Sheeta Potential Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I am thoroughly dismayed by the way the poll is going. I expected the new art to win (it almost always does), but not by this much of a landslide. Now I fear they'll simply release it without fixing the problems that I see. And I'll have to figure out what the hell to turn my sheeta into.
Image Image
Kelpie

Post by Kelpie »

We try not to use profile views on Subeta. Are you telling me you can't look over your shoulder?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

...I'm having the same issues with this revamp that I was having with the Demi revamp: it's not a bad looking creature by any means, but it's not the pet I adopted. The original one had this curious, innocent look about it; this one kind of reminds me of a fancy, yippie dog. :?

Although I have a Graveyard Sheeta on my account, which might have something to do with the different personality I'm picking up here. I really hope they decide to not revamp that color (or Lord forbid, Reborn, which is one of my favorite RB pets right now).
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Kelpie wrote:We try not to use profile views on Subeta. Are you telling me you can't look over your shoulder?
It's not so much that the pose is "impossible" or anything; it just looks awkward. There are plenty of possible poses that just don't translate well visually.
Image Image
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I agree with others that it is overall too sharp. I can't think of another pet on the site that has this degree of sharpness to the lines -- really, like covet said, as if the photoshop sharpen tool has been dragged over the entire thing. If this were toned down I would love it. I have always liked sheetas (I have a dm one) and think that this is a lovely update.

I do agree, however, that the extreme angle of the head is a little unnatural. Even just turning it slightly more towards our right -- not so that it was in profile, kelpie, but just a little bit less to the left -- would correct this problem, I think. Other than these two points, I like it very much.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I like the new art, except for the shoulder (like others have said, it just looks off) and the face, which looks too old. I think it's the shading. I'm not a sheeta owner and don't intend to be, so it doesn't really affect me, but... yeah. The face and shoulder annoy me.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I just posted a huge thing about this on the actual poll, so I won't repeat myself too much, but I hate the face. I love the body and the positioning but I HATE the face. it looks way too chubby. I love the 'smooth' sheeta faces, like on darkmatter and spectrum and the current sheetas. I don't like all this extra fur, the chunkyness. It's the same thing I really disliked about the galactic one. I was secretly hoping Arbor'd redo the sheeta since I liked her Spectrum one so much, but that's rather selfish of me ;D

I just hope Teera changes the face. A lot. I don't like the way its making a pursed-lips fish face. If sheetas get released as this, without the face getting fixed (...am I the only one that thinks it just looks totally off?) I don't know what I'll do witH Shavri. Except cry.

I also wish they'd keep the colors sheetas currently HAVE, rather than changing them to look like all other pets ,but I know that'll never happen...
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

The body and all, I have no problems with. The shoulders could be higher, but it's pretty much fine as-is.

Though, as Jessi said, I think the face just has something to it that is just off :/ The eyes aren't the same size/shape as the original, and I think they carry a lot of the feeling of the Sheeta in them. Change them (which they look very different to me in this redraw) and you change the whole feel of the pet. They also seem to be drifting upward, which looks a little odd to me.

And then, the mouth. The lines of it do make it seem like it has an odd expression on its face, and I would much prefer it if the Sheeta had more of a little smile on its face as the old one did. :/ I think it's all in the shape of the mouth and eyes, really.

The curving of the horns is lovely, and so is the existence of actual anatomy in the legs and things ;-; But... the face.
<3
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Tom wrote:Currently, the only species that I think looks good in Graveyard at the moment is the Tutani, so...
I agree, it seems that Graveyard is a forgotten colour. Well, I lie, I think some species look alright in Graveyard, such as Ruffie, Mallarchy, Bovyne, Kanis and Keeto, maybe more.

But some graveyard pets are hideous. (Hikei, Swampie, Otter, Torrey)
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Officer 1BDI wrote:Although I have a Graveyard Sheeta on my account, which might have something to do with the different personality I'm picking up here. I really hope they decide to not revamp that color (or Lord forbid, Reborn, which is one of my favorite RB pets right now).
I own both of those Sheetas, and I'm absolutely terrified they're going to be tweaked. I think they're perfect and I'll be devastated if they change them, especially Graveyard.

I don't care for the new Sheeta at all. The art is much better, sure, but the feel of the original pet is gone. I agree that it's much too sharp, and the eyes bug the hell out of me. I don't really know why, which isn't helpful at all, sorry, but... mrr. It's something about the shape.

I loved how soft their fur looked before, probably because of the coloured lines. It's too bad those need to go for consistency reasons, not having them really takes away from the pet.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh, dear. One of my favorite things about the new one is its face - I just adore how soft and sweet the new one looks. And the fluffiness of the head makes me wish to go ruffle its topknot. <3

Now that I've looked at it a bit more, and have gotten past the 'omgadorablesquee' stage, I too think the left shoulder needs tweaked a bit - it doesn't appear to have much in the way of angulation. And I would like to see the larger markings make a return - they are very much what makes a Sheeta a Sheeta.

If angelic Paralixes end up being revamped (although I hope they won't) and I don't like it I can easily see myself turning Chaffee back into a Sheeta again. It's what I created her as (well, turned her into one, moments after her creation) but I found I just couldn't leave her as one because there wasn't an existing Sheeta with a soft enough expression for her (and none of the redraws worked in that respect either; none were happy and soft enough) - but this new one's expression will definitely fit the bill for me.

*goes to copy this over to the sb forums so Teera can see it* ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessicat

Post by Jessicat »

hmmm, I'm not really liking this new redraw, it seems a bit too effeminate, (the old one seemed more "gender-neutral", to me at least), and it looks more dog-like, (I actually envision them as more goat-like though, but I was never really sure if they had paws or hooves ^^; ) And I think some others mentioned this too, but the sheeta spots are too small, not as noticeable as they were before.
Poseidon

Post by Poseidon »

Er. Just er. I like the small curl in the horns, but it IS missing that sweet, Sheeta-ish look to it. The joints are really unrealistic looking, and everything kind of smooshes in. Well, has anyone thought of this? Since most Sheeta colors (Dark Matter, Reborn, Angelic) are not in the same position as the Common Sheeta, like the Torrent, they may change or keep a few of the colors, Reborn especially.
The sea is my blood, my blood is the sea.....I am friends with it, it is friends with me. The sea is deadly when angered, as am I. But what others don't know....
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

The more I look at it, the more I like it. The only thing I don't really like about it is the positioning of the head, but other than that it's ok :)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I voted for the new for a number of reasons, and I'm a person who generally clings to old art *cough*likeothersites*cough*

Now, this revamp is very well done, and I like everything about it but maybe the 'stiffness' of animation in the legs. But everything else is damned beautiful. When I saw this thread I was like OMG not my spectrum sheeta! But redraw poses are almost never done if the species isn't totally transformed, which is a smart descion. My reborn demi wasn't changed at all, and I was in love with the old one, so since I'm not worried about colorfills and just redraws, I 100% approve of this new sheeta. You guys kick ass about doing polls. This shows a genuine act of caring on the user's part.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy