RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Xelio

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Xelio »

I am soooo thrilled. Today is my birthday and I got a great gift, an A on my midterm in my scary scary literary criticism class. Okay, so its not exactly a gift exactly, but I'm thrilled all the same.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
checkers

Post by checkers »

There you go! The Dumbledores Army badge I recieved some time ago from a HP Competiton, I'm proud of it :3
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

A cybercafé with headphones.
The first sound-enabled access I've had in more than a month.
Sit down. Plug in. And...
It appears from your IP address that you are currently in France. If you are a listener, rest assured that your preferences have been saved and will be available when licensing has been established in your country.
They. Killed. My. Pandora.

Life is suddenly that little bit less meaningful.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

As it probably could have been implied before I left for work, I have a computer until Meghan comes back! I missed the internets thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much.

Things yay and/or woe that have happened to me since last I was here - organized just for you!

YAY: I haven't been fired yet!
Possible summer vacation: Amsterdam
If my schedule stays about the same (and I ask any manager but bald Bill) I'll have enough money to get my lip re-pierced!
Up until last week, the tree across the street constantly looked aflame.
I live like right down the street from my favorite manager, Lord Petrus K. Steele

WOE: My roommate passively-aggressively told me I can't use his computer anymore by deleting the guest account. Thanks Rob!
I fucked up my foot on the T on Monday and it's been getting progressively worse.
I'm poor as all shit.
Did I mention that my roommate is one of the most terrible people I've ever met?
Meghan's going to take her computer back :(
I just lost the game, so I'm making you all lose with me.

That'll do.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Major yay:

On Saturday, I got a surprise call from my friend who is in the Peace Corps in Jordan! I hadn't talked to him in 5 months (although we email), and the number that showed up on my cell when he called was a local one, so I about had a heart attack (and nearly drove off the road) when I heard his voice. I sent him a package and it had just gotten there so he called me to thank me and then we got to chat for half an hour. It was really really great, even if it did make me miss him more than I already do, which sucks since he won't be home for another 2 years.

Major woe:

Stupid bastard classless cheater Patriots beat my Colts. I hope Tom Brady breaks his arm in six different places.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Achievement {of sorts}: My Paired Reading partner has finally got his Discloure through and we're both waiting to hear back from the school we'll be working in about our start date for this project. This also means I can finally let the Job Centre know that they can keep their money since I'll be getting paid more by Project Scotland for my efforts for the next 6 months :p {they can also stick their whole 'you can look for work while still volunteering' thing where the sun don't shine since this is a full-time project}. I'm so excited *goes off to poke Nano characters into getting something written that the kids can actually Beta-read next month*
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Woe: Ants have decided to move into my room in search of water or food and think that eating me alive during the night is a fun idea. :(
Image Image Image
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Yay: I've sent off my UK University applications

Woe: I still need to do my Canadian ones and their forms are confusing!
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Eurgh, Cavalcade of Bands in Hershey Stadium is tonight. I'm so nervous I can barely type correctly! Y'know how you normally only remember one dream a night? I remember three.

1. Our band got fifteenth place out of eight. We were so bad Coach committed Seppuku.

2. I lived in a mansion filled with Digimon. I started with a Tsumemon who quickly turned into a Keramon. Sora from Kingdom Hearts was there with a Biyomon and a Digivice attatched to his Keyblade's chain rather than a Mickey head. We battled because he thought I, having a heartless-like Digimon and a house filled with Virus-types, was evil.

3. We lived in an alternate universe. The Internet was mostly pink. Our band was not only really bad, but it had just gotten merged into some fake place, "Featherville" or somesuch, and half the band members in our band were in that band. They had uniforms exactly like ours, but instead of having black and white colours, they had indigo and yellow. The one trumpet section leader, Ross, was brothers with Kane. Everyone was bad. Rather than having our Coach, we had some lazy guy who didn't care about anything. Somehow the school was also a hospital with a bunch of food shops inside. Not only was I an immense motivational speaker, I was the only person who could play the show, so it just ended up being me and our amazing, wonderful drumline. We one first place and I got laid by a band member. Jeez, that was a weird dream...

Yeah, thanks for listening to my slightly scary ramblings. I'm nervous about tonight.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I dreamt I went to a classy restaurant with a duck.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Yay: UBC application was been sent off! Yay! :D

Woe: York and Toronto applications left and the standard form cant find my school. o.O
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

:P : Last night I went to see Across The Universe and it was amazing.
Image Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

:( I think I killed our awesome computer. Last night I was browsing 4 of my regular internet haunts, namely this forum in the active window at the time, and Internet Explorer locked up. Nothing unusual there..well, aside from nothing responding as it should. Nothing worked, so I forced a restart - big mistake. *sigh* The computer didn't like that. It starts up just fine except it asks what mode to start it under. No matter what I pick for that, it goes along and starts to load Windows and then for a fraction of a second it flashes a blue screen with text (too fast to see anything) instead of the user selection screen...and then it restarts, infinite loop. If anyone has any ideas how to fix it, if that's possible, then please let me know.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

If you haven't tried it yet (and I'm guessing you're using XP), when the boot menu pops up choose 'Last Known Good Configuration'... that should in theory roll any files that got recently changed back to how they were the last time Windows booted successfully. In theory ;)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Thanks, yeah it is XP, but that didn't work. I'm going to see if one of the gaming store people around here has any ideas, and maybe ask my big brother too.

It was SUCH an awesome computer, NO idea why it just suddenly did that. Stupid Windows.... *whimpers pitifully*