Royal Wocky

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Mariko

Royal Wocky

Post by Mariko »

ImageImage
Royal boy|Royal Girl
Well they are... unique.
I actually sort of like the royalboy. His color is a nice midnighty blue and his hat is pretty sweet.

I'm not feeling royalgirl at all. Her color seems washed out, her hat looks odd, as does the placement of the thing on her forehead (which looks like it stabbing her in the eye). But mostly, I hate her shoulder pads.

But if you are into dressing your pet up it looks like you have a lot to work with.
Danish

Re: Royal Wocky

Post by Danish »

I quite like these. I like it how the more recent pets aren't the typical fairy tale type of Royal, but at the same time I think that some of them, like this one, don't look like Royal at all. Indeed I had to read the text above them to find out what colour they were.

But they are unique, and the clothing will be interesting to work in with other colours. I agree that the boy is much better.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

They're so delightfully Mongolian! I like them. But since the revamp, the female Wocky mascara has always creeped me out.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Wockies were one of my favourite species. Now, well... Not so much. But since these pets' hats are covering their terrifying eyebrows, I guess I can give my opinion on them without crying about how bad they look.

The Royalboy is alright. Nice shade of blue.

The Royalgirl, I don't like so much. The base colour is also nice, but she looks like she has a beard. Eww.

General crit for both: I can barely tell what's going on with their clothes. They're a bit too cluttered.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

The male reminds me of Atilla the Hun, and I think an ancient warrior/conqueror vibe is what they were going for. Works well for me, works well, and the fact that it probably looks beautiful without all the armor. As for the girl... Notsomuch... Don't think I'm prejudiced against periwinkle gnome princesses or anything, it just doesn't suit Wockies.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Madge

Post by Madge »

I like the male wocky's fur hat, and, after some pondering, I've realised that the Stargate SG-1 episode "Emancipation" had a concept for a female costume that would've worked better in my opinion:

And, come on, something with a veil would've been awesome.

The tiara-looking thing, at the very least, beats the heck out of the cone.
checkers

Post by checkers »

I love Wocky, I just don't love these two, I like the colours but I think they're wrong for the outfits.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I must admit, that while I think they really tried to make these unique, they tried too hard. If it weren't for the eyelashes I would never have known that that was supposed to be a girl, in fact until I read this thing, I had thought that the lighter one was the boy. I honestly can't say I like either of them at all, as they hardly even look royal. At least the girl has some jewels, that is the only clue to them being royal.
Image Image Image Image Image
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I actually like them both a lot, though I don't know if I can explain why. I like that they seem based on real cultural outfits, and they're not the standard royals (even though I often like those too). I think the male's hat is especially nifty.
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

I really like the male one. That hat/crown/beanie thing is made of win and I would love to be able to use it. In fact, if I had the np (and actually still played Neopets) I would definitely get the boy one just for the crown.

The girl one has a beard. Enough said.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I like that they're using various cultures for the Royal paint brush. I suppose the wockies are supposed to be Russian? While they don't look like they'd take your breath away, they do look pretty decent. I don't like post-custom wockies, but the colour is good enough for what it's got to work with. They could have gone fancier, that's true, but then they might have ended up a bit overdone, like the yurbles.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

I like the colors and their clothing. All except for the female's hat. Whenever I look at her, that's all I see. I suppose that's one of the few good things that came with this pet customization... if you don't like something on a pet you can just remove it.

I also love the fact that these aren't your cardboard "royal" couple. It's nice to see different cultures being thought of.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Madge wrote:I like the male wocky's fur hat, and, after some pondering, I've realised that the Stargate SG-1 episode "Emancipation" had a concept for a female costume that would've worked better in my opinion:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u58/ ... 5F0185.jpg

And, come on, something with a veil would've been awesome.

The tiara-looking thing, at the very least, beats the heck out of the cone.
*huggles* I luff you, you made a Stargate reference! :D

But about the pets, they look okay. A bit too bulky for my tastes when it comes to royal pets, I prefer the more lighter dressing and something that fits the pet well. This makes me think of small pets being dressed up by their owners in those doggy clothes.
The royal male is a nice shade of blue, very lovely. And the hat is cute.
Royal female looks like she's been washed too many times and lost all shine! And the hat reminds me of a traffic cone...
Madge

Post by Madge »

But I always make stargate references, did you not love me before? ;-;. (Seriously, I have 100GB of SG-1 and Atlantis on my HDD - i.e. every single episode. I am also creating my own campaign from the Stargate RPG sourcebook, which has more grammatical errors in it than you could shake a stick at - the sourcebook, that is, my campaign will have impeccable grammar).

Also did I mention that when I saw your Ronon sig I was very happy inside? He is without a doubt the sexiest (Daniel will always be the all-round hottest, but there IS A DIFFERENCE) character in any show I've ever seen. I am so so glad they got rid of stupid Ford to have Ronon.

Also, um. Wockies. They still look the same. [/knows her post is offtopic and doesn't care]
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Ah, shame - it seams when you take of the cone, head jewellery goes with it.

And I can't make myself comment on these, royal girl's eyelashes annoy me too much. Royal boy is really nice though.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta