Altador Cup 2007

Post anything new on Neopets here.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

As many lazy Kiko Lake or Faerieland players join us, there will probably be a hard working MI or LD player to make up for them. I personally think more of the freeloader people will join Darigan Citadel. Just imagine you are a freeloader, who are you going to pick, the team who made it to the finals last year and thefore aren't very underdog like? or the team that is debuting in the finals?

OK, the stereotypes are that RI are more friendly and DC can be quite arrogant, but the typical freeloader wouldn't care, they just want the team with the best history.

And DDH, RI are making excuses for losing/drawing? Ok, maybe they have done. But personally, and I posted about it here, I have seen a KI player moan that they lost to Shenkuu because all the Shenkuu players were awake before the site glitched, so they had longer to play.

Cranberry has also said:
So, Shenkuu and Darigan tied in Yooyuball and Slushie Slinger and Shenkuu won in Make Some Noise... so this apparently means that players from RI, HW and... KI, I think, all joined Darigan on side accounts to make them lose. So say the Neoboards!
It seems, that in our personal experiences DC and KI have been just as bad, but of course we both play for RI so we probably wouldn't bitch about absurd accustations made by us, though I haven't seen any.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The freeloaders want an easy ride to victory. They don't care about the history of a team, they want easy money.

And I for one totally disagree. My team attracted enough freeloaders last year. If you don't want to play, go away and go lick your elbow with your tongue kthxbai.

Am I a Yooyuball Elitist? Hell yeah!

In hockey, when the season is over and we move onto the playoffs, the 14 remaining teams do not chose where they'd like to go for the rest of the year. Imagine Simon Gagné going "Okay, Buffalo for the playoffs, kthxbai" when the Flyers were out of the playoffs this year.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Well, it happened last year, so why the fuss that it's happening again? I know TNT said we wont be changing teams, but I always thought that meant like we can't change until the final four.

I persuaded a MIer who had 1000+ wins to join the RI team, it's not all freeloaders and I don't know why most of us are thinking that only our team will gain them DC will gain as many, possibly more freeloaders than us, what we should be doing is trying to encourage the people that put effort into playing the game to join us. Not having a strop so that no one wants to join.

At the end of the day we aren't going to change TNTs minds, they did what they thought would please the majority (the 12 losing teams) and as usual not everyone is happy. They can't help it.
Crystal Firefly

Post by Crystal Firefly »

Because my exams last month, I haven't really had the chance to play Yooyuball as much as I wanted too. I feel really silly here sitting on 20 wins. To make up for this I'm going to cram a whole bunch of wins into the last 3 days.

I'd also prefer that everyone stays on their own team. It's only 3 extra days. It doesn't really give an incentive for people to join the "weaker" teams next year when they wont even get a trophy and your expected to join a "winning" team. Every team deserves their own trophy at the end regardless of their position in the standings.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I too am super pissed about letting the people who played for losing teams pick sides and play in the finals. Makes me sorry I bothered at all. Darigan lost last year because everyone ganged up on them and joined whichever team they thought had the best chance of beating them and I'm sure it'll be no different this year. >.<

TNT originally said there would be no switching, but hey, what's one more instance where they don't keep their word?

*STABS*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Lark

Post by Lark »

I'm a little annoyed with the switching teams thing. I knew my team wasn't making it to the final four and I was content with that. We had some fun and did decently so that was good by me. Will I still get prizes if I opt not to switch teams at this point?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

And now even if Roo Island does win it all, half of Neopia won't consider it a legitimate win because "everyone hates Darigan and joined Roo so they could make Darigan lose." I wanted what we had all along -- fair match-ups, with one team of loyal, from-the-beginning players against another.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

A lot of players are actually planning to join Darigan. =(

Is it currently unknown if KI is part of the final four! I'm shocked, seriously.

And for 1 all-star in a losing team, how many level 3 and under are there? Seriously?

And finally, when I was about to mention how pissed I am than people could join others teams, I was expected to be called names, as usual. However, seems like a lot of people are actually going the same way as I do!

Neopets did a mistake.

Either

1- No players leave. You decided to join virtupets, you lost, you stay out.
2-Randomly attribute players to teams.
Teragram

Post by Teragram »

I think it's fine. I mean, as for the hockey analogy-this IS a game, and neopets does want to make it fair for all of us.

And maybe it's not fair team-wise, but what about individually? I mean, Iggy, you said you would be resting on your laurels, and that's all well and good, but you have the highest rank possible, but I DO want to play more, I wasn't able to get the rank I wanted, in part because of a glitch and illness and not being able to devote the time. So, by pure luck and chance, someone else should be able to get three days more playing, and that much better a prize? I mean, the glory of the team is all well and good, but the prizes are concrete money.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Wheras I'm just torn between being annoyed that it's almost over before I got off my butt to play more, and relieved that it's almost over so I don't have to feel any more guilt about not playing.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

:| Wow, I missed an entire week...BUT WELL WORTH IT..

Despite the fact that my points will suffer.

Now, to play my fingers off! Woohoo!
Image Image
ImageImage
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I knew Faerieland was never going to make it very far, but really, I didn't care. It's kind of the reason I joined in the first place. Haha, however, throughout the month, I haven't been playing at all. Really, I barely play Neopets any more in the first place, I don't care for the prizes. I will be joining RI though. I home I receive much smiting as I probably do nothing.
Subeta: Thomas
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

RI against Darigan. Hoahboy. :?

I'm disappointed that there was no official announcement in the news. I'd like to know who the other two teams are in the top four (i.e., did KI really make it in or not?).

EDIT: I'm stupid. The match schedule clearly shows the other two teams. :P Congrats to KI and Shenkuu!
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 06 Jul 2007 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
varii

Post by varii »

I may just be missing something obvious, but for some reason I haven't been able to pick a new team. I've tried several times throughout the day, but nothing. I am taking it as a sign that my yooyu ball days are over with. Oh well. :)
Lark

Post by Lark »

varii wrote:I may just be missing something obvious, but for some reason I haven't been able to pick a new team. I've tried several times throughout the day, but nothing. I am taking it as a sign that my yooyu ball days are over with. Oh well. :)
Your team did not make it to the finals. To support one of the 4 finalists, click here. It's letting you join now. I'm leaning towards Shenkuu.