A quick colour list

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

A quick colour list

Post by Nogitsune »

I've been going through the Rainbow Pool to see what colours are completed, which are near-completed, and which have almost no pets. I'll try to keep this updated as pet days and colour days come around. For those colours that have 40 or more pets, I've listed which pets are missing. For the others, I've just listed how many pets can come in that particular colour. Those pets with an * next to them are almost certainly not going to become that particular colour, while those with a ^ are questionable. (This only happens with Maraquan and Tyrannian.)

All current pets (55): Blue, Green, Red, Yellow

Baby, Desert, Electric, Faerie, Fire, Ghost, Grey, Island, Magma, Orange, Pink, Pirate, Plushie, Rainbow, Robot, Shadow, Starry, White (54) - Vandagyre

Brown (53) – Ogrin, Vandagyre
Christmas (53) – Hissi, Jetsam
Cloud (53) – Lutari, Vandagyre
Purple (53) – Lutari, Vandagyre
Spotted (53) – Lutari, Vandagyre

Darigan (52) – Lutari, Ogrin, Vandagyre
Halloween (52) – Lutari, Ogrin, Vandagyre
Mutant (52) – Nimmo, Wocky, Vandagyre
Speckled (52) – Lutari, Ogrin, Vandagyre
Striped (52) – Gnorbu, Moehog, Vandagyre

Disco (51) – Chia, Ogrin, Xweetok, Vandagyre
Royal (51) – Chia, Jetsam, Ogrin, Vandagyre
Skunk (51) – Chia, Gnorbu, Grundo, Vandagyre

Camouflage (50) – Gnorbu, Korbat, Lutari, Moehog, Vandagyre
Checkered (50) – Gnorbu, Lutari, Ogrin, Vandagyre, Xweetok

Split (49) – Gnorbu, Korbat, Ogrin, Tuskaninny, Vandagyre, Yurble
Glowing (47) – Kyrii, Lenny, Lutari, Ogrin, Ruki, Scorchio, Vandagyre, Xweetok

Gold (46) – Gnorbu, Hissi, Kacheek, Kau, Lutari, Ogrin, Peophin, Vandagyre, Yurble
Tyrannian (46) – Bruce, Buzz, Chomby*, Grarrl*, Kiko, Lutari, Pteri^, Tonu*, Vandagyre

Sketch (45) – Bori, Gnorbu, Hissi, Koi, Krawk, Lutari, Meerca, Ogrin, Ruki, Vandagyre
Snow (45) – Hissi, Kau, Kiko, Korbat, Krawk, Lutari, Meerca, Nimmo, Ruki, Vandagyre

Silver (44) – Chia, Hissi, Ixi, Kau, Lenny, Lutari, Ogrin, Ruki, Tuskaninny, Vandagyre, Xweetok
Chocolate (43) – Acara, Eyrie, Gnorbu, Grarrl, Koi, Krawk, Lupe, Moehog, Nimmo, Peophin, Techo, Tuskaninny, Vandagyre
Maraquan (42) – Chia, Flotsam*, Gnorbu, Jetsam*, Kiko^, Koi*, Lenny, Lutari, Nimmo^, Peophin*, Quiggle^, Tuskaninny*, Vandagyre
Strawberry (41) - Blumaroo, Hissi, Korbat, Krawk, Kyrii, Lenny, Lutari, Ogrin, Peophin, Pteri, Ruki, Scorchio, Vandagyre, Xweetok
Eventide (40) - Buzz, Chia, Elephante, Gnorbu, Jetsam, Jubjub, Kau, Kiko, Meerca, Moehog, Nimmo, Ruki, Scorchio, Techo, Tuskaninny, Vandagyre

Jelly (37)
Zombie (36)

Wraith (29)
Ice (28)

Biscuit (27)
Invisible (27)
Snot (27)
Woodland (27)

Maractite (26)
Transparent (24)
Water (24)

Stealthy (21)
Dimensional (19)
Pastel (19)

8-bit (17)
Relic (15)

Swamp Gas (14)
Sponge (13)
Custard (12)
Elderly (12)

Polka Dot (1)

Anyone have hopes or desires for which colour(s) should be filled next?
Last edited by Nogitsune on 24 Mar 2015 09:06 am, edited 27 times in total.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Madge

Re: A quick colour list

Post by Madge »

I'm both shocked and pleasantly surprised that Custard is the least multitudinous colour since I don't particularly care for it. I forgot Water was a colour.

