Expect a Faerie Eyrie

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
adi_gallia

Expect a Faerie Eyrie

Post by adi_gallia »

Well it's not Eyrie Day yet, so I haven't added this to the front page in case it gets pulled, but it's a new colour nonetheless.

Hmm...I suppose any Faerie Eyrie will look plain compared to the original version which couldn't be released, especially with the limitations nowadays. I really like the shade of Green used on this and I like the Purple on the face.

I think the wings and ruff kind of kill it for me, they kind of look tacky, the really light green on the ruff is the part I dislike the most. The wings could have been feathered, like the Lenny and Pteri, as it's actually part bird, these wings just look wrong on this pet. Aside from these problems it's a pretty pet though, I just wish there was some sort of "What it would have looked like before the site revamp" as I expect it would have been great, like the old unreleased Faerie Eyrie.

Also, JellyNeo is speculating that the new Paint Brush could be out today as there is only one colour found so far. Don't read too much into it though, TNT might not have uploaded the other colour or they are just doing one colour, which has happened before.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Re: Expect a Faerie Eyrie

Post by Tom »

That's really rather hideous. The colours seem to clash in a disturbing manner that offends my eyes, alongside those rather malevolent butterfly wings on such a large bird. The old Faerie Eyrie, which definitely had its flaws, looks quite amazing compared to this scary ordeal.

Haha, I'm not a fan. Those wings seriously kill the pet for me. I thought Neopets had learnt since then.
Subeta: Thomas
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Ohh. Jellyneo also had Robot as a color. Look.

I rather wish the eyes were more...lifelike? Yea, its a robot. But, slanted eyes, similiar to the the normal eyrie eyes. I like the colors, very nice.
Image Image
ImageImage
varii

Post by varii »

Robot is fine, but that faerie eyrie is the most hideous thing they could have managed. The colors look like they let a small child play with the hue on photoshop and the wings, my god those wings are awful.
rei @ neopets
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

First, I LOATHED, incapitals, the old Faerie Eyrie. It looked dumb. As it "lobotomised". Not as Ugly. Wait...it was quite ugly as well.

As Faeries are supposed to be omnipotent being, I expect faerie pets to have a smart look. The old Faerie Eyrie had a Valley-girl look to it. DID NOT LIKE.

I don't like the wings on the new one. And, the mane would have been better being green, or even some kind of peacock blue.

Robot is all kinds of awesome and shiny.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

My first reaction to the faerie eyrie was as follows:

Jessi says (7:25 PM):

....That's the most hideous faerie pet I've ever seen. Dear god, how UGLY. And I didn't like the 'old' faerie eyrie, so that isn't even an issue. The colors couldn't possibly be more ugly (well, I'm sure they could, but I don't want to think about it). ...Overall, just so much hate.

The robot, however, kicks twelve different kinds of asses, and I would love to mess with the casing on one a bit. Hmm.. *ponders*
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

adi_gallia wrote:Also, JellyNeo is speculating that the new Paint Brush could be out today as there is only one colour found so far.
...Wait, what new paint brush?

Robot kind of reminds me of the old school Power Ranger zoids, though I'm not necessarily sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I want to like Faerie, but the green they chose for the body seems really dark compared to the pastel purples and greens on the face, and the wings... why the hell does it have flimsy insect wings? Still, if I were to get an Eyrie, this is probably the color I'd choose for it.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I didn't like the old Faerie Eyrie but... I don't like this, either. I actually sort of like the colors but the wings kill it for me. It would have been so much better with Faerie wings.

This could have been a really cool pet, too. :-(

I'm pretty much meh about robots, so, meh.

(Anyone know the name of that jacket? That's sort of cool.)
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Ergh. I'm sorely disappointed in the Faerie Eyrie, having been such a fan of the concept of the old one. The base green color and purple beak are nice, but that's where my compliments end. The wings in particular are awful. I really wish someone would learn to draw some decent butterfly or moth wings instead of these Colorful Amoebas of Doom that get attached to Faerie pets. This isn't the worst case, but most Faerie wings are flat and kind of formless.

Image Image Image Image

The Faerie Eyrie's look slightly less pasted on, but I really think they could be a lot better. Mostly by being bird wings.

The robot looks like it's kind of transformers-inspired. It's neat. I like it.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The robot is pretty damn swank. I would have drooled over it in days gone by even. And oh look, it's a faerie booger.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I liked the old faerie eyrie a lot. It had some issues, but at least its color scheme, while different, was pretty.

