Bori Day Predictions

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Bori Day Predictions

Post by Nogitsune »

I nearly forgot how close Bori Day is to Eyrie Day! And Jetsam Day isn't too far away either! Well, one pet at a time. Last year on Bori Day we got the
Desert Image and Jelly Image Bori. This leaves:

Biscuit Image
Camouflage Image
Electric Image
Gold Image
Grey Image
Invisible Image
Maraquan Image
Royal Image
Royal Image
Silver Image
Sketch Image
Snot Image
Split Image
Sponge Image
Strawberry Image
Zombie Image

I suspect Royal may be their choice given that it's two 'colours' for the price of one artistically. Zombie would be an interesting clothing colours as well, and perfect for this time of year. Gold and Silver are shiny refills, but can be done well. Camouflage and Electric tend to be hit or miss in terms of art while Split is, well, Split. Strawberry could be amusing to see, as could Biscuit. Maraquan could be okay if it's done better than with the Poogle. Sketch, Gray, and Sponge all lost a lot since the revamp. Invisible and Snot are Invisible and Snot.

Thoughts? Hopes? Desires? Gripes about their post-revamp forms?
Last edited by Nogitsune on 13 Oct 2009 01:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Bori Day Predictions

Post by Jessi »

I love Boris. In fact, I love Boris so much that I hated the Faerie Bori BEFORE Customization and now I have one and love it xD

(Though I did love the pre-customization Bori as well - I've had a Christmas Bori for ages and I still have him xD But I think the Bori did okay throughout the whole process. With the exception of like, Robot.)

Anyway, for that reason, I'm hoping we get Royal, and I hope it's really awesome. My Faerie Bori is a gypsy, and if there's some awesome royal accessories that go along with that, I would love to paint a Bori Royal and swipe the clothing for my Gypsy Bori.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Since you asked, I really dislike the new Bori. To me, and apologies to those who don't see it/love the pet, they look like nothing so much as a pet having a nice poo. What with the crouch and the angle of the tail and the eyes crossed over the nose, indicating straining, and, yeah, poo. x.x

That said, royal might be nice, especially if, like desert, they cover up the rear portion of the pet - in my eye, it helps a lot.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Count me as another one that love the new Boris better, save for Plushie and Darigan (But I'm adopting a UC one in November, so that one doesn't bother me as much anymore)

As I actually love Boris, I'd like them to have a nice light blue/white camouflage (Although really close to Snow's colorscheme, how the hell can you camouflage into Terror Mountain?) and Zombie.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I miss the cute sad and battle poses of the old Bori, but as far as the basic pose that you actually SEE everywhere, I like the new Bori much better.

Since I'm happy with my Faerie Bori, I'll vote for stuff that gives clothes.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Zombie and Sketch are my guesses, if they don't go for Royal. It will be interesting to see what a Royal Bori could look like - Boris are aardvarks (I think?) so African royalty would be the most appropriate style to go for.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Jessi wrote:I love Boris.
I think I must be rather tired, I'm misinterpreting everything this evening. I'm going to bed.

Bori post-revamp are a bit peculiar-looking to me (to put it politely), however I reckon we could still be in for a competent Electric or Camo... or possibly an inspired Zombie, Royal or Maraquan.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

champagnesoup wrote:Boris are aardvarks (I think?) so African royalty would be the most appropriate style to go for.
Armadillos - smooth on the outside, crunchy on the inside. But I agree with you about African royalty, even if non-European royals tend to be unpopular (wockies, I'm looking at you).
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I could see Grey and Split.
If not, then Royal at least.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Kamil wrote:That said, royal might be nice, especially if, like desert, they cover up the rear portion of the pet - in my eye, it helps a lot.
No, Desert looks like it's wearing a nappy and thus still pooping.

Royal might cover the badness somewhat, like with the new krawk, but I'm not seeing it =/

I really can't understand how people like the new bori better - the old bori was one of my favourite pets, and it looks so wrong sitting up straight. I think the sitting up straight part is what irks me so much about the new one.
ultraviolet

Post by ultraviolet »

Zombie and Sketch are my guesses, if they don't go for Royal. It will be interesting to see what a Royal Bori could look like - Boris are aardvarks (I think?) so African royalty would be the most appropriate style to go for.
Actually, considering they are Terror Mountain residents then I think we'd end up with something more wintery. I don't really see Boris as aardvarks, though - aardvarks have a lot less hair than Boris do (like a pig), and similarly with armadillos.

Still, I hope we get royal Boris. Boris are among my favourite pets.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

Count me as another one that hates the new Bori. The old Bori was the reason I joined Neo in the first place, and I remember scrimping and saving to earn enough NP to paint my Bori fire. Now I can't even look at her, the "HURR DURR" expression on her face bothers me to no end.

I've been looking forward to a Maraquan Bori for years, although seeing what they did to the Maraquan Poogle makes me fear for the species.
Subeta
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Psst, Nogitsune- if you spell it gray, you won't find any image- on Neo, it's spelt grey.
Neopets wishlists: here
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

daisybell wrote:Psst, Nogitsune- if you spell it gray, you won't find any image- on Neo, it's spelt grey.
*face palms* Thanks Daisybell! I fixed it.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.