The annual New Year's goal thread

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

The annual New Year's goal thread

Post by Wingsrising »

Just thought I'd start up the annual New Year's goal thread, for those of us who are still playing.

If you made a resolution last year, you can find it here.

My resolutions from last year:
Well, first I'd like to train my Eyrie to the 250 strength and defence boost. I estimate that will be another 2.5 millionish.
Accomplished! I'm pretty sure it was more than 2.5 million, though.
I'd like to do some more work on my Neohome. No real price for this, Neohomes can pretty much absorb money indefinately. At least you can sell the furniture again.

Get my Neogardens knocked into shape Again, no real price limit here.
Accomplished! I actually just "finished" my Neohome on Christmas (first time I've sat down to work on it in ages). I'm sure I'll still do some tweaking here and there, but it's time to write it up and submit it to the Neohome spotlight (to lose, I'm sure). And yes, Neohomes can (and did) pretty much absorb NP without limit. Luckily stocks have been good to me this year.
Eventually I think I need to upgrade my battledome weapons again. Maybe a Wand of Reality (seems possible at 3.5 millionish) or a Werelupe Claw Necklace (a stretch at, what is it, 7.5 millionish).
I was about to say that I accomplished this by buying my Bag of Healing Dust this year, but it turns out I bought the Dust at about this time of year in 2006, so before I made this resolution. Oops. So I guess I failed this one. In my defense, the Neohome stuff and training both ended up costing a lot more than I expected.
Get the paint jobs on my main sorted. My ex-Darigan Zafara needs a new paint job, I'm thinking some sort of Bori. Price varies from free to who-knows-how-much depending on what I choose. Also, I'm toying with the idea of making my Darigan Peophin a Faerie Peophin instead. I have a Faerie PB so no additional outlay there if I decide to do it, though there is an oppotunity cost of not being able to sell the PB.
Well, the revamp in April really put a monkey wrench in this one. I didn't paint my Peophin Faerie before the revamp, and that still annoys me, but since the Royal Peophin looks so nice with the Shell Wings I've (almost) gotten over it. I ended up painting my Peophin Royal, my Bori Faerie, and then (in a paint job I didn't plan pre-revamp) painted my Aisha Camouflage before using the FF Quest I got this year to make her Island.

My Eyrie, of course, is still blue.
Give my Peophin a nice petpet. Varies based on price of petpet.
Took advantage of post-Talia deflation to give her a Kazeriu, which I quite like for her.
Get off my butt and finish my current NQII Evil gamel. I've been saying I'll do this for the last two years now. I'm on Faerieland, maybe this will be the year I do it. Also, get the NQI avatar.
Nope, and nope. I'm still in Faerieland and have given up on it. With the deflation of NQII weapons, it's really hardly worth playing Evil anymore for the prizes.

I did work on the NQI avatar some but abandoned the quest some time ago. I was thinking I could make this a goal for the new year, but a quick look suggests my game has been reset. This does not please me one bit. I'm not starting again from scratch.
Get the Faerie Bubbles avatar. Maybe some other nifty flash game avatars.
Didn't even try. I'm off the avatar thing at the moment. Maybe I'll try again this year. Then again, maybe not.
Start playing Food Club.
Accomplished! Thanks Cranberry for your valuable Food Club advice!

So, goals for 2008:

I don't know that I have as many this year. I've been spending less time on Neopets since the revamp, as I suppose a lot of people also have. But there are a few things I'd like to do.

Write up my Neohome for Neohome spotlight. I'll probably keep tweaking it a bit here -- adding expensive knick-knacks I didn't want to buy the first time around or that are newly released -- but major work I think is over for the time being.

Maybe give a few of those flash game avatars a try.

Do *something* big and BD related. I think that means either training up my Eyrie to the 300 boosts or buying a spiffy new BD weapon. Maybe an SoS, if I ever find myself with that much cash. We'll have to see.

Buy a few more nice wearables to dress my Neopets up in. I'm really hoping TNT comes out with something that suits my Eyrie in the next year... at least a trinket I want to put on her, if they're not good enough to make actual jewelry that doesn't look dumb on Eyries.

I WAS going to make the NQI avatar a goal for the new year, but probably not if there's been another reset. :-(

Well, that's not a very impressive list of goals, is it? :sigh: Maybe I should think about branching out into something completely new. I'd say pet and user lookups but I've been saying this for years without ever actually doing it.
Iggy

Re: The annual New Year's goal thread

Post by Iggy »

but a quick look suggests my game has been reset. This does not please me one bit. I'm not starting again from scratch.
NeoQuest I is active-pet dependant. Therefore, check all of your pets.

