Neopets Mall Beta

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

w00t! They picked me as one of the beta testers! I got the following neomail from TheNeopetsTeam!
Congratulations! You have been chosen to test the new Neopets NC Mall. The NC Mall is the place to go for expanding your customisation experience with exclusive premium wearable items, backgrounds, trinkets, and more. The NC Mall will open at 8am PST on Friday June 7, 2007.

Here's how to begin testing:

Step 1: 1,500 NC has been added to your account for free! This is what you will use to purchase items while testing the NC Mall. (This is done automatically and there is nothing you need to do first, but we made it Step 1 anyway!)

Step 2: Visit the NC Mall to start shopping. Browse and preview various items and purchase what you like!

Step 3: Once you've completed checkout, all your new wearables will be placed in your inventory. Click on these items and select "Place in Closet" to make them useable in the customisation application.

Step 4: Visit the customisation application to begin using your new wearables on your Neopet. (Remember to click "Save Changes!" once you're done!)

Step 5: If you're so inclined, send us some feedback using the NC Mall Beta feedback form or fill out our survey. We'd like to hear what you think.

Some things to remember:

* All NC Mall items will be removed from your closet/inventory at the completion of the beta test period. We hope your Neopets don't get too attached to them.

* All NC (Neocash) balances will be cleared from your account upon completion of the beta test period.

And some handy links for your reference:

* NC Mall Main Page:

* Discuss the NC Mall with other beta testers on the message board:

* Send us some feedback:

* Take the NC Mall Survey:

Thanks for helping us test! We hope you find something you like and don't actually find any glitches. *fingers crossed*

Oh, and Lawyerbot says: Those who participate in the NC Mall Beta Test must obey the rules applicable to the beta test as well as the NC Mall Shopping Rules.
It's been running that same announcement on a loop for two weeks.

- The Neopets Team
Took out the links in case TNT didn't want them shared (although I'm sure they'll be all around soon, I just didn't want them to take back my Beta.)

As soon as I get my hands on the actual Neomall, you'll all get insider info, though =D.

SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!

God, I'm worried if they do expect us to pay real money for neocash eventually, that I'll whore myself out for it D=
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

D: LUCKY. I want to test this out too. :3 Screenshot what you make!
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Aww, I didn't get that neomail.

But congratulations, Illuen!
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Oh it sounds like it's a neopet's version of the NX Cash shop from MapleStory.
Image Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Monkeyguy wrote:Oh it sounds like it's a neopet's version of the NX Cash shop from MapleStory.
I think it's safe to say that that's exactly what it's going to be.
Last edited by zebru on 08 Jun 2007 04:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

zebru wrote:
Monkeyguy wrote:Oh it sounds like it's a neopet's version of the NX Cash shop from MapleStory.
I think it's safe to say that's exactly what it's going to be.
Heh that's what I was thinking. And I remember reading somewhere that they were going to add things you could buy with cash to the site.
I wanted to be a Beta tester :(
Well, grats to you Illuen, at least someone here got in :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I got picked too, so I'll share anything that Will forgets :)

I definitely won't ever spend real money on this, so it's nice I get to at least try it once, I guess... I wonder if there will be other ways to get credit for it? That would be neat.
Signature by Tom
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

oogabooga wrote:I got picked too, so I'll share anything that Will forgets :)

I definitely won't ever spend real money on this, so it's nice I get to at least try it once, I guess... I wonder if there will be other ways to get credit for it? That would be neat.
Well, if it is a thing that you'd have to spend money to buy credits, I hope they give you the option to gift credits. It would make a nice present, I would think, for people who can't/won't spend the money on Neocash that want something strongly from it.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

I guess if you can put it in your inventory, you can also sell it, so it will probably work with the cash shop items of Subeta: very expensive, but you can have them without real money. *g*
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I got the neomail! I'll update the world!
reissue

Post by reissue »

I am so so so so so excited!

I wish I could be part of the Beta Testing seeing as how this will probably be draining my paychecks in the near future.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ooh, that sounds fun, the Mall sounds like it's how I wanted the clothing to be, at a fixed amount in stock at a fixed price, but if we have to pay real money for credits then bleh.

They should also make it so 1000NP is 1 or 10 credits, that could be another way to balance the economy, rather than them thinking about their own pockets. This is if it is cash for credits of course.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Akjara wrote:I guess if you can put it in your inventory, you can also sell it, so it will probably work with the cash shop items of Subeta: very expensive, but you can have them without real money. *g*
Actually, I was thinking it would work more like Maplestory's cash shop- you can't trade cash shop items. The items you bought would be non-tradable, like plot items- you can put them in your SDB and take them out and put them in galleries, but you can't sell or trade or auction them.

