Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

o.O they have yesterdays results up, but not Tuesdays, uh oh. Tuesday was my best day on record. 15 games of YYB, 3 of SS and 73 of MSN, I hope our scores wont be deleted or something, for a rematch. o.o

Anyway, that isn't the reason for my posting, well patially. I wasn't sure whether to post this on the moron thread. KI got "swept" by Shenkuu yesterday, so this KI team member made a board saying something about deserving a rematch because it was unfair due to all the lag so KI lost to Shenkuu. So people came on saying, every team got affected, not just Ki and that all teams were affected by the lag by the same amount and KI simply lost to Shenkuu. So the person who made the topic was like 'But the people on Shenkuu are probably all Asians, so they probably got on before the lag happened". I thought that was an incredibly shocking post, it may be true, but it's just stereotyping so badly. But I thought that lag cleared up around evening, my time, so isn't that like afternoon in the USA, meaning that the US members weren't affected too badly (which is where they claim most of the KI players are from)
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Er. Jessi and I are on the Shenkuu team, and we're not Asians. >>; Honestly, I can't believe someone said that o_O;;

... Though, I guess it was the Neoboards. Blargh.

ALL THE KI PLAYERS MUST BE PIRATES. LET'S GO ARREST THEM FOR ROBBERY ON THE HIGH SEAS :(
<3
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I um... am completely flabbergasted by that. All the Shenkuu players are ASIANS? O_o That's... so funny. Yes. I'm willing to bet the majority of Shenkuu players are Americans that are obsessed with Asian things :P

Maybe the Shenkuu players are just that dedicated to rising in the ranks for the Altador Cup >> They've been climbing steadily. Blaming it on lag and Asians... how freaking lame.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Shenkuu kick butt since FMD and Jessi are on their team.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Shenkuu have been improving greatly lately, it wasn't just yesterday that they kicked butt, they owned Roo Island and they did well against Mystery Island, we took it quite well. But as soon as KI lose to them it's "unfair due to a glitch and most of the Shenkuu team are Asian so the glitch didn't affect them". Ok, the glitch did happen on the day KI lost to them, but as people on that board said, every team got affected equally, it's not like it was targetting KI players specifally. Who says Shenkuu has more Asians than the KI team?
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

FMD and Jessi are there since...a while, not just yesterday ;)

I have the urge to go post a OMG ROO ISLAND CHEATED AGAISNT ALTADOR!!! DIRTY DIRTY PLAYERS topic on a side account, honestly.
Lark

Post by Lark »

I took the quiz and signed up with Meridell like it said. I pretty much suck at Yooyu ball but am pretty good at the supporter games.

My rank is still beginner. I guess the supporter games don't count for much or maybe you have to play a lot to make them count?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

They finally got results for Tuesday the 26th up. RI beat LD in yooyuball, and DC and KI tied in yooyuball, which is exactly the result I wanted. I believe this puts RI back in first, albeit with a very small lead.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Cranberry wrote:They finally got results for Tuesday the 26th up. RI beat LD in yooyuball, and DC and KI tied in yooyuball, which is exactly the result I wanted. I believe this puts RI back in first, albeit with a very small lead.
Shenkuu's due for some serious losses, honestly.

I'm getting closer to 1800 wins, but now, I need rest. I think than if I counted correctly, I'll turn rank 18 tomorrow.

EDIT: 1749 wins, rank 18. 251 wins to go for All-Star rank.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Yooyuball
Rank
Level 4
Goals Scored 998
Number of Wins 182
Number of Draws 2
Number of Losses 0
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 15
Make Some Noise
Games Played 356
Hmmm...I just got my personal scores updated just now. I have had like almost 20 YYB added and I don't think I've played that many recently. I remember playing almost 20 against LD, but they were added. I certainly haven't played 15 games of SS, maybe 11 or 12, but I doubt 15 very much. MSN..well I think that a few hours ago I had about 60 or 70 games less.

I'm just a bit worried because I have all these scores added that I'm pretty sure aren't mine. :?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I had 15 added, and many people on the neoboards have had scores added, as well. I think they may be going back and adding all the ones from not just the past couple days, but before as well -- I know I've had a few that didn't go through properly.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Hmm..well I haven't noticed any of my scores going missing over the tournament, but I suppose being moved up to rank 4 was good, it was my goal.

ETA: I just thought, TNT have said in the Editorial that their Altador Cup scripts for the 26th broke. Well, on that day they didn't break for me and I still had my personal scores updated. I think that today they might have added my scores from the 26th again (well whichever day we were against LD). It's a glitch, but it's their fault, I don't think I'm going to complain that I have extra points added. If they find out themselves they are welcome to take them away. :wink:
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Cranberry wrote:I had 15 added, and many people on the neoboards have had scores added, as well. I think they may be going back and adding all the ones from not just the past couple days, but before as well -- I know I've had a few that didn't go through properly.

134 added here =)

I lost over a hunderd in the first days!
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

oh, is that what happened? I went up a rank, but I figured that was because the scores updated late today and I hadn't noticed...except I had two games of SS added, changing it from an even one hundred...which was just annoying.

Hey, when does this end, anyway? I have to decide what color shield I should aim for. Yes, this is the kind of shallow thing that motivates me.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I gained about 30 wins I hadn't even known I'd lost, which is pleasing. I gained exactly enough MSN to make it an even 100 too which is good, though I can't remember if I've played today. Will not be happy if it changes to 101 or something..

By my reckoning we have 5 more days after today? I think that means I'll finish on Rank 5; I'm getting pretty close, but theres no hope in hell of me getting another 100 wins or so before the end..