New Gifting Feature

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Illuen

New Gifting Feature

Post by Illuen »

Site Update! - Now when you send anyone items, they have the option to accept or reject the item. If they do not respond in 48 hours, the item is returned to the sender.
I actually quite like this. This will make it next to impossible for people to get others frozen by sending duped items and such.

This is the queue you have to go through now to accept items. If someone rejects you, you get a neomail from TNT similar to the following:
Dear Chris,

Your Bottle Of Orange Sand was not accepted by cloud96688. It has been returned to your inventory.

Yours Sincerely,
The Neopets Team
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Well, that's quite a nice addition to the site, although this should be optional, if it isn't already. For example, someone you know send you a PB for nothing and they want nothing in return, you want to get them something to say thank you, now they can reject it.

Then again they could always do this by blocking items, I just brought this up, because two of my friends have done this sort of thing before. One wants to pay the other back, so they have blocking and unbloacking wars. Don't ask why, I don't know why myself.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Is there some way to turn this shit off? I very much don't like this.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I don't like the 48 hour time frame it gives you. There are times when I don't get on for a week or so. That means if somebody sends me something it will get returned to them and I will be totally in the dark about it as I wasn't signed on for a few days. Also, I send stuff to my side account all the time, but only log into it every couple of weeks to make sure my pets there are ok and check out my gallery to see how far away i am from completing it(very very far away). So now I will have stuff returned to my main and clogging up my inventory there just because I didn't have time to take care of it on my side account? That seems really really stupid to me.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm not sure if I like this or not. It really takes away from being able to give people things as a present... Some stubborn people I know will reject it all the time :P

Also, the 48 hour time frame isn't long enough, IMHO. I was gone for a week and wouldn't have been able to accept any of these. Oh well. Lame.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Does it tell you if you don't see it for 48 hours?

I really want to turn this crap off and it doesn't look like I'll be able to.

Mreh
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I don't know if I like this or not. I'm sure I'll be on enough to accept any gifts given to me... but I know there are people out there, who I want to give gifts to, who wont.

I like being able to reject shit gifts like piles of dung, and duped items. But how would you know if an item is duped to begin with? And I never actually get crap items. So that doesn't help me in any way.

I want to be able to turn it off. :|
Madge

Post by Madge »

There should be an option like "always accept items from neofriends" at the very least...

It's a good idea, but it sucks if you're on holiday or something. You should be able to accept it after 2 days, but instead of giving you the item it neomails the person who sent it saying "Madge is interested in accepting your item! Maybe you'd like to send it again?"
Kari

Post by Kari »

I agree on the "always accept items from neofriends" option needed. Not like I can get to my events right now with the ads blocking my top bar...
derp
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I'm really glad something like this has been added. I've sent things to dead accounts so many times by mistyping my friends account name, heh. Yay!

Though I agree something should be added with the neofriends, it'd get quite annoying having to accept everything they try to send you.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Same here, Jamie.
I type too fast.

But, I'm going to keep the feature in. That way, I will never have to bother with people sending me gallery duplicates. I always feel bad when I recieve these.
reissue

Post by reissue »

I also sort of wish that it were optional but I understand why it isn't.

I think it is so sad that so many users on this site dedicate themselves to scamming/taking advantage others or poking holes in the site itself that these sorts of things ought to be in place.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Sorry to sound out of the loop - but what's a duped item?

I'm not sure if I like this feature or not. If the 48 hours goes by, do you recieve an email saying that they rejected it, or just that they haven't been on in 48 hours? There could be a lot of hurt people who's gifts got rejected when really the reciever had just not been online.
Madge

Post by Madge »

A duped item is an item that's duplicated using a glitch of some sort, or by hacking or something. (You know, having a script that tells neopets that your rotten left shoe is a sword of skardsden, or something).

Once a bunch of people duplicated a ton of common items and sent them out to people, because people who receive duped items are often frozen for it even if they didn't do it on purpose.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

If you recieve back your item, surely you can check the person's lookup, to see if he/she has been online?