Super Smash Brothers Brawl Website!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

If it makes you feel better, I had to go back and replay the n64 version to remember those things. My god, I could count the polygons! I can't even remember who I played as back on that game, since my Melee standbys are Mewtwo and Marth.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Same with me. I went, "Woah, that was an item in the original?" and played it and saw it. Also, I didn't realize how crappy-looking the Pokémon coming out of balls were in the game back then. Sprites?! Amazing!
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
dunx5000

Post by dunx5000 »

I remembered the bumper straight away xD; But I spent a <i>lot</i> of time playing Smash Bros. But wow, it's back!
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

This isn't on the website, but the game has an official release date now (for the US anyway).

December 3, 2007. Three days before my birthday. Awesome. :)

(Also: Mario Galaxy on November 12. I can't be the only one really, REALLY looking forward to that one...)

EDIT: lol, I forgot to comment on what we were actually talking about. So, basically they're combining the most annoying aspects of the N64-style bumper with those of the Melee-style bumper (bouncing you all over the place instead of just juggling you like the ones in Melee, and being able to float in midair and all). Sounds... fun. XD

And I don't think I've commented on it yet, but the whole idea of Assist Trophies = LOVE. I can't wait to see what other characters you'll be able to get from those <3
Last edited by Saturn on 11 Jul 2007 06:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

How could you forget the bumper? That was all I ever seemed to get because I hated it because it sucked.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

The dates are just estimated release dates, so I'm hoping it does get a release before christmas =/

EDIT: ssbb and mario kart wii have been delayed until 2008 in europe. BOOOOOOOOOO.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Today's Updates:

Yeah, that's right. Updates. Our first is none other than Donkey Kong, who looks far furrier than before. Yawn.

Far more interesting is that now the December 3rd, 2007 release date for the U.S. has been confirmed, and there's a 15-second video. I want a longer video, dammit! xD

Official Release Date and 15-Second Video and Donkey Kong Updates
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Heh, DK's all floofy and stuff.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

DK's fur isn't matted enough.
Pikachu's Bolteccer attack doesn't look as bad as I thought.
I like Wario's taunt.
The darkness of Link and Zelda doesn't fit with the aloofness of Kirby and DK.
Now that my random comments are over, I WANT TO SEE META-KNIGHT'S ATTACKS!!!
Okay, so that was one last comment...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The darkness of Link and Zelda doesn't fit with the aloofness of Kirby and DK.
Yeah, and Samus's complicated Power Suit doesn't fit with ANY of the characters. :P
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

Nintendo has an additional conference today in a few hours apparently. It was at this event last year where the original Brawl trailer was shown... Let's hope for something big and new today! (Or at least stuff that isn't Wii Fit)
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Early to rise, early to bed, yada, yada, yada.
Today's update is a stage: An Animal Crossing village called Smashville. Wait, it has its own icon? Does this mean... Oh God, they're introducing K.K. Slider as a character?! No, but he does play in the backgrounds on saturday night, just like in-game! Brewster the Pigeon also makes an appearance. The stage is set depending on what time of day it is, just like the actual game. How interesting.
EDIT: I've also realized: apparently, as has been said before, characters focus on points of interest. Not just foreground things, such as attacks from other characters and items, but also background things, like presentations from everyone's favorite guitar-playing bipedal quadruped! Well, save Meowth, of course.
EDIT: Looking at Thursday's video update, I noticed that when the Bridge of Eldin is broken, you can see characters being blasted away. Samus falls hard and lands, while Kirby bounces. Do you think it was just how the people playing were taught to roll, or do you think they changed the "consistency" of characters, making Samus clank around, Pikachu fall hard but light, and making Kirby bounce like a little Pupupuland denizen?

EDIT: Seeing as I'm the only one posting anymore, yesterday and today's updates:
16th: Star Fox theme. I know nothing of the games, since I hate shooter games, but the song is lovely, very nicely orchestrated.
17th: All us Pokémon fans who were hoping for Deoxys (I'm still holding out for Lucario) are going to be disappointed. Deoxys is not a playable character. However, it can launch out of a Pokéball, using HYPAR BEEM to PWN N00BS! Only the attack form seems to be present, however.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characte ... s.html#3rd

This one looks fun. Samus's final smash is one huge ass laser that looks like it could take out everything on a map. The interesting part is that this results in all her armor falling off. Which is how we end up with Zero Suit Samus, apparently.

And you can throw the armor pieces at people. Which is just icing on the cake =D
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Is it just me, or do the fullscreen images look less rendered? They're a bit more jaggy than I remember.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Woah. The new update today is awsome. A mention of Meta-Knight, the "universe" of Smash Brothers, Kirby and Mario shaking hands, and a mention of something awful happening if you don't fight...