Super Smash Brothers Brawl Website!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

Whoot! Hehe nice that he can fly for limited time kinda like Firebrand was in Gargoyle's Quest 2. But there is something that is urking me "Wings of Icarus" is wrong! X.x; The wings the bestowed Pit the Ability to fly were called wings of Pegasus.....

Hehe I think in a bow battle Pit would win since it was he main weapon in his two games besides the use of hammers. But it was mainly the bow he use the daggers were introduced acutally in brawl so this is very new if you know what I mean.

~ Chibi
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Today's Update:

Just what the hell IS a Final Smash? Well, that's what this update's about. It's an insanely powerful special move featured in the earliest Brawl video (which was featured at E3 2006). What attack it is depends on the character. Apparently, it can only be used once, and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball. Oh, and, unlike in the movie, you don't have to use the Final Smash right away (though they were most likely pressed for time and didn't want to show an extra 15 seconds of Mario actually aiming his attack).

And, of course, since Mario to Nintendo is OMGTEHAWESOMENESS, he is the first to get a Final Smash entry. His Final Smash is called the Mario Finale (SO creative. Good job!). As seen in the video, it launches two huge fireballs that totally pwn any unfortunate opponent caught in them. Erm, one mistake in the entry: They say that the explosion that is launched goes VERTICALLY as it travels, when it most certainly travels HORIZONTALLY in the movie. Besides, I can't imagine what Mario's fireballs would to if they were to go up in the sky as opposed to sweep the hell out of the opponents by going horizontally.

Ok, that's Mario's. I'm guessing we'll either get a character profile for Meta Knight tomorrow or we'll get Link's Final Smash.

What the heck is a Final Smash?
Mario's Final Smash (at the bottom of the page)
dunx5000

Post by dunx5000 »

I'm late, and the final smash looks to be great =D

But what I really think is, if Icarus flew too close to the sun and his wings melted, does that mean that Pit's recovery move just sends him tumbling to his doom?
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

dunx5000 wrote:I'm late, and the final smash looks to be great =D

But what I really think is, if Icarus flew too close to the sun and his wings melted, does that mean that Pit's recovery move just sends him tumbling to his doom?
Use your recovery move and miss the ground, and you'll fall to your doom anyways. =D
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Ok, sorry for the double post AGAIN, but, yet another update, and one that I'm pleased to know about:

Remember the Super Scope? Y'know, the one the CPU characters like to exploit by firing rapid shots at you over and over and over and OVER again? The one where you can KO people by charging it up and firing? Yeah, that one. I'm sure you all remember being glued to the same patch of ground while firing it, too. Well, no more! You can now move and even jump (well, while facing the direction you're firing) while using it! More snipe KOs for me! :P

The Moving and Shooting Update
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Oh man, those are one of my favourite items! :D I love doing mid-air barrel rolls and shooting the crap out of the CPUs. Pllus, it's saved my ass quite a few times.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

New Challenger! Er, I mean, Item! It's called the Cracker Launcher. It allows you to shoot huge fireworks at enemies. I hope they have loads of items, since it seems all the items shown so far are Smash items. If the Parasol, Warp Star, Food, and PokéBalls aren't back, I'll be sad.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

nanabobo567 wrote:New Challenger! Er, I mean, Item! It's called the Cracker Launcher. It allows you to shoot huge fireworks at enemies. I hope they have loads of items, since it seems all the items shown so far are Smash items. If the Parasol, Warp Star, Food, and PokéBalls aren't back, I'll be sad.
You so, like, stole my thunder. LOL. xD

Wow, it's a missile launcher that shoots fireworks. xD It looks like it might slow your character down, though.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

While I'm in a state of insomnia, I might as well say this.

Todays update shows Delfino Plaza from Super Mario Sunshine. The stage seems rather Shrine-sized; there's lots to do. Although you spend quite some time upon a little Delfino-symboled platform you're also able to go within the town town and fight too. At least when the platform lands at least.

Sounds like you're limited to wherever the platform stops at. :( Delfino also seems a bit like that one one stage from the very first trailer of Brawl. Does this mean more XBOX HEUG stages? :)
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

YES. I LOVE shiny new levels to blow people up on. This one looks both shiny and CUTE, too. :twisted:
ChibiDragon86

Post by ChibiDragon86 »

The stage is HUGE! :shock: And here I thought Hyrule castle in Melee was big...... I wonder if that means that the Halberd stage you can actually be on it? Cause if you can whoot! :twisted: I think so far this was the neatest update yet.

~ Chibi
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Woah. Halberd. That would be so awsome. Just imagine if you started out on a platform, like it shows in the movie, then as it passed by it shot you down to Grape Gardens. After battling there a short while, the Halberd flew over for a while, giving you time to jump onto it. Then, as it flew away, you could see Dyna Blade in the background. As it jetted on, sometimes Heavy Lobster would come out and shoot at you. Then, as it sunk back into the hull, the Halberd would crash into the sea, leaving you standing on the single platform you started on. So on and so forth.
Oh, I just realized something.
Silverevilchao wrote:Erm, one mistake in the entry: They say that the explosion that is launched goes VERTICALLY as it travels, when it most certainly travels HORIZONTALLY in the movie. Besides, I can't imagine what Mario's fireballs would to if they were to go up in the sky as opposed to sweep the hell out of the opponents by going horizontally.
Actually, it says it expands vertically as it travels. It moves horizontally, but as it goes forward, it expands upwards and downwards, which is why it's best to be in the middle of the edge of the screen as launching it.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

So it moves in a chain of columns? Sounds like a win factor to me. :D
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Actually, it says it expands vertically as it travels. It moves horizontally, but as it goes forward, it expands upwards and downwards, which is why it's best to be in the middle of the edge of the screen as launching it.
Well, that makes logical sense. That's what happens when I post updates at 5 in the morning. xD

Why does Mario get one of the best Final Smashes, anyways? He's already one of the cheapest characters ever. >.>;;
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Silverevilchao wrote:
Well, that makes logical sense. That's what happens when I post updates at 5 in the morning. xD

Why does Mario get one of the best Final Smashes, anyways? He's already one of the cheapest characters ever. >.>;;

Wait, what? We know of exactly ONE of the Final Smashes, Mario's. For all we know, his is the worst. As for your second remark, of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I never felt that Mario was half as powerful as some other characters (Link, Falcon?). You've mentioned earlier that:
And, of course, since Mario to Nintendo is OMGTEHAWESOMENESS, he is the first to get a Final Smash entry.
Which is a bit of a 'duh' to me. Mario = Nintendo's flagship character, their mascot. Of course they're going to pimp the hell out of him.

I'm sorry, I just don't get the intense bitterness for Mario.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.