Background for a grey ixi... tranquility or terror?

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.
Xelio

Background for a grey ixi... tranquility or terror?

Post by Xelio »

So I finished Daeg's lookup at long last: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Monadaeg

Beyond re-doing the lookups for all my pets I'm buckling down and finding "looks" for all my side acct pets. As I don't move those pets around too often, I want to find what I consider to be the best items (NP and NC) to compliment their personalities and species/color combination. To that end, I am not stuck with Daeg. On his petpage I have four options I'm considering.

http://www.neopets.com/~Monadaeg

I like the green one because
1) it's the easiest to do, being mostly NP
2) breaks the grey pet/dreary background mold
3) has mushrooms which fits in with his "poisoning his own mind" thing sorta
4) shows that he lives in a perfectly happy world but sees horror all around in just his own messed up head

Problem is, I'm afraid with his dark lookup that much greenery would be too garish

The dark ones I like for being, well, dark... and matching both Daeg and his lookup. Course, most of them will take me longer to pull off with having more NC in the mix. Any input from you fine folks of the NC would be most appreciated.

/edit - Going with the green look. Have the tree, so 1/3 items down already.
Last edited by Xelio on 12 Apr 2011 05:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Background for a grey ixi... tranquility or terror?

Post by thelonetiel »

I actually like that green one the best. The items work really well together. Maybe if you are worried about it being too cheery, you could replace one of the foregrounds with the "Cover of Darkness Foreground", which is NP and adds a misty darkness to things. It probably won't fit with both the tree and the shrub though and would replace one.

I don't think it is so bright and green though that it would detract from his lookup. It looks like a pretty intimidating forest to me.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I thought of the cover of darkness, but it knocks off the shrubbery. Lawl @ intimidating forest. Even without a face on the tree it does look rather foreboding, now that you mention it. Lot's of shadows and with that ring of mushrooms and the one on the tree looming I'm sure Daeg is convinced the fungi are closing in on him.

There's that suggestion in the flesh-er, in the pixels, which adds nice darkness and gloom but obscures details, which I don't know how I feel about with as lovely as the image is. The old grey ixi is one of my most loved bits of art on the site, right up there with the old mara krawks.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I enhjoy the contrast between grey and green very much. I don't think you need the fog, the scene speaks by itself.