Taking a few requests. [closed for EVAR]

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Taking a few requests. [closed for EVAR]

Post by thelonetiel »

Requests are closed.
I have other things I want to do, as fun as these were. ^^

So I need something to distract me from my coding troubles, and making graphics sounds as fun as anything.

I can do one art request, a set request, and a user lookup request at once, as I will do them at different times depending on my mood.

Art
Art will be done in this style unless I really like how it turns out and want to do more. I've found doodling throughout the day at school has improved my art, but drawing my own Neopets over and over again is getting annoying.

Please, only request fairly simple pets, and Neopets only. As I said, I want to do it at school and won't have a computer to examine a ref sheet or even Neopet's images, so a complex custom draik design probably won't be accurate when I'm done. I am not good at anthro's though I can try as long as you know it wont be the best.

Sets
Avatar and signature sets will be done like my current set. You must link or post the Neopet image you want (posting it as an image is easier for me) and the phrase/text (if any) you want on it. If you dislike box-ey images, be sure to say so, as that's what I usually default to.

User Lookups

Okay, these are the hardest to do, but they are fun to make. ^^ So, you must be an active member, i.e. I must recognize your name/avatar. Not a very big requirement as I usually remember most names of posters, but I will refuse your request if this is your first ever post on NC. For best results, use the Neopet's backgrounds.

For both sets and lookups, I will only use Neopet images unless you made the image (drew or took the photo), or someone here made the image and okays your use of it. If your request is too simular to someone else's set (either current or in the past) and I can't make it different enough, I may ask you to choose another topic.

Neopet image sources
Backgrounds
Collectable Cards
Sketches
Press Kit
Trading Cards
(Offsite) Neoquest II Monsters

(More coming soon)

Also, almost any image that is done in Flash animation is really easy for me to convert into a lookup or other large image, so if you find something in a Flash map you like, just link to that page.

Queue
Art: Illuen - Maggots
Set: none
Lookup: none
Last edited by thelonetiel on 02 Apr 2006 09:31 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yay, art :D Your Eyrie pic is awsome.
Alright, here's the info:

Name: Altyres
Species/Color: Tyrannian Lupe
Personality: Bascially, he's a scardy cat. He rarely leaves his cave for fear of going outside to find a monster, but at the same time he's scared of the dark in his cave. He has a "security blanket" Plushie Noil for a petpet and is constantly playing with the mane to help calm his nerves. He also wears a Light Faerie Charm which serves as his "flashlight". You can read more about him on his lookup.
Petpet: Velcro the Plushie Noil
Last edited by Seerow on 21 Feb 2006 01:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Float

Post by Float »

Post coming
Last edited by Float on 21 Feb 2006 03:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Starr

Post by Starr »

Oh, I'd love a userlookup! Yours are just so wonderful, I've always been in awe of them. I'm pretty much rubbish at that whole thing, hehe.

First just checking if you wouldn't mind doing one for me (I know I've never been one to post a lot.) ^^ No hard feelings if not, I understand they can be quite time consuming!
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

You are all fine. ^^ I just don't want someone I've never seen before want to suck up the time and energy it takes to make a lookup, and you don't fall into that catagory Starr.

I'll be going to my grandfather's for dinner, so get you have a few minutes to get your requests filled in. :P
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Argh! I missed it! And I so want a better lookup.

*flails*

*camps out on thread*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Starr

Post by Starr »

Great, thank you! I'm not sure how much information you need, because I'm actually not really sure how I'd like it. Pretty much anything besides what I have now would be wonderful! XD It'd be for my main account here.

I'd like it based around the Snow Spyder/Frost Spyder from Neoquest , though I've only managed to scrounge up two pictures at the moment (both on white background.) :oops: Probably just something around that color scheme, I can try and find a wintery/snowy background to go with them as well.

What I have now:
http://images.neopets.com/nq2/m/m2050_c2406.gif
http://images.neopets.com/nq2/m/m2035_a59ee.gif

Let me know what else you need to know or if this isn't enough to work off of. Thanks again!
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

*pats Kamil* I'm sure you'll catch me eventually.

And Starr, I'll just go with a bit of a snowy Terror Mountain theme with those critters in the spotlight. ^_^ *rubs hands together and gets to work*
Starr

Post by Starr »

thelonetiel wrote:*pats Kamil* I'm sure you'll catch me eventually.

And Starr, I'll just go with a bit of a snowy Terror Mountain theme with those critters in the spotlight. ^_^ *rubs hands together and gets to work*
That sounds just perfect! I'm excited to see it. =)
thelonetiel

Post by thelonetiel »

Whoot. That was fun. ^_^

Code: Select all

Lookup has been picked up. If code is needed, PM me.
I fiddled with having the Welcome text come up, but the only way I could get it to be decent (but even then not perfect) for Premium (which adds stuff to it) ended up looking awful in Opera, so I decided against doing anything with it at all. If you have any problems, just tell me. And if possible, can you upload the images to your own server?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/t ... lookup.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/t ... idebar.jpg

So! The lookup queue is open. ^^

*taps foot at Float*
Last edited by thelonetiel on 27 Feb 2006 06:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Starr

Post by Starr »

Squee! It's awesome, thank you so much! I love the way it turned out and the side bar looks great. You're amazing (and so quick!) <3

I've saved and uploaded both images to my own server. ^_^

*flaunts new lookup*
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Oh, that's lovely, Tiel. *admires

Starr, it's lovely, I'm very <strike>jealous of</strike> happy for you. ^.^

It really is lovely - he's one of my favorite NQII bosses; I just adore his clickty-clacking claws. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I think the lookup slot's still open, Kamil, if you're still wanting it. :)
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

I'd love one of your lookups, Tiel. I appreciate you making it more noticable, I had missed that somehow. *slaps self*

Anyway, yes, please, it would make me very happy. =D

*goes to reread to see what you needed from Starr in the way of images, etc., and then to collect same.

Whee! Thank you!

Edit: I'm torn on exactly what I'd like the theme to be (I love so much of the art from the LDP, but, omg, so common) but one thing I do know, if it's alright with you, is that I'd like it to be done in the same manner that you've done your lookup for your xanviel account.

What I mean is I'd much prefer to have the pets, etc., easily visable, if that works for you?

*still shuffling through all the good art*

I'll have a decision for you by tomorrow afternoon, if that's alright?

Again, thank you so much.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Float

Post by Float »

*taps back* So so sorry, I'm spazzing or something. It'll be up in like 5 minutes.

Aaand:
I'm requesting a matching siggy, and some pictures I like are the little kacheek from the first, and i just kind of like the second.
http://images.neopets.com/games/new_tra ... y_2005.gif
http://images.neopets.com/games/new_tra ... n_2005.gif

All I want it so say is Float. I guess I kind of want it to look.. oldish? If you need me to post anything else i can. Thanks!
Last edited by Float on 21 Feb 2006 08:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.