NC Item Question

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Bif

NC Item Question

Post by Bif »

Hello fellow knowledgeable NCers!

I have a question about NC items and moving to a side account.

I'm looking at buying a background for one of my pets but I foresee that sometime in the future I'll move that pet to a side account. Do NC backgrounds move with the pet? Can I send it to the side account? I've tried to figure it out via FAQs and such but haven't found that answer.

Thanks guys!
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: NC Item Question

Post by thelonetiel »

You need to have NC "Gift Boxes" to move NC items - they don't transfer with the pet at all. You can send one item per box, and they can only be used once each.

You get a gift box for every $5 (USD) spent on a NC Card. I think there might be ways of getting them through online payments - but its still like you buy a Virtual NC card through Wal-Mart or something. If you buy NC through the Neopets website, you don't get boxes.

The other way (if you don't live in a place with easy access to the physical NC Cards for sale) is through NC Gift Box Capsules - there's a Techo Fanatic Gift Box Mystery Capsule on sale in the mall now that will get you at least one, sometimes more (and sometimes a "special") gift box, plus other NC items.

I tend to buy my NC through physical cards only for this reason, so I make sure I have boxes saved up for when I want to move pets or trade items.
Bif

Re: NC Item Question

Post by Bif »

Thanks very much for the info! It looks like I have a few boxes stored away (didn't quite understand them when I shoved them into my SDB), so that works out well.

Thanks again!