Art contest

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Bunglejub

Art contest

Post by Bunglejub »

Since art contests are (usually) fun and we all love to receive free stuff I was thinking of starting a sort of ongoing art contest. I was thinking that it could run something like this...

The first contest topic is chosen and entrants have a week or two to come up with an entry for it. Once that time is up whoever picked the topic for the first week (so me I assume) picks the three best and allocates prizes to them accordingly. The person who came in first place then selects a subject for the next round and so on.

The prizes don't have to be anything spectacular, it can be up to the person holding the contest that week and whatever their budget is like. I guess it would be best to have everything Neo based too.

So yeah, anyone interested? I'm thinking that the first week could be to design a new pet, but if anyone else has a better idea for a way to kick it off feel free to suggest one..

Okay, we'll just go with this topic now, so...

Topic: Create a new Neopet
Due Date Monday Feb 20
Judge Bunglejub
Last edited by Bunglejub on 06 Feb 2006 02:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Imagethanks to MM
my account
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I quite like art contests, if I can find my damn scanner setup disk I'll definitely enter. I tried to make one of these topics back on the old forum, and on the day I was going to make it the forums went down. Figures.
Anza

Post by Anza »

Would the prizes have to be in NP or items? Because if I won a contest (yeah, right) and did one myself... well, I'm saving up for stuff right now and am short of funds but I'd be perfectly happy to offer artwork as prizes...
Funkentanz

Post by Funkentanz »

Ou interesting ^^
I´ll enter

:wink:
Twisted
Location: On the run from the thought police. With a big jar of Fizzy Fish.

Post by Twisted »

Yes-I may be interested.
I was thinking of doing one of these myself :) But I wouldn't mind entering.
Returned for the moment...I guess.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'm certainly interested, though I probably wouldn't be able to be involved much until the summer. Still, it's a very nice idea though.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I think its a great idea except all I can managed is pixel art, would that be ok?
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Kidnemo wrote:I think its a great idea except all I can managed is pixel art, would that be ok?
Don't knock pencil art, I think it's wonderful when done well. And I'm sure any art would be acceptable, at least if I made the rules (which of course I don't) it would be.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I wasn't knocking it, I just can't do it :P
Float

Post by Float »

Does that mean we can start, like, now?

I guess I like the idea xD

And I second you Kidnemo, so yeah. You'e not the only one who will be mostly doing pixel art.

Also, as long as concepts are judges as well as art, so that the same three best artists or something don't end up winning every single time.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'm interested :D I like drawing to a contest/topic
derp
Bunglejub

Post by Bunglejub »

Anza wrote:Would the prizes have to be in NP or items? Because if I won a contest (yeah, right) and did one myself... well, I'm saving up for stuff right now and am short of funds but I'd be perfectly happy to offer artwork as prizes...
Yeah sure, I don't see why you couldn't offer art work as a prize. In fact, I'm probably more inclined to do that for this round from myself as it's a bit hard to tell what prizes people will like or not. We'll just leave that up to the host of that round. NP, items, art...whatever tickles your fancy.
Kidnemo wrote:I think its a great idea except all I can managed is pixel art, would that be ok?
Whatever art you're comfortable with. The more variety of styles, the more interesting the contest.
Float wrote:Does that mean we can start, like, now?

I guess I like the idea xD

And I second you Kidnemo, so yeah. You'e not the only one who will be mostly doing pixel art.

Also, as long as concepts are judges as well as art, so that the same three best artists or something don't end up winning every single time.
Yup, we might as well kick this off now. I'll edit the topic and due date into my first post. And I'll definitely be taking concepts into consideration when I do my judging.

So, how about we give it two weeks and make entries due on the 20th of Feb?

hehe, I should've picked a topic that I wouldn't want to enter :p I'll still do a pic for fun though.
Imagethanks to MM
my account
VanillaCoke

Post by VanillaCoke »

OOO, Interesting. *starts thinking*
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Hehe, I drew up an antlion neopet a while back... I'd love to enter, but my scanner's been broken for ages. @.@; And I wont have access to a working on for two weeks. x3
Deku

Post by Deku »

I'm interested, I'll enter. I'll draw something up later.