I didn't make goals for 2007, so here are my 2008 goals.

-Get NT Star avatar. I've been working on it since January 2006, I think I'm due.
-Get NT Writer avatar as well
-Get 1500 items in gallery. I'm at 1480.
-Paint Tcheeh Pirate
-Targer-zap my lab pet for Faerie =D
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

No, I checked them all. :-( I posted on the IDB Neoquest forum, maybe someone there would have heard if there was a reset. If no one responds there I'll try PPT and maybe even dare the Neoboards... I know there was one back in 2004 so it wouldn't surprise me if it had happened again and I just didn't hear about it.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Well my goals for 2007 were pretty much morph/paint Sans into a Tyrannian Draik, which I accomplished, so yay.

Goals for 2008:

- Get userlookups finished, maybe submit an engineering-themed one to spotlight

- Buy a nice weapon for Sail/Nouvelle

- Train Snowager up so he's level 25 and all his stats are 50 (maybe including speed) so he doesn't have lab-itis anymore

- Finish Sail's petpage (not gonna happen but a man can dream).

Not nearly as extensive as goals other people will have, I'm sure, but god knows I've got enough distractions from study without Neopets.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I posted last year:
I was actually just working out my (BD-related) goals today. I want to get more into 2-player battling, so I need a few more things to complete my set:

Pirate Captains Cutlass - 16 mil (sigh)
Ghostkershield - 8 mil
Faerie Tabard - 7.5 mil
Pocket Cooking Pot - 5.7ish mil
Well, I bought the PCC, and I have enough NP for the Gshield and Tabard but haven't bought them yet -- I'm not sure if I still want to get into two-player. If I do, I'll get the new Glittery Faerie Dust instead of the cooking pot. If I decide to stay with one-player only... I dunno, maybe a Leaded Elemental Vial.
I also want to paint the kau on my side royal (it's kind of a joke -- that pet has the same name as my main account, and the royal kau has the same hair color and expressions that I do). I'm labbing her for now, though, so I have no real set date for the paint job.
The revamp messed that up -- the new royalgirl kau is missing the long pieces of hair that hang down, and she just looks generally bland. I haven't yet decided what to paint my pet, so I'm still labbing her now.

I have no idea what to set as a goal for this year. I just want to find something to spend my NP on, I guess! I should train Alaska some more, maybe to the 300 or 350 boosts, and maybe try to get some more avatars. I'm hoping TNT revamps the battledome and training system as they've been hinting they will -- I'll be able to set some battling/training goals when they do. Oh, and I want to enter the gallery spotlight sometime in the not-too-distant future.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I didn't make any resolutions last year, so this year, my main goal is,

- morph Cymbal into a Krawk, paint him Halloween (for the head mask) and then Speckled

So that's my main goal, and that'll probably take me all year, because I make Neopoints very slowly, but if I do manage to complete that resolution, I'll work on making Sonraa a Pirate Shoyru.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I completely forgot about taking part in this thread last year, but there it is. Alright, let's see:

My 2007 goals:
My most immediate goal is getting my battle pet to 200 boost (almost there). After that I'll see whether I'll go for 250 boost or try to save up for some weapons (but with weapon prices of decent stuff I might get discouraged half way through and go back to training instead). Another thing I'm hoping for is getting two Mysterious Valentines Cards and getting rid of yellow sidebar on my sides (if those are buyable like last year that shouldn't be a problem).
200 boost - done
250 boost - done. I trained both strength and defense to 250 but sadly lab ray ate away over 20 points of defense since

Weapons upgrade - bought SoS :)

Mysterious Valentines Cards - done. Even better, all sides now have halloween sidebar (shame the lay out changed, I loved the old Halloween one)

As for painting goals - I've got everything I really want right now. The only existing pets that tickle my fancy are plushie usul or skeith. I'm not 100% percent sure on either so I'll probably leave that decision until a future FFQ (if such thing ever happens). The petpets I really want (turmac and tyrannian meepit) are way beyond my reach so I'll leave those to petpet lab.
Plushie Skeith - done, and thankfully just in time to beat the customization in April (sadly the happy pose which I loved most about it is now gone)

Plushie Usul - a goal forever lost. I was waiting for a turmac petpet zap on any of my pets first (which I would then morph in usul and paint plushie) but it never came. I have zero interest in present post-customization plushie usul, but I did fall in love with post-customization plushie aisha so that softened the blow considerably.

