Sketch & Speckled Grarrls

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Sketch & Speckled Grarrls

Post by varii »

ImageImage

I am surprised that they can still release sketch with a straight face.
rei @ neopets
Nectaris

Re: Sketch & Speckled Grarrls

Post by Nectaris »

I like the speckled alright. The sketch is just sketch, I've never liked the color before and it isn't any better now. Has anyone noticed that TNT is releasing a lot of speckled pets lately? This is at least the fourth since customization came out.
Image Image Image Image Image
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I like what they're doing with Speckled lately, with the small, heavily patterned spots.

And I think the dark outline is what really crappifies Sketch.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

How is it sketch if there is a firm outline?!?! I'd love the speckled one if it weren't for the wide eye and the evil toothy smile of doom, which has forever ruined grarrls for me. They look as though they've downed about 100 cups of coffee...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I really like the way they did the spots on the speckled one, particularly the way it becomes almost solid white at the tip of the tail. It looks very natural, instead of diseased like the skeith.

Nothing to say about sketch except what's been said.
checkers

Post by checkers »

I really like the speckled grarrls pattern on the back, but I hate Grarrls after the revamp, they look like something that has just had a face lift, which I do find amusing on royalgirl grarrl but on the others, not so funny more creepy.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Same as everyone else really, actually quite like the speckled pattern, like someone else said it looks much more natural than diseased, which is always a plus :D

Sketch is.. bleh. I always used to love sketch but it just doesnt work anymore does it?
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

The speckled looks like an actual speckled egg with the variation in the spots, so taht's a good thing.

If only the grarrls had narrowed eyes, so the bared teeth would look menacing instead of plain crazy.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

yvonne_l_d wrote:The speckled looks like an actual speckled egg with the variation in the spots, so taht's a good thing.

If only the grarrls had narrowed eyes, so the bared teeth would look menacing instead of plain crazy.
Yeah, and it wouldn't take much Image Image to alter them to a more bearable state.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
well_taylorr

Post by well_taylorr »

I feel: :x
Sketch- Why? I mean seriously, NO ONE has a sketch pet.
Except those dedicated to roleplaying, who happened to think of a nice little critter for sketch.
Other than that... It's basically a waste of time. Instead of making more crappy colors, why don't they work on the improvement of old colors?
As for the Speckled...
It's speckled. Nice. The shading is decent, and the color combination is nice. It's not like... blinding like the bori (although I do love the blinding affect the speckled bori posses ;) ) But hey. It's nothing amazing.
EofS

Post by EofS »

well_taylorr wrote:Sketch- Why? I mean seriously, NO ONE has a sketch pet.
Several members here have or have had sketch pets. Pre-revamp my sketch pet was one of my favourite pets, aesthetically. I've no doubt it's not the most common colour out there, but it's around.