The new faerie eyrie? Hideous. Those colors do not go together, those wings look absolutely ridiculous on such a large animal, and their attempt at fancying up the head tufts is laughable at best. I am going to pretend faerie eyries don't exist.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Officer 1BDI wrote:...Wait, what new paint brush?
In an recentish Editorial TNT said there will be a new Paint Brush this October.
Hey, TNT team! *high fives* I've noticed that every world in Neopia seems to have its own paint brush (Halloween pb for the Haunted Woods, royal for Meridell, etc.). Shenkuu is a beautiful world, and I was wondering if there were secret plans to release a Shenkuu-ish pb in the future? *please :)* ~mamadough
*high fives* Altador doesn't have one, either! Won't someone think of Altador?!

Truth is, paint brushes are a bit different now with customisation. We have several new paint brushes we're dying to release, but we have to think carefully before we do so. One of our rules for wearable items is that you should never be able to make your Neopet look like you bought a paint brush when you didn't. (Basically, if you've never purchased a pirate paint brush, you shouldn't be able to dress your Neopet up as a pirate using regular wearables.) So, when thinking up wearables, we have to be sure we don't overlap, and that we don't prevent ourselves from releasing cool paint brushes in the future. But it does work the other way, too. We don't want to restrict the cool wearables we make by saving them solely for an expensive paint brush.

Erm... that was basically a long way of saying, "It's on our list, but we have to think about some things first." We will say, though, that if we work everything out, our first new paint brush is scheduled for October. Ohhh, SPOILER! It's not Shenkuu, so what could it be?!
It's generally assumed that the Paint Brush will be Neovian or in fact Altadorian, but nothing else has been said other than that. It might not even be out this month, they worded it well, with this "if we work everything out" and "is scheduled for" meaning that the Paint Brush could be out in October this year or October next year. xD
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

The body colour is what really ruins the Faerie for me. I just think it's a really ugly shade of green and it looks like the artist couldn't decide whether to go for an overall dark pet (main body colour) or a light one (wings, ruff, tail tip). So they went for both which didn't pan out. :-/ I like the colours on the wings and think the green there would have made a nicer base colour. That and I agree with what everybody else said about the wings themselves. Nice colour what they are but really should have been feathered.

Though looking on the bright side, now I don't have to spend forever and a day saving for a Faerie Paint Brush for my Eyrie.

I don't particularly care for Robot as a colour but the Eyrie is nice. Lots of detail, and I like how the wings and tail have been done.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

...OK, am I really the only person who read the news and went "wow, that is PRETTY"?

The shimmer of colours on this pet is really quite individual, and reminds me of fairytale dragons as well as Realworld dragonflies. It makes such a change from the pink-and-purple normalness I would have expected that it took me entirely by surprise. The wings are slightly odd-looking, but that's probably because they've had to replace the set of wings that ordinary Eyries already possess, a problem TNT didn't have with the Lenny or Pteri. The small fragment of wing sticking out at its side looks a bit awkward, but why am I quibbling? This pet is lovely. Eyrie pride + faerie elegance = general fabulosity.

This computer isn't that good, but there appears to be a small turquoise flash on the Eyrie's side. Anyone any idea what it is?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:...OK, am I really the only person who read the news and went "wow, that is PRETTY"?
Well, I did say 'Pretty! Oh wait' outloud then thought of the original faerie eyrie, I used to want the old faerie eyrie released so badly, now that this one is released I am disappointed I liked that the other faerie eyrie had feathery wings instead of these..typical faerie wings, I personally think that these wings wouldn't be able to lift an Eyrie, whereas if they had bones and feathers etc; they might.
ImageImage
That said I love the colours, green and purple, not a common faerie in my opinion and when it has been used only on more woodland creatures such as Yurble c: Put it this way if I were to zap for one I'd take/change the wings and be happy I love the face and neck fur, and the shades of green/blue are awesome around the eye.

Old one was better, but eh it would have been uglified with neopets revamp.
Edit: I forgot the robot is dicussed here xD sorry..
Robot, I love all robot pets this is a great one too! ^^ Anyone have an image without the metal plates? :3 Also, its strange that this robot eyrie is facing opposite dierection isn't it?

ETA: Also, the Royal boy and Grey Eyrie models in the news have angry and sad faces on, ^^ maybe expressions coming back?
"When I said "at ease," that's not what I meant!" <--- Quote models, if you don't know what I'm talking 'bout.

(note to mods; I tried editing this post and it just submitted a new post, if it does it again could you please delete the old post?)