RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Yeah. There was a short blank-out during the film of about three seconds. Someone yelled out, "Damn gremlins at it again!"
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I feel like crying at my crapness.

I'm doing my CPT3 coursework, final deadline is tomorrow and I have to make some reports in Access. I have no idea how to make them.

On Friday I asked my teacher to show me 1 of 5, and he did so I have 1 done. I also managed to do another 1 on my own and semi-blag another.

The final two I am clueless on, my friend (who is just as bad at Access as me) has all 5 reports done because he asked a nerdy friend of his to do all 5 of his reports for him, and he did. My teacher thinks I'm really good at this (I got an A in ICT last year and a D this year) and my friend, is someone who he thinks is really stupid (got a U in his test this year and a C last year). But it turns out that I'm going to look the stupid one and my friend is going to look good.

I asked my friend to help me with the other 2 reports on Friday, but he said no, he had 'more important things to do' (such as looking at the BBC Football website and drawing scribbles on MS Paint). This really angers me, not that I can't copy his work (which isn't even his to begin with, but let's not get into that), but that I'm in need of his help and he can't be bothered to help me and now I'm probably gonna fail this. I thought friends were supposed to help each other out. I usually help him when he needs me, but this is much more serious than anything and he's just being a smug tw*t.

RAWR [/whine]

Well..we have 3 exams, one over. I got a D in the first, I'm likely to get a U in this one. So if I try REALLY hard in the other one I might come out with a B/C. I think that would average to about a D or an E. So I should try VERY hard on the non-coursework exam and then I might get through this.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Could you get back at this so-called "friend" of yours by informing the professor that he didn't actually do any of the work? I'm not sure what the repercussions of that would be, but it's really not fair for him to get away with something like that (even if you weren't struggling with the project).

I hope you're able to figure out the rest of your project. :(
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Yes, I could do that. But I've known this 'friend' for nearly 10 years, I mean he's usually alright, and that. He also needs as many marks as he can get since he got a U in one of the tests.

If I told the teacher he'd probably think I was kidding.

I tried to take a dig at him on Friday by saying 'Is there any of your project that YOU actually did?'. I did the ERD and DFD he has. The teacher made all of his forms and some queries. This friend did all his reports. All he has done is enter the data and write up what 'he' has done.

Where it says on the submission form 'did you have any help, from anyone other than your teachers' it should have a few names, but I don't think he'll add them.
Officer 1BDI wrote:I hope you're able to figure out the rest of your project. :(
Thanks, but I doubt it. I'm gonna whine at my friend tomorrow morning when I have a free to try and get some help before the end of the day, but I don't think it'll work.

I don't think he realises that this is gonna be one of those things I'll never live down and forget.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Woe?: I know you guys are probably like, "Shut up already!" but my little sister told my family that I was rubbing a guy's head this weekend and it was so not in the right context so now my family thinks I'm some sort of freak... I don't really care what they think though so it's all alright.
Image Image Image
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

Yay: Almost done with a particularly complicated render in Illustrator.

Woe: My wrists sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies. RSI for the lose. I want a tablet.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Officer 1BDI wrote:Could you get back at this so-called "friend" of yours by informing the professor that he didn't actually do any of the work? I'm not sure what the repercussions of that would be, but it's really not fair for him to get away with something like that (even if you weren't struggling with the project).
I'm not sure about coursework (which this sounds like) but the repercussions for cheating in an exam start at having that particular exam nullified (so getting no marks, and 30 or 40% of the final grade will rest on one exam) and progress to having the entire course nullified (ie, you fail the subject, which is probably one of four subjects you're taking) and for a particularly severe case, they fail you for every single subject, leaving you with no qualifications - in adi's year this would mean repeating the entire year as I'm pretty certain you can't move onto A2s if you've failed every single one of your AS levels.

Cheating is taken <i>very</i> seriously in exams. But like I say, I'm not sure how much so in coursework because it's a lot harder to identify there.

Adi - your situation is not nice. However, is it at least possible that you might be able to resit one of these units in the January exams? That's what I ended up doing with my AS Maths after having a lot of trouble with my teacher and completely giving up on the subject - I resat the worst unit (embarrassingly, this was statistics *blushes*) in January and pulled my grade up to a B. Admittedly I wasn't continuing maths to A2, but there was widespread resitting of English Literature exams in my year as well due to some exceedingly dodgy marking by the exam board and all those people were continuing it to the second year.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Adi, I study in Office Technology, surely you can explain to me what you have to do and I can try to explain.

I still have my notes, and did my final Access exam last Wednesday
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I didn't do Statistics in AS Maths this year, I did Core 1, 2 and Mechanics.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna resit CPT1 in January as I think it was just me being 'blonde' on the day. There was a queues and stacks question, it clearly said it was a queue, but I answered it as if it were a stack (I know this because our whole class did badly, so we paid to get them sent back) if I answered it correctly I would have got a C in that test.

Thanks for the offer Iggy, but it's too late now I had to hand it in today for my teacher to look at it before Wendesday. I'm not quite sure how I would explain it anyway to be honest.

Plus today I'm not as angry, if I fail it I fail it, I'll just resit CPT1 and 2 in January if it's that bad.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Woe: I was going to type some long explanation, but I'll keep it short and sweet. Work sucked balls tonight.
Image Image Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Woe: I just realized that I have a midterm this Friday, the day after my midterm in another class, which my professor and TA had neglected to remind the class about. Sure, I have most of the week to study for it, but on top of the second midterm and this paper due tomorrow, finding the time's going to be a... pain. >_<

(I feel bad for anyone who hasn't checked the class web site and noticed this, though. I honestly wouldn't have remembered otherwise; usually professors remind us a week in advance.)
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Achievement: I did my final exam yesterday and now I am almost comepletely done with uni ^_^ {aside from the graduation which isn't until June}

Woe: I now need to go job-hunting as my dear old mother is nagging me ¬_¬.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

:) We had a softball game today and we won for the first time. 14-8!
:( I found out today that John Green will be visiting my school, on the day I'm away at the softball tournament. And I really wanted to meet him... :(
sgt_pooh

Post by sgt_pooh »

I just got a call today. I got a new job teaching in Austin. :)

It's Special Education and it's one of 3 jobs. I'll find out later which one I got. I'll be teaching, so I'll be thrilled with anything they let me do.

My son and I are going down tomorrow to sign the contract and look at apartments. We'll be leaving a 3 bedroom house for a 2 bedroom apartment, but that's just fine. :)

The only woe: My daughter is staying with her Daddy and I have to leave the dogs with her...

...the cats are coming with us. :)

I'm just so excited I am about to burst.

mod edit: please don't change font colour.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Not sure if this counts as RL, but it's non-Neo.

A couple of months ago something inspired me to look up on Wikipedia all the cartoons I used to watch as a kid. Most of their pages were in fairly good repair, but one wasn't. The episode synopses were terrible, half the links linked to the wrong place, some of the text was copied from a TV website and most of the rest was misspelt and/or inaccurate. I couldn't leave it like that, so I got to work.

I was writing from memory so I couldn't get everything down, but by the start of May about half the episodes had their own pages with accurate synopses and a few notes. Meanwhile, someone else was working on fixing all the links so that the episode pages actually came up. I felt like we were getting somewhere.

Now?

For some reason, someone decided that it was better to be "uninformative." The episode pages are ALL GONE. Every single one of them now simply redirects to the main page about that show, which can never be as informative as having individual pages. All my work has disappeared into the Wikipedia ether.

Is there a way to get my pages back up? And if I did so, would I be going against someone's authority?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.