Pirate and Grey Bruce

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Pirate and Grey Bruce

Post by hebdenhippy »

Just released, the Pirate and Grey Bruce,

ImageImage

I really like both of them ^^ which is a surprise, because since customisation I had pretty much given up hope on nice Grey pets, but this is quite nice, I think it's the tatty ribbon, it just adds to that depressed look along with the wispy hair. The fist-o-doom's a bit glaringly obvious on Bruces though.

As for Pirate, I love the clothes, and I like how this one is more piraty than other Pirate pets, which tend to look like captains, rather than the rough crew members. I really like the colour too, that faint blue tint works well I think, and he is an angry penguin! Expression = love.
nanabobo567

Re: Pirate and Grey Bruce

Post by nanabobo567 »

... A new pirate pet, brilliant with its piratey accents, and yet it has no cutlass. Its empty fist is screaming for a cutlass, or a gun, or a parrot, or anything! Honestly, it would rate higher with one.
Grey? I can see the bow on it working well on other Bruces.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Back in 2004, my artist friend said they weren't allowed to draw weapons on pets because people would complain they couldn't use them in the battledome, which was why pets had sceptres and things but not swords or bows (there are no guns on Neopets, so that's definitely not going to happen). So I think there's a precedent, even if I agree that it could really do with a sword or something in that hand.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

I absolutely love both of these! The grey is just perfect. I love the tattered bow and the subtlety of the whole pet. (Though, I admit that a lot of the post-customisation grey pets are perhaps too subtle. Anyway...)
The pirate is screaming for some sort of weapon, but it's awesome for what it is! I love all of the clothing, and the menacing fist at least doesn't look out of place on this particular pet. :P
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I for one am not impressed by the gray bruce. The bow is a nice touch, but other than that it is very hard to tell that it even depressed. I had to take a second look to even notice that the eyes are somewhat sad looking. The fact that it appears to be smiling doesn't help it. On closer inspection, it isn't smiling, but it is hard to see. It is no better than any other new gray pet in my opinion.

Pirate isn't bad though. I am wondering though if it is wearing shoes or if that is just the color of it's feet.
Image Image Image Image Image
varii

Post by varii »

For post costumization I rather like the grey bruce. The limp hair and tatty bow are nice touches. I can see how in the face the artist tried to make it look sad..which is saying something given some of the other grey pets.

Pirate is snazzy. I'm not too sure how I feel about his little stubby tail being stuck inside his trousers, that seems like it would be an awkward fit. This is on my list though of pirate pets I may get.
rei @ neopets
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

The Grey could do with a little bit more of a frown going on, I had a hard time picking that out. I love the eyebrows on the Pirate though, they're so expressive! Though, the butt-lump of the tail in the pants is a touch disturbing... o_o;
<3
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I must admit that bruce became a pretty tolerable species after the customization.

Grey is a bit too subtle. I mistook it for silver when I first so it, a clear sign it could be a little more. Little bit more pink, more saggy eyes, even more tattered bow... It's nice looking but not "grey" enough for me.

Pirate I like quite a bit. A lot of character, lovely colour scheme, fine clothes - very nice. And if I'm not mistaken TNT hinted weapons will be made wearable eventually so he might just get his cutlass some day (a parrot or a hook in the mean time could have been nice though).
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I like them, which is saying a lot because when I read the post topic I thought "oh no, I bet they're horrible." Pirate's clothes are really very nice, and the fist o' doom actually works for that pet. Grey has a pretty adorable expression, too. And while I'm sad redraws are gone forever, it's actually better than the melty pets we'd been receiving of late.
Danish

Post by Danish »

Ooh, nice to see some new decent looking pets. I absolutely LOVE the Pirate, I'm considering saving for one once the pound's back up. I like it how he's a pirate, but not a captain like lots of the other appear to be. He would fit nicely with my Pirate Yurble. It looks as though it's been modelled after Benny the Blade TCG card: http://www.neopets.com/tcg/displayCard. ... id=7&id=55

The Grey Bruce is quite good, for post-customisation grey pets. I'm glad this one doesn't have a horrible expression like other grey pets, which kind of have a shocked look about them. The bow is quite a nice fit too.
well_taylorr

Post by well_taylorr »

I love them both!
The clothing, and color choises for the pirate are gorg, and the tattered bow on the grey is pretty cute. :3
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

All the bruces look pissed off now, but the grey bruce looks a bit "I'm so pissed off at you, it's making me depressed" look going on.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Meh. The grey bruce looks like it's smiling to me, which obviously is not how grey works. I think bruces are still a long way off from cute even after customization, since they didn't bother to fix the doughy feet.

And there are guns on Neo. Mostly ray guns and blasters of some sort, but there was at least one hand cannon too. But, I do think that they're more likely to make a bazooka than a musket or something befitting a pirate.
maraqua_wqh_4

Post by maraqua_wqh_4 »

These Bruces are cute ! I like the Grey ones exspression and bowtie. The Pirate is funny too and looks a little like Grey(?) .
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Please stop bumping topics which haven't been posted on in more than two weeks.