Advice on Selling/Trading?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Fabled

Advice on Selling/Trading?

Post by Fabled »

Hello! I haven't posted in quite some time.

I have Black Roses that have just been chilling in my vault. They are a retired item and while I can't get a set value, I'm looking to sell/trade them to help fund my goal towards a new Draik.

I am having trouble in getting any sort of offer. I know there has to be Neopians out there that have these on their wishlist! I was hoping someone could give pointers on how to get my item out there in the market. The Neopets Trading Board was where I started but it seems to be no help at all.

Has anyone had any sort of luck in getting a rare/hard to sell item off their hands? And if so, can you let me in on your secret. :wink:
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Advice on Selling/Trading?

Post by Jazzy »

There are three main ways to do it:
- Stick it up on the trading post and hope for the best
- Advertise it, both on the trading post board and perhaps on relevant gallery boards, eg flower galleries (adverts on gallery threads are probably a bit gauche except where a person is specifically asking for suggestions, but you can neomail the board poster in question directly saying "hey, you have a great gallery, have you considered adding [my item]? I have one for sale if you're interested.")
- Suggest it to random people with pretty item galleries, retired item galleries, etc. I get a decent amount of unsolicited neomails saying "this item's pretty, want to buy it?"

Do you have a ballpark price for it?