My *gosh*, I actually *drew* something on the computer! o-o

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I have drawn with a mouse before, but I much prefer my tablet :D It mostly has to do with different pressures and easier erasing and stuff. Plus, my mouse before I got my tablet sucked. The funny thing is that the mouse that came with my tablet is much, much better - and wireless.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I go at it about 50/50 mouse and tablet. I sketch with the tablet for easy curves and such then use the mouse to do the "inking".
Image Image Image
Rivka

Post by Rivka »

Monkeyguy wrote:I go at it about 50/50 mouse and tablet. I sketch with the tablet for easy curves and such then use the mouse to do the "inking".
Exactly what I do haha. It makes it easier to use the pen to rough out what I wanna do, then from there on its all mouse -- detials, colour, etc.
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Thats really good, well done :)

I agree with Ziggy, you do not need a tablet to do good art on the computer but in my case it helped a lot becuase I am left handed and for some strange reason, can not get used to using a left handed mouse but can't draw with my right hand either.
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
rottweilerchika

Post by rottweilerchika »

I"m ambidextrious, so it doesn't matter for me xD I prefer writing and drawing with my right (so my sketchbook doesn't hurt my left), but I do everything else with my left. xD.
i suck a lot okay
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Dead Webby wrote:
I agree with Ziggy, you do not need a tablet to do good art on the computer but in my case it helped a lot becuase I am left handed
I am too.
But I guess that having used a mouse on the right hand side for such a long time before ever using the computer for art, I just got used to manouvering it with my right hand. To use a left handed mouse now just completely throws me. Kinda weird I suppose that I couldn't draw on paper with my right hand, but can with a mouse.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I can only draw isometric scenery using a mouse, and I use a laptop touch pad. I can't draw 'proper' drawings for the life of me with it.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

I probably prefer a tablet because, while mouse art I could teach myself, I had years of private art lessons with the traditional drawing, so my left hand naturally wants to do art from the elbow and shoulder... doesn't really work with a mouse. >.< Really it is a lot more personal preference than anything. I just love mine to bits because it allows me to continue using my long-tuned skills.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
rottweilerchika

Post by rottweilerchika »

I cannot use a left handed mouse for the life of me. Dunno why- can use the right-handed mouse with my left hand, no problem. It's frustrating- I've got a left handed mouse that works no problem, but when I can't function with one, it's rendered useless.

Sort of... redundant, if you think about it. ^^;
i suck a lot okay