National Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Illuen

National Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Post by Illuen »

Yerr scurvy barnacles, prepare for the most fun ye'll ever have while not on the high seas! It be Talk Like a Pirate Day, and I come bearing some bootythat ye land lubbin wenches can divvy up amongst yourselves to celebrate this shindig! I'll be checkin me chest throughout the day and refillin it, but if ye forget to tell me your name on this post while talkin piratey, or if ye try and take more than your fair share, it be off to Davey Jone's Locker for ye, and I hear all you can see there is old Monkees reruns.

ETA:

I can't believe I forgot to mention this wee fact (that damn crocodile came near me ship, and the ticking drives me battier than a bowlegged kraken) but every pirate who joins this confederation by posting on this thread is entered in a drawing for a nice, shiny dubloon, which will be distributed midnight NST!
Last edited by Illuen on 19 Sep 2007 04:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

How delightful. A day for talking in a nautical slur, and a chance to wear a bandana.

I'm a very well-spoken pirate.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Grog! I be thankin' ye Cap'n Will in advance, havin' made a bid already (daisybell17, as if ye didn't know). Aye, and may ye sails never lack fo' wind, though I'll be thankin' ye not to call me a wench on any other day.
Neopets wishlists: here
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Yarrr! Thank ye for your kindness, cap'n Will. In return, you can have a photo of <a href="http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/ ... dfight.jpg"> me on the beach, swordfighting with my scurvy friend</a>. Arrr.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I be thankin' ye very muchly Cap'n Will fer yer generosity {t'is alana_currie on neopets}.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Thank ye Cap'n, Hannah the Pirate Caves be a fav'rite book o'mine but I got in a scrap with a sword fish and now I gots two glass eyes. I go by the name of adi_gallia o'er there too. Jedi Pirates? What nautical nonsense!

(SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Ho ho ho!

Yer speakin' me lenguage, ol' comrad! Booty is wenderful, yarr!

And now, that mazoku_kuiin lass is off fer the day. =) She's going te get her eyebrowns all pretty fer the great day.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Arr, any o ya scallywags savvy in nautical lingo en Español? The locals in these parts need some edjumacation in these best o'holidays.

Cap'n Will, I thank ye muchly fer the booty offer'd, but I 'ope it don't offend if I decline. Ne'er drink from another pirate's mug is me motto!
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Arr, ye landlubber, proper celebratin' o' pirates ought to involve plundering, not giving yer swag away! Nevertheless, I thank ye, and raise a glass of grog high in yer honor. (I be oogabooga264, but ye knew that.)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yarr! Ye be too bootilicious fer me, but 'twas a fine offer from a salty flying sea cow.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Arr, ye scurvy seadog, ye be sailin' stern-first! Pirates be plunderin', not givin'! I oughta keelhaul ya fer such talk! Be ye a lad or a lass?

Yarr, ye heard it well - this be Mutin-E!
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Ye traitorous mouth is what caused ye not to be chosen when two pirates fought for the same chest, y-E yellow bellied seacow! Although Cap'n Sparklypants be in a givin mood today, and there is booty to go around, so try ye hand again, and I will even spare ye miserable excuse of a life for the attempted mutiny!

I'll be takin a bit of a catfish nap, and in the meantime, it'll be first to the chest for the treasure, but fear not! Kind Cap'n Will be checking in later tonight to make sure there is enough to go around.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Arr, Cap'n, if ye were but a dame, I'd be plunderin' the seas in yer honor!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Aye, I don' be needin' any keel haulin' excuses to be talkin' in me native piratical tongue! Been doin' it every day I has! And I been sailing the salty seas long before any o' this talk like a bloody pirate day nonsense! But I never been one to turn down a grog filled party, so I be donnin' me trusty Jolly Rodger bandana fer the sake o' celebratin'!

An' yer a scurvy dog if ye don't be knowing me as chibi_joey of the 7 seas!
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

Mates, forget the grog, forget the swill -- I've got me seventeen casks of fine rum, ready for the openin', in honor of this auspicious day. Mugs all round, and drink up me hearties!

And if ye have the dash or the dare to be foulin' my mates with yer rough words, there's a simple matter of my steel to answer to.

(I play Puzzle Pirates. Everyday is Talk Like A Pirate day on there, which is awesome.)

(Although, really, Mal Reynolds is my favorite pirate ever.)

Another collection o' scallywags sent me this story... read yerself some blood chilling tales o' true pirates of today.