Super Smash Brothers Brawl Website!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

You can also see Skarmory in the Flying stage pic :)

Ten bucks says Luigi gets the Poltergust 3000 as his Down + B move now.
koops

Post by koops »

wow three updates first is my music where you can chanse the music by collecting cd's and the other two are more music with pokemon and the smash bros music
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I was left in a squee-gasm. All the music in this game will. Be. EPIC. I love the new Pokémon music unveiled, with the original gym music and the evolution. The "Y'know... Look! Samus is evolving! ...Yeah, that one" was hilarious and sounded like something I'd say. I love the theme and have had it downloaded since they first let its heavenly chords gently caress my eardrums. Plus, the collecting music thing sounds fun. Then the info about how all those songs will be in it? Oh, the joys. I've been left with nothing but happiness in my life.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The part at the end is THAT song. Y’know...

"Look! Samus is evolving!"

...Yeah, that one.
LOL!

What I find even more amusing is that...it actually SAID (or something close to it) this in my game while I was evolving my female Clamperl into Huntail (get it? Samus the Huntail? xD;; [y'know, what the Space Pirates call Samus? The Hunter?]).

Oh, yeah, and the Poke'mon song made me cry. Because I grew up hearing this song, and what they did with it was FREAKING AWESOME.

(and you KNOW I'm going to use all of the Metroid songs on the Metroid stages. Why have one when you can have ALL of them!?
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Silverevilchao wrote:Poke'mon
Oooooooh that is so irritating for freaks you wouldn't believe. é. É!

ctrl + alt + E! é! Pokémon!

It's an accent, not an apostrophe: é!

ctrl + alt + E, alt + 0233

ééééééé

In other léss angry néws, I'm going to buy a Wii just for this gamé. It looks awésomé.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

What's even better is we've told Chou countless times how to use the é and how absolutely irritating it is so spell it with an apostrophe, and yet she still does it.

What exactly is your problem here, Chou?

Mmm... and to stay on topic, no fair, they added the music after I went to bed! The Main Theme is still awesomely awesome, and I loved what they did with the Gym song. They even made the evolution song sound great, and I've never been really fond of it.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Ok, seriously, you think I'm defying you or something on purpose? o.O;; I have no problem here, I just wanted to post on something I had thoughts on. Which is what you do on a forum, no? xD;;

And for the last gazillionth time, it doesn't work on this keyboard or the computer. Here's what happens when I press the buttons for the accented "e".

...yeah, that's right. Nothing. :P
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Why don't just write Pokemon, without any punctuation or accents?
I wonder if you can use your own mp3s, you can on Excitetruck I thiiiiiink.
Last edited by Kidnemo on 08 Sep 2007 01:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Can you copy someone else's é and then paste it? Or like Kidnemo said, just spell it pokemon like the rest of the world who don't want to bother with the é.

The fact is, spelling it poke'mon sucks because apostrophes actually mean that there's a letter omitted from a word. You can't just throw them around all willy nilly. I know I at least read poke'mon as an entirely different word than pokemon.

You've been driving people nuts with it awhile, and you haven't stopped despite multiple requests. Now I'm going to ask you as a moderator to stop it. Pokemon is just fine.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

But isn't Pokémon meant to be Pocket Monsters, the Japanese version, according to Wikipedia for that is Poketto Monsutā, but if you were abbreviating I suppose you'd say Poke'mon' as something is missing from the end of the word, or is that generally not added? aaaaanyway, I don't like when people type poke'mon either, but I just thought that it was sort of short for something.

I never knew about ctrl + alt + E or alt + 0233, my French teacher taught me to use alt + 130 about five years ago so I suppose it's the one I am used to now. Not that it matters, the end result is the same.

I don't have a Wii, but this game is tempting me. However I think the likelihood of being able to play a Wii in my tiny room is 0.00001%
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Well that's getting into Japanese abbreviations, which is a whole different can of worms 'cause you're dealing with Japanese characters and grammar rules. And quite frankly I wouldn't touch those kinds of arguments with a ten foot pole.

So while in Japan, pokemon is actually short for Pocket Monster, no such distinction is made in English. Pokemon are pokemon. And Chao is trying to use an apostrophe in place of an acute accent when the two aren't interchangeable in any way, shape or form. And it's annoying and she hasn't stopped even after we've asked her before.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Omg. That Pokémon song (look, an accent! It helps to have a canadian keyboard :P) simply rules. The end is awesome.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Cheese wrote:
Silverevilchao wrote:Poke'mon
Oooooooh that is so irritating for freaks you wouldn't believe. é. É!

ctrl + alt + E! é! Pokémon!

It's an accent, not an apostrophe: é!
I prefer to call it after it's affectionately offensive name, Pokeymans.

Let me show you them.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Pokeymans is also acceptable. As are rumors that you have an affinity for first stage water starters from the third gen games.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

We should stop now.