It's interesting that Eventide is the most popular post-customization colour - was it the first colour to be released after customization?
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Madge wrote:I'm both shocked and pleasantly surprised that Custard is the least multitudinous colour since I don't particularly care for it. I forgot Water was a colour.

It's interesting that Eventide is the most popular post-customization colour - was it the first colour to be released after customization?
No, Zombie was released October 25, 2007. After that it was Magma (December 15, 2009), Relic (April 2, 2010), Woodland (June 26, 2010), Transparent (September 25, 2010), Maractite (November 25, 2010), 8-Bit (March 22, 2011), Swamp Gas (June 21, 2011), Water (August 30, 2011), Wraith (October 26, 2011), Eventide (January 4, 2012), Elderly (May 8, 2012), Stealthy (August 8, 2012), Dimensional (September 25, 2012), and Pastel (December 20, 2013).

By the way, Sunny Neo has a neat way of looking up colours: http://www.sunnyneo.com/rainbowpool.php , though some of it isn't quite accurate, as a couple of paint brushes are missing their release dates and they list Jelly as having been released first on May 25, 2007 - which was Koi day (Koi got Jelly as one of its colours that year). However, there were several other Jelly pets available before that. I think it was the first time it was announced in the news, but I could be wrong.

For those keeping count, there are some 70 "regular" colours (that is, colours most every pet will be able to be coloured in eventually). Whether it's 70, 68, or 66 depends on whether you count Tyrannian and Maraquan (since there are some pets that will almost certainly not be in those colours - at least, not in the foreseeable future) and whether you count Royal Boy/Royal Girl and Elderly Boy/Elderly Girl as separate or joined. There are many other colours, of course, but most of them are Chia fruit colours and some of them (Alien, Clay, Garlic, Quiguki, and Usuki) seem to be very limited in scope.

If you're really interested the Chia fruit colours are: Agueena, Apple, Asparagus, Aubergine, Avocado, Blueberry, Carrot, Chokato, Durian, Gooseberry, Grape, Lemon, Lime, Onion, Pea, Peach, Pear, Pepper, Pineapple, Thornberry, Tomato, and Ummagine [Total: 23] (Technically Orange and Strawberry are also fruits, but they also overlap with regular colours.)

Everything else works out as:

Alien (Aisha)
Chokato (Chia, Kiko)
Clay, Garlic (JubJub, Kiko)
Coconut (Jubjub)
Mallow (Grundo)
Msp (Poogle)
Quigukiboy (Quiggle)
Quigukigirl (Quiggle)
Usukiboy (Usul)
Usukigirl (Usul)

That's 11 (counting boy/girl separately), or 9 (not).

That's a grand total of 104 colours (counting boy and girl separate) or 100 colours (not).
Last edited by Nogitsune on 15 Oct 2014 08:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faun

Post by Faun »

This is pretty interesting. I always forget how many colours there are. Some of them are really forgettable to me (Like Skunk and Disco) so I always get a bit surprised when I see a new pet in that colour.

I'm also pretty amazed that transparent came out in 2010. I had thought that transparent and everything after it were really recent colours so it's a bit weird seeing that it's been out that long.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Madge

Post by Madge »

I just realised that we're also going through a new colour drought at the moment. They were releasing them on a pretty consistent schedule for a while. Check out this graph I just whipped up in excel:

[y-axis: number of new colours post-customisastion; x-axis: date; dot represents a colour being released on that date]

Look at dat solid line except for Zombie and Pastel at the beginning and end.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Madge wrote:I just realised that we're also going through a new colour drought at the moment. They were releasing them on a pretty consistent schedule for a while. Check out this graph I just whipped up in excel:

*snipped*

Look at dat solid line except for Zombie and Pastel at the beginning and end.
Very cool! Well, that's hardly a surprise. They can't even manage two different clothing types for pets right now. Things will probably get back to normal once they finish the merger. Then again, they may want to fill in past colours before making more new ones.