So, how do you make your neopoints?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
dunx5000

So, how do you make your neopoints?

Post by dunx5000 »

I'm interested, how do you make your neopoints for day to day neopian life? :)

For me at the moment, restocking seems to be the best way, considering I suck at games, and the stocks I have're devalueing >.>;
And if you're a restocker, where'd you restock? =D
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I wizstalk, which kinda makes me a whore, but it's good money.
Best things to go after are codestones, it takes a long time but you can get a tidy profit.
gidget

Post by gidget »

Turdle racing.

Seriously. :)

I loathe restocking and I don't play many games because a) I suck at them; b) I have a low boredom threshhold; and c) unless it's a game I can walk away from, I get stressed about being trapped...

So most of my money comes from dailies...
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

Stocks. Madge or whoever can go into detail about them, but: stocks.

I kind of get my 15k for stock buying from games, though not always. I actually got two plushie PBs (1.1mil and 1.4mil) purely from games, but it burns you out.

Stocks, stocks, stocks. There's nothing better.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I used to play games daily but due to the crapulence of my PC the games used to slow down once I'd played them a couple of times making it very difficult. However, I earned enough to stick 15k into the stock market every few days. After about a year of solid investing, and harvesting those stocks going over 35NP, I'm now able to live comfortably off the stock market alone. So... if you can keep buying a few stocks from time to time you will reap the rewards in the long term.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

I'm making my NP purely from games because I don't have the patience for restocking. I think it's incredibly boring to sit there and refresh and hope something cheap comes along. *g*
But I consider investing in the stocks, the only problem is, that I have still some stocks on a secondary account and I don't want to cheat and have them on two accounts. So I wait until I can sell them for a profit and start a new portfolio on my main after that. :)
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

How about- I don't :D

Well, I get about 5K a day from playing games, more if i'm lucky with dailies but thats about it :S My internets too slow to RS, and I don't seem to have the patience for the stock market.

I can make about 15K a day from games but usually i'm too busy, except for weekends.
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
Madge

Post by Madge »

The stockmarket without a doubt. Buy 1,000 shares a day, of whatever's at 15, then sell when it hits 30 or higher.

The longer you have a stock portfolio, the bigger it grows, and the more money you make.

The only problem is that for the first six weeks or so, you don't see any money, and even then it takes a while for things to pick up.

I also restock at the book shop on occaision, but this isn't to make money but to buy books to read to my Lupe. If I buy books she's already read I sell them, I tend to break even on the book shop, with maybe a negligable profit margin.

Seriously, the stock market. There are a million petpages with good guides on how to use it, my two favourites being:
http://www.neopets.com/~Kuraddo
http://www.neopets.com/~dogooderneoneo

If anyone is interested I can break out my PROFIT CHART OF DOOM. It's been at least two months since I last broke it out.
tallan

Post by tallan »

Stocks, dailies, the two flash games I can play each day without getting bored: Hasee Bounce and Ultimate Bullseye. :P And Pyramids, which is great cause I can do other things at the same time, like listening to music (very important). Plus I'm cleaning out my SDB at the moment (lots of cheap stuff for the pack rat avatar).
gidget

Post by gidget »

Madge,

I'd love to see the Profit Chart of DOOM. I might have to try the stock market for (virtu)real. *sees $$$$$*

;)
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Madge wrote:
I also restock at the book shop on occaision, but this isn't to make money but to buy books to read to my Lupe. If I buy books she's already read I sell them, I tend to break even on the book shop, with maybe a negligable profit margin.
Thanks for reminding me! Oh my gosh, I used to have a shop dedicated to selling off books that I bought there, cheap and quick- very good for making a profit.
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
Madge

Post by Madge »

*grumble grumble* the things I do for you *grumble curse*

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs74&d=06130&f=pr ... ofDOOM.PNG

Horizontal axis is time in days, with the tick marks being every 30 days and thus approximating months.

The chart is best understood by pretending my bank account started at 0, and that it could go infinitely into the negative values if I kept taking money out of it, and that I only used the stockmarket to make money - no dailies, no games, no random events, just the stockmarket.

So in other words, every day 15,000np is deducted, and whenever stocks are sold the amount I sold them for is added.

As you can see, I've made about 4 million np *profit* in just under a year, which equates to about 75k a week, from the stockmarket.

This was with a sell point of 50 for the first two or three months, and 60 thereafter; lower sell points will result in breaking even quicker, but less money in the long term, while higher sell points will result in breaking even slower but more money in the long term.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

I earn my np from restocking; games and stocks.

I often resock at the Food Store...regular hamburger shaped shop in Neopia Central. However, I only restock if it's half price day and if half price day doesn't fall on a day I have class. Even though it is pretty pointless to try restocking on half price day after all the children are up and not at school. I often don't buy anything that could be over 100 np during half price day as well because most of the expensive stuff is already gone. :/

Games are tricky, but with a little practice and figuring out which games you like you can have a nice set of games in your favorites that don't make you feel taxed every single time you play them. Also, it's always good to take a break from games all together.

Stocks are a pain in the ass for anyone without an iota of patience to their name...Thank God I have loads. Otherwise I'd have already pulled my hair out. That said, if you can't buy stocks in incriments of 1,000 a day go for a few hundred a day. Eventually you'll build up your stock portfolio enough so at least it doesn't look so utterly hopeless. I try to sell at 60 or above, but if you want to go lower than that go right ahead...my reasoning is that there's some of my stocks that I've only got 100 of the things and noting how the company is doing...I'm glad I never got more. :/

Anyway, hope that helps. :D
gidget

Post by gidget »

Ok, you've convinced me. :D

I've bought 1000 shares of stuff--100 shares of 10 different stocks. I wanted to diversify, so I went a bit higher than 15 np at times, but my average was about 16 np.

This was mainly so I'd have a broader, yet still manageable base to keep an eye upon. I'm going to be keeping it to 15 as much as possible.

Heh, in five minutes I made 100 np. ;)

Now, I need to add that to my dailies.
Madge

Post by Madge »

If you need to add the stockmarket to your dailies, why not try my dailies thing?

http://quicklinks.webhop.org

It's got all the dailies that I do on it, is easy to remember, and only has one pop-up ad. There's a URL for it that has no ads at all but it's something messy and convoluted with users.tpg.com.au in it, and no-one wants that.

I am totally not giving myself shameless plugs! What the hell made you think of that?