New AAA Challenge

Post anything new on Neopets here.
adi_gallia

Re: New AAA Challenge

Post by adi_gallia »

Phew, we didn't have to play ALL of the games. I just can't get a score on the Darblat game. I can manage Splat-A-Sloth, which is essentially the same, but the Darblat game is just too...quick. Thankfully I didn't need to play it.

I'm just annoyed that I got 34/35 and the 1 challenge I couldn't do is compiled of mini-challenges. I did EVERYTHING except get 250 at Attack of the Revenge. :(

Most of the prizes were pretty crappy too. I get the feeling that this was a last minute "What can they do while it's Thanksgiving week(end)?" type thing. I mean last time the prizes were unique to the challenges (I think). This time it was a mix (I think). Oh well, I guess it gave me the incentive to play games for these few days. I made almost 40K and got the Suteks Tomb avatar, which I wouldn't have tried for otherwise.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

the only tip I can give for Suteks tomb is to start looking for combo's at the lower columns because that way you have a better change of setting of bombs and also at "accidently" making combo's at the higher columns because of shifting rows.

I managed to get exactly 1000 points on the second try with that, when before my high score was 800something. Also I start clicking the blocks I want to change even when the board is still processing the points of the last combo, that way I loose no time when I am actually able to start shifting symbols again.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I finished the challenge earlier, despite not actively playing Neopets any more, and was rather disappointed. The only game I found remotely difficult was Snowbeast Snackrifice, haha, I couldn't even get it when I went into berserk... but then I focused, and it wasn't too hard.

I was very happy that Attack of the Revenge was a chosen game. It's possibly one of my favourites. If you have a few lives left, just let the cannons catch on fire and perish, you can then walk through them. After that, just slashing the crew members that appear shouldn't be too hard. Though pretty much required to get past the 1000 - 1500 stage, I'm sure it could be a useful tactic early on.
Subeta: Thomas
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Tom wrote: I was very happy that Attack of the Revenge was a chosen game. It's possibly one of my favourites. If you have a few lives left, just let the cannons catch on fire and perish, you can then walk through them. After that, just slashing the crew members that appear shouldn't be too hard. Though pretty much required to get past the 1000 - 1500 stage, I'm sure it could be a useful tactic early on.
I... I never thought of that before o__o My highest score on Attack of the Revenge is like, 1100, because I always crap out at the end with way too much going on xD I've never thought about just letting the cannons burn! I'll have to try it again, thanks Tom :3

I'm not too worried about completing more challenges; I got enough to get the 4th trophy, which is good, but that damn loch ness monster is still giving me issues. Oh well, I think I'll just play the games i actually like tonight and call it a day :3
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Ooh, just before I went to bed I thought I'd try Attack of the Revenge again. I finally realised that if you don't fill up the cannons you die. Fast. So I ended up getting 320 points, so now I've done all 35 challenges. [/bitterness] ...well the prizes a still quite crappy, but the tasks weren't too hard so I shouldn't complain.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I fail to see why it should have been elitely hard to begin with. It was a thanksgiving filler, nothing more.

I suppose we'll get the Daily Dare again next spring/summer :)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I agree. This was hard enough for me: I wasn't looking to spend hours on end playing Flash games during the Thanksgiving holiday.

I finally got 1000 in that damned Sutek's tomb game! The hint I got to pause and then type all but the last letter of the "get more time" code, then type the last letter after un-pausing was helpful, as was dumb luck. Then I slogged through until I had 75 scores. Phew.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

For me, this set of challenges was pitched exactly right. There were some pretty difficult ones for me to do, the snowbeast snackrifice especially, and some which were easy. I don't object to the items being ones that are already on the site- some of them are pretty or not ones I would have otherwise come across. I completed all 35 challenges and I don't feel like I wasted my time in comparison with the end result.

I guess the only thing I could ask for would be a cumulative prize for the number of challenges completed, apart from the trophy.
Neopets wishlists: here
Tom

Post by Tom »

There's no real practise for flash games other than for trophies, which takes a lot of time, and most can never dream of getting one. The level of skill required for this 'challenge' was very low, for example, 400 in Whack-a-Kass, 1000 in Ice Cream Machine, 50 in Feed Florg. Those are goals that anyone could attain. Though I don't mind that someone with lower skill in games in able to get the same reward as me, I think it should have been able to those more able at games more highly.

There is really no motivation to play past the 1000 NP limit in any games, Trophies are extremely elusive and hard to obtain and avatars aren't being released any more. I wouldn't have any reason to go past the low 300s in Attack of the Revenge except for fun, and for many games are more of a chore than fun. I certainly found Snowbeast Snackrifice frustrating, not amusing. If the challenge was more difficult, there would actually be motivation to put effort into the games. As it stood, the effort required was minimal, as was the utility gained from receive a trophy nearly everyone else can.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Yeah, I also think it should have been a little tougher. What's so great about a top trophy everyone can obtain? I would have liked a final challenge, something like: "Send a score in all qualifying games, win a world challenge, and make it onto a high score table." The last two are tough, but not impossible. There are 24 world challenges with multiple winners -- at least two, usually more -- per included game, per day. As for high scores, there are 88 qualifying games, each with 100 high score table slots (and once those fill up, you can still bump people if your score's better). TNT could have cleared the tables before starting the challenge, and cleared them again halfway through the challenge if they wanted to make it easier. There's just so much more game-related stuff they could have done!
Danish

Post by Danish »

I thought it was fun. I didn't participate in the last daily dare challenge. I wish they gave out the avatar this time round though. :(
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Cranberry wrote:Yeah, I also think it should have been a little tougher. What's so great about a top trophy everyone can obtain? I would have liked a final challenge, something like: "Send a score in all qualifying games, win a world challenge, and make it onto a high score table."
AAA is not a 1337 gamer. He's a spoilt brat who thinks he is.

I would be satisfied with the criteria you submitted, if TNT would actually put my World Challenge game at times.
Tom

Post by Tom »

His scores in the previous challenge weren't exactly bad. I had to spend a few days practising for a few of them, and most certainly took effort. I really wish we would have got a trophy for that challenge instead of this one. The final prizes, compared to the effort I spent obtaining the scores required, were pretty rubbish. I preferred the difficulty of that challenge, definitely, as it provided a task for game players of all, well, two, heh, skill levels.