Tyrannian Meepit - bought and attached to Ocy :)
Turmac petpet zap - nope (oh, there was one droll invisible turmac zap)

Goals for 2008:

- get Ocy back to 250 defense boost using Kitchen Quests alone (strength and HP I'll leave to lab ray; I have no plan on further codestone training unless codestone prices drop, or a mean for fixed price training becomes available)
- get Ghostkerbomb or possibly a better healer
- get my avatar count to 290+ (that includes tackling several flash game avatars, NQI, Plushie Tycoon, Lenny Conundrum, Edna - Cackle! and possibly one of those nasty first of the month score board ones)
- zap a petpet into a turmac (uncoloured one)
- grab a few names if they free up
- fix look up on my side account alpeu, so it becomes all screen resolutions friendly
- possibly find someone with unconverted desert poogle for adoption (I don't have high hopes with that one)
- upgrade my Better Than You!! trophy to gold
- decide what to paint Gizd, now that camo usuls don't look as good
Last edited by zebru on 28 Dec 2007 03:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Kari

Post by Kari »

From last year:
Buy a Draik Transmog, buy a Darigan PB, use two previous items on Kiki, and get a White Weewoo.
Out of all that, I got the Draik Transmog and used it on Kiki. Didn't have any money for the PB before 2.0, so I didn't get around to painting her (and I hated the new Darigan Draik for a long time because of the wings!)

So for this year:
-Get that Darigan PB
-Get a White Weewoo (that pet looks so empty with no petpet)
-Train Kiki to level 100 and stats to 200
-Have over 2 mil NP in the bank by year's end
derp
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

If I had any goals for this year, they were destroyed by the site revamp. Now that I'm slowly crawling back into the swing of things, I guess I can make a few goals for 2008:

1) Paint Dalahast Pirate (5.5 million NP? Oy vey...) Zap/paint Dalahast Island, then zap/paint her Purple
2) ...Paint Domatora Skunk? Maybe? I kind of like her as a Christmas Kacheek
3) Learn how to restock already.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 29 Dec 2007 04:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Hmm.. it seems I didn't take part in last years thread unfortunately. I doubt I really accomplished anything I wanted to anyway due to my interest in the site being pretty much nonexistent for most of the year. Next year is my last year in school also, so I don't think I'll be doing much, but it's always fun to aim high and fail miserably.

1. Make my way onto the Unofficial Kadoatery High Score List. I've quit feeding and picked it up again so so many time and right now I just want to make it onto that list. I'm at about 780 right now so I might make it!

2. Morph and paint Mooseum into a Royalboy Kau. I have the Paint Brush waiting in my Gallery... but I've grown attached to it sitting in there. So I may have to buy another one. But I'm stingy with my money, even though I have no real plans for it :/

3. Assuming the Pound gets back up, cut back my accounts from five to two. That means cutting 20 pets to 8. I think I can do it, I'm not very attached to many of them anymore sadly.

4. Get nice petpets for each of my remaining pets.

5. Work more on the Favourite Things part of my Gallery.

I think that's all I want to do.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I don't have that many:

- Repaint/morph all of my pets. This means turning Iae back to Rainbow, LL to a White Pteri, Ryou to a Mutant Lenny and Zen Faerie.
- Try to complete part one of my gallery (all unpainted bird petpets).
- Enter and place in the Beauty Contest.

Entering the BC is the one I'm most excited about. :)
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Work on my pets backstories. You see, I already have them planned out, but attention is not something I am very good at. The last time I tried working on a pet page was more than a few years ago.
Morph Ajumpers. He was originally going to be a Mutant Draik to fit in with the "mutated horrifically as a child" thing, but now I'm thinking more along the lines of an Usul, since you can now take off the stupid bow and earties. Maybe a nice Brown...
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

hmm, i rarely post outside the subeta forum, but here goes ...

-train/kq my battle pet to at least the 400 boosts (he's just over the 300s right now). possibly get to ninja school.

-buy a gbomb soon; maybe also a gshield.

-expand my shop at least 100 sizes (size 256 currently, i believe).

-start some fun, neo-legal stuff for my guild.

-re-paint my kougra halloween (he's currently ghost after being boochi'd 3 times) or maybe make him a krawk. i also need to decide whether i want to keep my battle pet a mutant draik or maybe make him the krawk instead. i really wish i didn't have to worry about boochi when deciding what i want my pets to be.