the puzzles xD Too bad the game doesn't change it up. Once you memorize the puzzles, its a really easy way to earn a bit of NP daily, though.

I always play on normal, too. Hard is too hard xD I'm not that fast!

Either way, easy AAA win for me today :D And i like the kite, hee
zebru

Post by zebru »

I'm glad today's Lulu prize doesn't entice me much. After buying Bag of Healing Dust the other day, my neopoints savings equal just a bit over 120k so I'll have to buy just the ones that I can't live without - hopefully there won't be too many of those :/

Quite enjoyable game, today's one :) Nice change from yesterday.
Last edited by zebru on 04 Mar 2009 02:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image