My mom has a problem

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
cherrylimeade

My mom has a problem

Post by cherrylimeade »

she discovered another account on neo that she made awhile back but forgot the password
so she hasn't login in along time but she likes the pets that are on it.

Should she login to the account and abandon the pets?

Then delete the account after she abandons the pets?

What should she do the pets are painted? or Should she not do a thing?

What would you all recommend?

She does have a main account and four side accounts.

She'd forgoten this other account which she just found out about yesterday and doesn't want to get frozen.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Re: My mom has a problem

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I would say: touch nothing until Reopening Day, then get onto the account, transfer the pets out then self-freeze sharpish. Whether she takes the pets herself (if she has room) or gives them to friends is up to her.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Agreed. It definitely doesn't make sense to abandon the pets before the pound reopens - anything could happen to them. After that, (assuming they don't make drastic changes to the process) there are relatively safe ways of transferring even painted pets.

I think it probably wouldn't hurt to log in just once to ensure it doesn't get deleted, though - and then don't touch it.
checkers

Post by checkers »

oogabooga wrote:Agreed. It definitely doesn't make sense to abandon the pets before the pound reopens.
It might do, say if Neopets somehow finds out (they see 'everything') and freezes all 6 accounts in the process, then she would lose not only these pets, but her normal pets as well. Really, you don't have a choice but to wait, but either way it is risky. :/
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

If she hasn't been using the account at all then she's safe enough now, probably, and unlikely to get frozen since TNT will most likely think that she has forgotten about the old account. However, should she want the pets on it, she would be safer to close one of her existing accounts before attempting to access the "abandoned" account or retrieve its password. Then she will be below the six account limit and safe. Remember that to access it, the birthdate of the account will be required as well as its password, and that if she doesn't have these she might as well consider the account lost forever.

If she doesn't want the pets on that account, she could always write to TNT asking them to freeze the account on her behalf, but that probably isn't necessary- people switch and lose email addresses and forget passwords all the time, and the extra account is very unlikely to be a problem as long as it continues to be unaccessed.
Neopets wishlists: here
cherrylimeade

Post by cherrylimeade »

Thank you for the help my mom did login to the account to abandon one pet but didn't have enough nps so she decided to self freeze the account. The pet that she was going to pound was origionally my pet.