Maple Story - New Huge and Massive General Discussion Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Maple Story - New Huge and Massive General Discussion Thread

Post by Joey »

Turkeys always make my goal of getting all my characters to at least 20 for my xmas picture a pain in the ass. On my F/P I just staked out one turkey on the map east of Henesys and got enough stuff to get a bunch of coupons. I have been playing bit more often though, if only because of certain people bothering me into APQ xD
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

*nudge*

I found a neat website that accomplishes the simple task that I haven't found on any other site, an accurate database of hairstyles, different faces, and where to find them! http://www.maplefantasia.com/ I'm a happy Joey.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I am finally happy again. My friend bought me a Nexon cash card.
Guess who's back?
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

I have a (possibly dumb) question: How are you guys getting screencaps of your MapleStory games? :( Everytime I try to cap in-game it tells me that capping is disabled.

I really miss screen capping. XD;
The Art | The Site

MapleStory:
Broa: Axiqa, Lanatia | Windia: Pyeam
Mardia: Freajya, Xeail | Kradia: Qalara, Niartia, Sekhari

[[ So many characters, so little time to Maple ]]
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I think there's something under options that allows you to turn it on/off, but when it is on you just press the Scroll Lock button.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Or if you end up not liking the quality of the default screenshots (I think they're grainy) you can always just hit print screen and paste it in paint. Which takes awhile but I like the results. There's also a fancy program that lets you take a bunch and save later when you're done without having to stop your game, that I totally forget the link to.
Ishtar

Post by Ishtar »

:/ I finally got around to playing maple again and I still can't screenshot. It says "You cannot take screenshots at this moment. Please try again later." o_o;

xD Guess I'm stuck with PrtScrn + Paint. XD
The Art | The Site

MapleStory:
Broa: Axiqa, Lanatia | Windia: Pyeam
Mardia: Freajya, Xeail | Kradia: Qalara, Niartia, Sekhari

[[ So many characters, so little time to Maple ]]
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Okay so as you probably all know PPQ came out. Its fun! I like killing things in mass and that's all it is. No puzzles, no mazes, not freaking number boxes. Just killing :D
Well, earlier Ash and I were trying to summon the 2nd and 3rd bosses for the PPQ. You have to destroy 2 boxes and no more and then the boss is supposed to drop a key. Only he didn't. Our party did the PQ about 4 or 5 times and never once did he drop a key.
However, he did spawn on a map completely randomly. Weird thing is, he didn't show up in my screenie. See where the star is shooting? I swear to you the boss was RIGHT THERE!

Click

So yeah, weird things all around 0_o Never got our key either.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I played for a few hours today. For a change. Pirate PQ is... interesting. If slightly dull. It's basically just erupting, erupting and erupting for me and I didn't actually understand what I was supposed to do in most stages, so just kept killing. It seemed to work. And I miss my pet and NX clothes. I went to Gobies for a while and saw someone who used to be on my buddy list, and we partied for a while. That was pretty cool. But yeah, I enjoyed it.
Subeta: Thomas
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I made a christmas tree saying "meat tree" with random sausages dotted around the tree, but the screenie didn't save for some reason.
*emotear*

[edit]I managed to get a snap of it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/s ... attree.png
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

YOU GUYS GOT ME ADDICTED TO MAPLESTORY DAMMIT. O_O

I got my mom addicted to it, too. I don't have any screenshots yet, though. I'm Silvercha on Broa. When I'm with my mom, I'm Flycha, and she's Xerafina, both of us on Broa.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

My computer is being an ass again and won't run MS, but today I found the Maple Story Anime and though I've only downloaded one episode so far, I think I might download/watch them all. It's different from the game itself, but the elements are similar enough that it satisfies my Maple deficit. Get the episodes here.
Image Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

The Holiday Screenie
Ok not totally finished but I'm so sick of the thing. I wanted to add a bunch of letters but I couldn't 'cause they couldn't be dropped where I wanted them. But sans-letters, it's pretty much done.

I used a lot of banned story and photoshop for this one, since it's really hard to smush everyone on without making the background funky. I also used it to stick Jeriku on there since she would otherwise be noseless and not on the tree. Only other thing I played with was NX where it should be but expired (Pyries expired the day I took the screenie x_x) and equips for my two low leveled guys that I would buy but I have no money cause they're on the two newest servers.

And I rant. Tah-dah!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Mmkay, I think this thread could use a little reviving.

I haven't played MS much for a long while, like most of you probably know, but I started getting back into it for 4th job stuff. Leafre is freaking awesome. /Finally/ there is a place for I/L mages to train where the monsters are actually weak to ice! You have no idea how awesome it is to see damage upwards of 6k on monsters in a mob, instead of the usual 3-4k. The exp is amazing on centaurs alone but even better if you have someone clearing the top half of the map. And once I lvl up a bit more I can move on to these bone-dragon thingies. There sadly isn't a map of just red dragons though, cause they would have been nice.

I managed to get my Pirate hat from the PPQ! I will never wear it, but I wanted the damned thing for forever so yesterday I did my last 8 pqs with various parties full of idiots. I also bought a mount, which while cool, is completely useless. You can't heal or fight while on it and I move faster using tele then the 150 speed it gives. But he still looks spiffy and someday maybe he will gain more features. I ended up naming him Aisek in memory of my first pet, Aisek the black pig :P

So yeah, I'm rather enjoying Leafre at the moment. I ended up lvling a bit ago, so I'm 101 now.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

And the Joey declared that the thread shall live, and it thus lived!

I come bearing screenies! I've gotten things sorted out IRL so I've been playing a bit of MS again. Leveled up like three of my characters on Bera while training my mule to 16 so I can set up shop again. Also went and explored Leafre, and I should get around to all the Mu Lung quests sometime.

Image - Levelling up my xbowman and spearman together, via two computers and good planning :D I like this screenie.
Image - Making it all the way to the end of Leafre, only to be kicked out by some snooty lizard.
Image - Suicide on the strongest thing I could find. The best part is, it didn't kill me on the first hit :D Yay for chocolate!
Image - Ash levelling up to 120! Yay! She asked me to post this cause she lost her screenie.
Image - And finally, Anth levelling up by healing Ash! Levels all around!