I would honestly prefer it that way, too. For a start, it wouldn't skew the economy so much. What they could do is allow you to earn cash points by doing sponsor things- playing sponsor games, doing surveys, etc.

What bothers me most (and I admit this is rather petty) is that "NC" is no longer going to be *our* abbreviation.
Neopets wishlists: here
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Ok, I have a lot to see. So far, what you need to know:

It is looking very similar to the cash shop on Maplestory. You buy credits, and then can buy clothing and accessories with these credits. They gave us 1500 credits to start with, which seems very generous, because as of right now, I think all items are in a 100-200 Neocash range. They have an expiration date, and also a number of uses (although it says unlimited for most at the moment). I don't know exactly how that will work at the moment though, once I do, I'll give you more information.

The pet preview thingie is not working for me ATM in Firefox, but I'm about to throw caution to the wind and just buy some clothing, hoping it will work on my pets.

Now the best part: The clothing available currently to buy. The catagories are the ones that TNT uses:

Clothing/Shoes
Sparkling Faerie Dress

Sparkling Crimson Shoes

Winged Altadorian Sandals

Runaway Rocket Boots

Accessories
Twinkling Pink Tiara

Pulsing Brain Tree Hat

Green X-Ray Specs

Wings of Flame

Maraquan Exploration Helmet

Creepy Meepit Hat

Backgrounds
Exploring Maraqua Background

Terror Mountain Winter Background

Meridellian Spring Background

Mystery Island Summer Background

Haunted Woods Autumn Background

Trinkets
Roaming Wind Up Slorg

Floating Fyora Faerie Doll

Floating Jhudora Faerie Doll

They also have the catagories Superpacks and Limited Edition, but no clothing in those catagories yet. I'll update once I've experienced more.

Also, the official FAQ for Neocash:
Visit the NC Mall
The NC Mall is the place to go for expanding your customization experience with the exclusive premium wearable items, backgrounds, trinkets and more. New items are available every week. Come visit the NC Mall often and see what's new!
Shop for Premium Items
Have you ever wanted to dress your Neopet in a sparkling faerie dress and twinkling pink tiara? Or perhaps your Neopet would prefer a cool diving helmet and rocket boots. Create your own perfect look. Best of all, you can preview the items before you buy. So go ahead and try them all!
Get Neocash!
In order to purchase items in the NC Mall, you will need Neocash. You can convert your "real world" money into Neocash through PayPal. Click here to learn more about Neocash.
* NOTE TO BETA TESTERS:
YOU WILL RECEIVE FREE NEOCASH FOR THIS TESTING PHASE. YOU WILL NOT NEED TO PURCHASE NEOCASH USING PAYPAL DURING THE TESTING PHASE.
* NOTE TO BETA TESTERS:

* You can purchase premium Neocash items using free Neocash during this testing period.
* All Neocash items purchase will be removed from your account upon completion of the beta test.
* All Neocash balances will be cleared from your account upon completion of the beta test.
* You will receive a special commemorative trinket for participating in the beta test.
* Access the exclusive NC Mall Message Board here.
* Send feedback here.
* Take the NC Mall Survey here.

Lawyerbot says: Those who participate in the NC Mall Beta Test must obey the rules applicable to the beat test as well as the NC Mall Shopping Rules.
EDIT!!!

CLOTHING IS FUCKING ADORABLE!!!!!

CLOTHING IS NOT GENDER SPECIFIC!

My Male Blumaroo could wear the frilly dress no problem. The only problem I'm seeing with the clothing ATM is that the wings on the Altador Sandals flap far too quickly, but that is an easy fix. I'll take pictures when customisation comes back up.
Last edited by Illuen on 08 Jun 2007 05:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I don't have a whole lot to add at this point. The preview isn't working for me either, and I did go ahead and buy one item (Wings of Flame, which as an item happens to look exactly like Christmas zafara wings, recolored) but it won't go on my pets. I drag it in and nothing happens.

When you buy an item, you get a neomailed receipt.
You purchased the following items from the NC Mall:

Item Qty Cost
Wings of Flame 1 100.00
Here's a screenshot of the main page of the mall.

Items are marked "no trade" - it's possible that will change after beta, but I don't really expect it to. All the items in the mall also have an expiration of 5 days, which seems really short - I hope that part is just beta. Maplestory is usually a month or so, isn't it?

No indication yet of how much Neocash will cost in real money, that I can see. If I click on "Get Neocash" I just get a popup saying "Coming Soon".

Edit: Customization won't load at all right now. Maybe they're fixing it.
Last edited by oogabooga on 08 Jun 2007 05:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature by Tom