Help me decide on a Petpet for Lithocarpus?

General help with pet/account decisions, galleries, CSS/HTML and so on.

Which Petpet works best?

Faerie Feepit
3%
Faerie Baby Fireball
3%
Slogmok
No votes
Black Dofrey
28%
Minitheus
10%
Faerie Peo
3%
Pandaphant
23%
Black Snuffly
33%

Total votes: 40

Illuen

Help me decide on a Petpet for Lithocarpus?

Post by Illuen »

Now that my Usul isn't Tyrannian, having a Tyrannian snarhook doesn't fit her personality at all. I'm having problems, however, picking a new petpet. Litho is very much a Gentle Giant, a hulking, hideous monster who just wants a great big hug. I'd appreciate any and all input, and if you think something would work better than what I've picked out as possiblities, don't be afraid to mention them =D

Options on the poll are clockwise from the top.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Errrm...I wanted to vote for the Faerie Ghostkershief, but it isn't listed as an option on the poll...
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I always liked Black Snuffly, I don't know why. I think I just like the petpet in general, it also fits because you could just hug a Snuffly, they're so I-wanna-poke-it-ish.

I actually prefer Mutant Snuffly though if a colour scheme match isn't a big issue. They could be two mutant creatures that look scary, but want to be loved. The three eyes could be a bonus. I like orange :P
Last edited by adi_gallia on 04 May 2007 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

How about a Huggy?
Bif

Post by Bif »

The Slogmok looks like a petpet who doesn't mind what their pet looks like, and loves to be loved and give warm hugs too.

The Pandaphant looks just like a teddy bear which your Usul would pick up and squish with a hug whenever she wanted to.

I hope that you find a match which you love!
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

black snuffly all the way!

fairly cheap compared to the pandaphant, but still totally cool! i can just imagine him following his master Litho, like a cute waddling penguin..and Litho looking back and hugging his best friend..lol im getting too carried away but definitely black snuffly = best match
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

The black snuffly is too blobby and not so well drawn for my taste. I went with the dofrey- it's a nice petpet and has that vacant look. Pity about the extraneous wings, but otherwise I think it's a really good fit.
Neopets wishlists: here
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

I love the Pandaphant with her XD She's mutated and the first thing that always pops out to me about Pandaphants is how mismatched they are. In that way I think they're awesome together. Plus the shades of black match, too!
<3
Zap

Post by Zap »

I voted for the Faerie Peo, because it's a cute match but it's had no votes. :(

Black Snuffly would be my next choice though. *cheers it on*
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

I personally choose Minitheus. Both seems to want to be hugged, and both are little humble beasts :wink:

PS: Why is called "Stone Wrist"? xD
ImageImageImage
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

I chose Pandaphant.

They are both "different", the black on both matches, and they both look like fluffy luff. :D
ImageImageImage
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Skiler wrote:I personally choose Minitheus. Both seems to want to be hugged, and both are little humble beasts :wink:

PS: Why is called "Stone Wrist"? xD

It isn't =P to quote the mighty Wikipedia:
Lithocarpus is a genus in the beech family Fagaceae, differing from Quercus in the erect male spikes. The Kew Checklist (see link below) accepts 334 species, though some other texts suggest as low as 100 species. All but one are native to east and southeast Asia; the single exception, Lithocarpus densiflorus (Tanoak), being native to western North America in southwest Oregon and California. The Asian species do not have a well-known English vernacular name, though the generic term stone oak has been proposed.
I actually spent a long time thinking of the name, and I thought that it fit well. Since Usuls are squirrel like, and since she was Tyrannian, it seemed like a nice fit =D

Thank you for the suggestions everyone. I'm really torn at this point between the Pandaphant, the Snuffly, and the Dofrey. I am still having trouble deciding between the three D=
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Oh I see. Intelligent match ;)

If it helps you, from the three I think Snuffly is more near to your usul :)
ImageImageImage
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

Skiler wrote:Oh I see. Intelligent match ;)

If it helps you, from the three I think Snuffly is more near to your usul :)
Yeah, well I think the Pandaphant is a better match, and then we're back where we started. :P
ImageImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Hullo. MOOSE AND SQUIRREL. Only the moose can be the smart one now, or they can both be dim. Whatever.