Gauging interest in Neopets talk

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Gauging interest in Neopets talk

Post by Nogitsune »

Lately I've been itching to talk about Neopets. You may have noticed from my past couple of posts I've been considering different things around Neopia for stories. I've even written an article about faeries that I tried to submit to the Neopian Times (and, of course, this was the week the editor went on extended holiday). It doesn't help that I came across this cool-looking map with writing that's unreadable.

I'm just not sure how many people here are all that interested in Neopets anymore.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kari

Re: Gauging interest in Neopets talk

Post by Kari »

I poke around for events and whatnot. That map looks like a world map, I can make out some location names on it. Though why is Faerieland in the sky?
derp
Madge

Post by Madge »

I try and do my dailies and whatnot. I just wish there was a better "social" scene in neopets that I could easily tap into. I'd love nothing more than to continue roleplaying my pets but I always had the hardest time finding roleplaying partners that were both good and "dedicated" (you know..... willing to spend maybe 5 minutes a day writing out a reply.... not asking for the earth here).
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Kari wrote:I poke around for events and whatnot. That map looks like a world map, I can make out some location names on it. Though why is Faerieland in the sky?
This was made a while back, given the Nickelodeon marketing. As far as I can tell Qasala is not on the map either. I asked him if it were possible to load a version where the writing is legible.
Madge wrote:I try and do my dailies and whatnot. I just wish there was a better "social" scene in neopets that I could easily tap into. I'd love nothing more than to continue roleplaying my pets but I always had the hardest time finding roleplaying partners that were both good and "dedicated" (you know..... willing to spend maybe 5 minutes a day writing out a reply.... not asking for the earth here).
I wish that too. It's why I started this thread. Well, if you're interested in trying roleplaying, I'd be willing to give it a go. I've just got all sorts of ideas in my head and I'm not sure where to discuss them.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm so rusty, haha. But I loved all the little stories I'd written for my pets. Then when I found people on the neoboards who looked like they might be good I felt a little uncomfortable hanging out with, you know, 15 year old girls.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Madge wrote:I'm so rusty, haha. But I loved all the little stories I'd written for my pets. Then when I found people on the neoboards who looked like they might be good I felt a little uncomfortable hanging out with, you know, 15 year old girls.
I'd like to see them if you want to share. I'm not a 15 year old girl in any case! :P
Madge

Post by Madge »

www.neopets.com/~Sail is something that I wrote off and on for about, what, 5 years. Maybe I should go back to it!
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Madge wrote:http://www.neopets.com/~Sail is something that I wrote off and on for about, what, 5 years. Maybe I should go back to it!
Oooh! I like that. I wish I had one to share in turn. It would be nice to see if she finds her parents. You know, I've often wondered whether the various lands have navies, particularly Meridell and Brightvale. I know Tyrannia has a sea division. I'm sure Marak leads something like one off of Altador. I'm not sure about Lost Desert, but it would make sense...
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'll be more interested in Neopets again when they finally get rid of the laaaaaag.

Oh, and I would so RP my pets. I kind-of used to. My first four even have LiveJournals. Heck, two are even legally old enough now, and the other two will be later this year.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Fjorab_Teke wrote:I'll be more interested in Neopets again when they finally get rid of the laaaaaag.

Oh, and I would so RP my pets. I kind-of used to. My first four even have LiveJournals. Heck, two are even legally old enough now, and the other two will be later this year.
Yeah, the lag is annoying, though I wish they'd answer questions about all those dangling threads they leave in their plots. Not to mention inform us about Lutari Island.

Cool! I've never RPed my pets, but I did start a story I hope to someday finish. I've got a couple, actually. I'm just so eager to talk theories and propose new lands and such.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I think I'm finally getting bored with it, to be honest, and the lag & general lack of content/excitement isn't helping. Even the approved fansites seem a lot quieter than they were just a year or two back. It seems there are not as many of us 'old-timers' around these days :-P

I do my dailies, though that now consists of 'buy stocks, collect bank interest, check New Features, go to Forgotten Shore' and that takes a tedious 15 minutes now the lag has returned with a vengeance. Other than that, I've still checked the NT every week (but now it looks increasingly like that'll be back only if/when Droplet returns).
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Kantark wrote:I think I'm finally getting bored with it, to be honest, and the lag & general lack of content/excitement isn't helping. Even the approved fansites seem a lot quieter than they were just a year or two back. It seems there are not as many of us 'old-timers' around these days :-P

I do my dailies, though that now consists of 'buy stocks, collect bank interest, check New Features, go to Forgotten Shore' and that takes a tedious 15 minutes now the lag has returned with a vengeance. Other than that, I've still checked the NT every week (but now it looks increasingly like that'll be back only if/when Droplet returns).
I'm not bored with it, even though I mostly only do my dailies. Instead I have lots of ideas that I'm not really sure where to post and discuss that I'm going to get a nice discussion on. I do agree that there's a problem with a lack of exciting things and, I think, an even worse problem is that despite having Facebook and Twitter they seem not to be very communicative.

I'd love to work for them, but I really wouldn't like to have to move to California to do it. I'm not sure I have what it takes, though, and they don't seem to be hiring. I really hope they'll at least have some news about the NT. There really shouldn't have been just one person on that.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be helpful to have our forums condensed back into a single old thread, like in the days of Sam. Somehow posting new topics is so much more work than responding to them.

I am barely playing these days. Occasionally, when I have time between work, pets, friends, and generally being an adult (I need to do laundry again?), I'll pop on the site. I'll spend a good half hour or so, and then realize that in order to do what i want, I'll need to invest hours and days of work. Then I give up and go back to reading random Facebook articles.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

thelonetiel wrote:Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be helpful to have our forums condensed back into a single old thread, like in the days of Sam. Somehow posting new topics is so much more work than responding to them.

I am barely playing these days. Occasionally, when I have time between work, pets, friends, and generally being an adult (I need to do laundry again?), I'll pop on the site. I'll spend a good half hour or so, and then realize that in order to do what i want, I'll need to invest hours and days of work. Then I give up and go back to reading random Facebook articles.
I think interest can wax and wane depending on other factors in life. For me it's more along the lines of comedy: whenever I'm interested in something no one else is and when everyone else is interested I'm not!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Nogitsune wrote:I think interest can wax and wane depending on other factors in life.
Yes, even though I'm pretty disillusioned with it at the mo partly because of lag and not much new happening and partly because of busy-ness IRL, I can easily imagine getting interested again if some new site event or developement were to happen.

It's boggling that they didn't arrange someone to cover the NT while Droplet was away, as far as I understand it's a planned leave of absence. Especially since the NT is one of the main outlets for user-generated content on the site, it's not going to help the 'stickiness' of the site if that outlet is no longer there.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark