Halloween and Checkered Boris

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Cyaneus

Halloween and Checkered Boris

Post by Cyaneus »

Image Image

I love the Halloween Bori. I didn't originally like Boris when they were first released, but they've grown on me. I'd like to see the base color underneath the accessories. Checkered is a little too grey for my liking, I wish they'd upped the contrast a little.
Nectaris

Re: Halloween and Checkered Boris

Post by Nectaris »

Personally I think boris suffered through the revamp though as their claws more resemble hooves as well as other small problems, though I like the Halloween bori, especially the mask. I wonder if the back plates will be removable as well or if they are permanent. Maybe I am just being contrary, but I actually like the greyness of the checkered bori better than the more traditional black and white.
Image Image Image Image Image
Armi

Post by Armi »

...Crud, I kinda want that Halloween Bori since I got bored of Royal Lupe. I really love the blend of black, red and white and that skull is really wicked.
Least it's not a boring halloween color.

*goes digging for NP*

EDIT: Oooh...it reminds me of my custom pet on Subeta.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
well_taylorr

Post by well_taylorr »

Oh oh oh ohhh..
I minute I saw the Halloween bori I was like.
TNT I've 1/2 way forgiven you for the little, fearie eyrie disappointment.
I love it!
And I agree that the bori suffered with the revamp... But they still don't look BAD bad. Just... eghh.
Bif

Post by Bif »

OMG!! I was praying for at least one good Bori colour today - and here it is! That Halloween Bori is AMAZING. I love the charcoal colour, matched with the bone white and dark blood red. The mask is simply awesome and I adore how they utilised the Bori's back plates.

I do wonder if any of it is removable though, I'd like to see what lies beneath. Though I don't think that the back plates would be, seeing as they are part of the Bori. I may need a Halloween Paint Brush.

I like checkered as well, it’s checkered without looking like a chess board (not that I have anything against chess – I’m just not very good at it). But I wouldn’t rush out and get one.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The Halloween Bori is great. I don't like the revamped Bori in general, but that's mostly because of the goofy smile, and that's hidden on this one. The bone is very neat, and I like the colors. If I had space for one of these guys, I'd get one.
Madge

Post by Madge »

My gosh, if only the Bori still looked the way it used to... It used to be my favourite pet, but the way it sits up and looks so flat, as well as the claws becoming hooves, has made it lose all the credentials it had in my book.

Checkered is checkered. Need I say more?

Halloween is a lovely concept especially with customisation presumably allowing the skull and armour to be mixed and matched. Halloween has a history of being pretty damn awesome, though.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I LOVE the Halloween one, I'm going to have to buy one, they're so perfect and i love the skull, I actually prefer the new Bori, but not enough to get one up until now, cool

Checkered is checkered, too grey for me
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Very cool, that Halloween Bori.

The only decent thing that's come out of the customization/pet revamps thing is that the Halloween color has been improved immensely. Before, we were getting the standard same 6 or 7 variations (witch, devil, etc.) for this color, but now TNT seem to be actually taking the time to be creative. I only wish they'd do it with the other colors.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Bori's have always been in my top 5 Neopet species, and Halloween really just boost them! I adore this Halloween Bori, I might plan on labbing/painting a Bori in the near future, but I'll decide after Christmas because of Halloween (PB Inflation) and at Christmas I hope to get a Draik. C:

I really like the shell/thing on the back of this Bori it looks fantastic I like the colours of it too, I think it would have been better if it had glowing red eyes (no white) to make it more evil, and then if you take off the skull head it has the eyes it has now underneath with a normal face, but you can't have everything right! ^^ I like it a lot all the more.

Checkered, I like checks and this one disappoints me, the colours are too dark, lighten it up and I might like it ^^
MileenaHuggles

Post by MileenaHuggles »

It does look an awful lot like Spinal did, Armi. I'm glad they didn't go the obvious, easy, and distasteful route of making the Halloween bori merely a costumed pet. However, I do think it could have used a few more accessories. Perhaps some tail rings with little dangly skulls or bracelets, but mostly I think it could it use red glowing eyes. It's still much too cheerful.
Armi

Post by Armi »

There we go.

...yeah, I painted him. Three items for this guy, but the claws make very little diff.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I really like this Halloween Bori - especially as the mask hides the inane grin that has blighted the poor bugger since the Customisation revamp.

The Checkered is merely average - a little on the dark side overall, maybe, but that does at least mean it's nicely understated and doesn't leap out of the page with a harsh black-on-white effect.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm a strange one, and I like boris more now than I did pre-customization.

That said: Halloween is -awesome-. Really, really, freaking awesome. Awesome enough where I THINK i need to get one. I have no idea what to do with it, but I'll think of something. Cause... jesus, that's awesome.

Checkered is checkered, but nice enough for a checkered pet.

But Halloween = awesome.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I'm a strange one, and I like boris more now than I did pre-customization.
Same here Jessi!

They looked flat before, kind of like they have been run over.