Sheeta Potential Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

FourEyes wrote:You know, to me, it just looks like that, ever since the Dragon revamp, some people have been taking every oportunity possible to criticize the staff or the artists... Not pointing any fingers here, but that's just the impression I get. =/
I suppose that's because the trust between the users and the staff has dwindled ever since the Dragon revamp: 1.) It was such a drastic revamp that some thought totally destroyed the originality of the pet. 2.) It wasn't polled. 3.) The first real revamped image, used to critque the revamp, was a Galactic pet, and nobody knew about it. 4.) The artist repeatedly spurned criticisms.

Let's put it this way: You buy games that Sonic Team makes. Especially Sonic games. Now let's say that the past few years, Sonic Team has been putting out GREAT games, like the Sonic Adventure titles. You have a huge loyalty to them.
Now, all of a sudden, they make Sonic Heroes, which you immediately grab and play...and it sucks.
Now you'd be more wary about trusting whatever Sonic Team says now (they said that Sonic Heroes would be as good as the Adventure games despite the new gameplay mechanics) or whatever new games they put out, especially since you paid $50 for a game that you thought sucked. Oh, but what about user feedback? Nope, you're screwed, Sonic Team was too busy listening to the ramblings of emo Shadow fanboys and decided to put out the abomination that was Shadow the Hedgehog.
Now you're having a hard time even looking forward to ANY Sonic game now. It's been proven TWICE that they go and totally screw up their new games, while claiming how "good" they are.
Kelpie

Post by Kelpie »

Actually, I'd look at Sonic Team and not lose faith quite yet because of their history of past awesome games, and would likewise hope people would do the same for Subeta Staff. But that's just me. It's a half full/half empty sort of thing.
Last edited by Kelpie on 23 Jun 2007 01:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

In that situation, I'd feel the same as Kelpie. :p (Though in actuality, I admit to having little faith in Sonic Team now because I haven't liked any of the Sonic games I've played since Sonic Adventure. XD Same goes for Megaman at around mid Megaman X series.)
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

As a Sonic fan myself, I still have faith, especially with this new RPG coming out...

Uh... we went a bit off-topic. o.o
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

FourEyes wrote:As a Sonic fan myself, I still have faith, especially with this new RPG coming out...

Uh... we went a bit off-topic. o.o
The Sonic RPG on the DS is being made by Bioware, so...

[/off topic] xD
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

Why do you continue being off topic when you know you're off topic? If you want to talk about sonic, make a thread in offsite games, or PM me to split this into one.
oh em gee

Post by oh em gee »

i must say, i adore the final version of the sheeta. i really did not like the hard-edged, sharp outlines of the first one that was polled, and very glad teera took critique and applied. i like the way it looks now. =D the face is much softer and sweeter.

i have to say nix to most of the colors, though. >_< the bold colors like sun, field, gold... they really do clash horribly with the sheeta, a pet i've always associated with softness and lightness (for lack of a better description). the cream and arid i do like very much. =)
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

FourEyes wrote:You know, to me, it just looks like that, ever since the Dragon revamp, some people have been taking every oportunity possible to criticize the staff or the artists... Not pointing any fingers here, but that's just the impression I get. =/
I completely agree. Personally, I think the Subeta team handled this revamp a lot better than the Dragon revamp. They made a poll about it and even tweaked it before the final version. Although, they may have done that since the Sheeta is more popular that the Dragon was...
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Jessicat

Post by Jessicat »

the revamp of the sheeta's been made official now...and it looks the same as the poll redraw (as in, I don't think anything was changed) >_> the sun sheeta is too orange now -_- Are they going to use the same colours for all pets of the basic colours now? (cream, field, dusk, etc), because I kinda liked the lighter variations the sheeta had before.
Example:
old sun sheeta:
new sun sheeta:
(even though the old sun sheeta kinda looks like the common one, I like it better ^^; )
checkers

Post by checkers »

Seriously, I've seen someone with a Sun Sheeta and I thought it was common, the revamps made it actually have colour and indivisuality. xD

Glad revamps become official. -Chant- NOW onto feli!
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

When they poll redraws, they replace the old URL with the new image, which makes all old Sheeta images ... the new ones. So that's why the poll "looks the same" for either choice.

No, they completely butchered all the old color variations.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

checkers wrote:Seriously, I've seen someone with a Sun Sheeta and I thought it was common, the revamps made it actually have colour and indivisuality. xD
If you thought sun was common before, you need to get your monitor checked out. Or your eyes. Or your brain. I don't know. It's very obviously not common. And I really don't think it <i>gave</i> the sheeta any individuality to make all the colors "fit in" with the colors of the other species. Yay for homogeneity.
Image Image
checkers

Post by checkers »

AngharadTy wrote:
checkers wrote:Seriously, I've seen someone with a Sun Sheeta and I thought it was common, the revamps made it actually have colour and indivisuality. xD
If you thought sun was common before, you need to get your monitor checked out. Or your eyes. Or your brain. I don't know. It's very obviously not common. And I really don't think it <i>gave</i> the sheeta any individuality to make all the colors "fit in" with the colors of the other species. Yay for homogeneity.
I don't think that rude post was needed. What gives you the right to go an insult people like that? because you're a mod? I don't think so. The only difference between the Old Common and Sun Sheeta were the ear colour pretty much, my eyes and brain are fine but maybe yours aren't as you feel the need to be rude to every post you reply to mine with. I made a decent comment, and you turn it into something I regret saying. Why do you feel this need to be rude?
ImageImage
It is rather alike, and fine if it isn't like the Common it is a lot like the Cream.
And don't even think of replying back trying to make me seem stupid or in the wrong, you're the one making members (me) feel stupid. Not very good for a mod really. You need to chill.
[/end of rant]
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Checkers, in my opinion, -you- need to chill. Lordy, calm down. Stop taking offense to every little thing said. You're allowed to state your opinion, Ty is allowed to state hers, even if it refutes yours. Ohnoes.

[/mediation]
<3
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Checkers, consider this your last warning: one more post like the one you just made and all of your posts will be split into Oubliette until such a time as you show you can restrain yourself and behave like a reasonable person.

Do not keep this behavior up. Am I making myself clear? Good.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.