Chai and Dragon revamp (+ staff discussion)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Man, I'm glad I painted my Dragon Angelic a bit back, I don't like the redraw at all. I really hope they leave the Angelic version alone. :/
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I like the Chai a little more, so there's an improvement. {edit: the more I look at it and compare to the old Chai, I *really* like the new one. Especially arid ^_^}

However, I really don't like the new Dragon at all. The art is good (I think it could've been positioned better, though), but I really prefer the old Dragon. :(
Last edited by lavender on 10 Jun 2007 05:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Rah

Post by Rah »

I'll get the the GY Chai eventually! I'm a bit slow at drawing the more 'gruesome' pets because, well, I love bunnies and Disney and cute :p It's a challenge for me to draw scary pets!

I need to tweak the eyes on the other reposed Chais, but I think thats about it. I might tweak the Hydrus too one day :p

Glad you guys like it :)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm not a fan of the new dragon, either. It's lost that "spark" in its personality that the old one had.

I do like the new Chai, though. It's much less "teddy bear"-ish, and I think it fits in better with the other pets now.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Could someone post a picture of the Old Dragon? If it is what I think it is, I'm going to be annoyed x.x
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

http://www.neocolours.me.uk/subeta/imag ... ragon1.gif

...well, I don't like it. ]: I didn't like it before, but now it's worse. Basically, getting confused between the Dragarth and the Dragon is going to be even more easy! Hooray!

Also, the Chai is pretty much the same thing, so meh.
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
tallan

Post by tallan »

Old Dragon:

Okay, so my first WHOA WOW LOVE phase has passed, but I still really like the new one. Want one, but not sure what to do with it, so... we'll see.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I just realized that they did away with his whiskers! Nooo!

Blargh, I wanted a Sun Dragon, but now ... definitely not. I've never disliked a pet redraw so much. >_<
painesgrey

Post by painesgrey »

the dragon looks too much like the magnus now.. kinda sad, i was looking forward to its revamp.
ImageImage
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

While the artwork for the new dragon is nice, I much prefer the look of the old dragon. Far too often sites think dragon = european dragon with wings, but Subeta had a nice oriental dragon......til now. :(
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

The chai is nice. I still don't want one, as I dislike bears, but the art is great. :3

The Dragon dissapoints me, though. I almost think they added the wings just to make it fit better with the galactic one. It looks way, way too much like a dragarth/magnus, now. They should have kept the whiskers and lack of wings, 'cause now it's just a duplicate pet as far as I'm concerned. (And it makes my drawing of the Dragon completely irrelevant. ;o; )

I also find it's hands and feet extremely awkward. I think it's the shading.
Last edited by Slugawoo on 08 Jun 2007 09:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Ugh!!! I hate the new dragon. I know that sounds harsh, but I really do hate it. I liked the wingless version. I liked the whiskers. I do not like the anthro pose or the "dragon tales" feel to this new version. I now will have to morph my dragon into something else as I can't stand to look at her in this ungainly and icky body.
As for the Chai, I like the redraw but kinda liked the cute cuddly teddy bear look it had before as well. It is still cute, but not as squishy cute.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Heehee, I haven't cleared my Cache, and I have old images *saves* (:
At first I was like wth?!
*clears cache*
Ah, that's better, Chai seem really plain nice looking and Dragon look more fitting to the Galactic. (: but personally I like old Dragon art. I don't like the wings (new) and I don't like the no whiskers (old) ;-; Bring back old Dragons.
tallan

Post by tallan »

klaatu99 wrote:Far too often sites think dragon = european dragon with wings, but Subeta had a nice oriental dragon......til now. :(
I'm no expert, but I think the Paralix fits the oriental dragon profile pretty well.
Not saying that you can't complain about anything/everything/whatever you want, just pointing that out. ;)
Fever

Post by Fever »

The new dragon art is very nice, but I really loved the pose of the old dragon. And the way it looked really... bulky. I dunno how to explain it really, but it was the first pet I ever created on the site. He has since been changed, but eventually I had wanted to bring him back to a dragon, just hadnt decided which color. Now though.. I think Ill have to decide on something else. don't get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with the new dragon, but like others have said, it looks more similar to other dragon-style pets on the site now.