Disco and Snot quiggles

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
oogabooga

Disco and Snot quiggles

Post by oogabooga »

ImageImage

My thoughts are on the front page already, but I'll just say quickly that they're both decent but neither is outstanding.
Signature by Tom
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Just saw them on our front page, I don't know what to say. I paused for a few seconds before clicking to go to the forums.

Disco is standard, I would have thought with customisation on the up they could have added something like a 'fro or some kind of shades or medallion, but as far as the bog standard Disco pet goes it's alright.

Snot is different, I actually like this Snot pet, I don't know what about it I like, but I just do. Not something I'd target zap for, but I don't mind the idea of a snot frog.

EDIT: Actually the arms on the Disco one are a bit..apparent to me, they stick out to me. It doesn't follow the rest of the scheme.
Last edited by adi_gallia on 12 Jun 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Disco could be a lot more creative, but maybe they're having an off-day.

Snot... normally, I run a mile. But this actually looks decent, and I can't work out why.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I like the disco arms, personally.

Really it's nic art on both of them - hopefully they can keep it up on any other new pets that come out.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Not bad at all as far as disco + snot + quiggle goes. Three things I usually hate and they come together ...decently.

The stripes on the arms are both a nice touch and rather distracting. Like Adi said, they don't fit in with the rest of the pet very well, and that just makes it.. odd.
pohatufan1

Post by pohatufan1 »

Possibly the reason Snot Quiggle looks less abhorrent than most Snot pets to several people here -- including me -- is that the lime green color is something we're willing to accept seeing frogs and toads in. For the same reason, as I look over the Snot pets, I see that the Buzz and the Grundo look pretty okay, while, for instance, the Ixi and the Uni look really jarring. Plus, the dripping snot is somewhat more subtle on the Quiggle than on some other Snot pets (like the Poogle... yecch). Look at his chest, for instance -- it's almost totally smooth.

Although I can't help but wonder why he has what looks like a tiny mutant third hand on his knee...
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

pohatufan1 wrote:Possibly the reason Snot Quiggle looks less abhorrent than most Snot pets to several people here -- including me -- is that the lime green color is something we're willing to accept seeing frogs and toads in.
You know, that's a very good point. Even if our minds are doing it subconsciously, it makes sense we'd be more 'accepting' of the color because it.. kinda looks like a frog covered in pond slime rather than snot. Interesting.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Haha, they cut the tip of the finger off the snot one. I think it's actually alright. I hate quiggles as a whole, but it's really not that bad.

Disco is disco. Looks like it has rainbow socks on it's arms.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

I like the snot quiggle...I'd keep it as a lab result. It looks a lot better than my pets now, soo...

Yes to the snot-no to the disco.
ImageImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I am NOT a big fan of the snot color in general, but I love the shading on this pet. The missing fingertip is really stupid, though; I assume that's just for the image in the news and not the actual pet.

The disco quiggle is pretty bland. Some accessories would have been nice, but TNT didn't take advantage of that potential.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I love the snot one! It really look snotty, which is onviously a good thing... in this case

Disco is, nothing special
Bif

Post by Bif »

Looks like it has rainbow socks on it's arms.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's rainbow, but not with the standard rainbow colours...if that makes sense. I like the shading on the Quiggle, but I agree that the arms and the rest of the body don't go. Then again - perhaps that was the point? It is disco, I'm assuming they based it off the 80s/60s - since when did people back then match? :P

I LOVE the snot one - yes, it does look more like it is covered in snot than actually made of snot, but then aren't pink pets simply covered by pink and not made of it? We assume that snot pets are made of snot - perhaps they were always just meant to be covered in it.

I think I like it because of the shading, the texture on the abdomen near the legs, the pile of snot off to the left - everything! It's just so cute and slimy and compact. I would definitely keep this if the lab zapped it for me - but seeing as the list of pets I want on my main account is now well past 4 ( :oops: )- it would have to go on a side.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

We assume that snot pets are made of snot - perhaps they were always just meant to be covered in it.
You assume that... what?

*restrains self from being sick*

I had quite honestly never considered that possibility.
Last edited by Rainbow Daydreamer on 13 Jun 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Isn't the idea of a sentient being made out of snot a little more vomit inducing than just being covered in it? At least you'd be able to wash it off.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Why wouldn't it be made of snot? Jelly pets are made of jelly, ice pets are made of ice, snow pets are made of snow. Sponge pets are sponges.
Signature by Tom