Create-a-Pet Makeover?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Hm....I tend to adopt rather than create, but I kind of want to create something just to play with it.

Time for a brand new lab pet! Maybe she'll be a little better than the current zapper.

The 'Pick For Me' function grates me a little, seems to take a lot of thought out of creating a pet. Also, it keeps suggesting Nimmos.

Seems okay. Though the 'Activate your account' thing shows for me too, which is probably just in need of some fine tuning.
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

I saw this yesterday and was going to post it, but was in a rush to leave the house! I like the makeover, it's an useful change. I'm on dial-up and the page loaded pretty quickly for me, much better than having to go through endless pages filled with different images!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Aqua wrote:Weird.. I see that Limited/Restricted pets don't appear, either. Do they only appear when released or what, I wonder?
I noticed that right away, Aqua. I'm assuming that means when a pet is available, it will show up there - otherwise it won't be?
Archkiel wrote:It also reminds me of how badly many Neopets need revamps . . . >_>::
ROFL I thought the exact same thing xD Looking at them all like that, bah!

My one big thing for improvement would be to make the pets appear in alphabetical order. I like the alphabet.

Oh, as for tonus, maybe there's sitll some leftover from Tonu day? O_o Unlikely, yes, but Tonus as a whole are kinda crap :P
Veo

Post by Veo »

jessibean wrote: . . . Tonus as a whole are kinda crap :P
I second that. :P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

50th - Tonu: 284,826 (out of 285,315)
There ya go.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

Hm, can you still leave pets as "not yet born" under this new system?

If not, Ash may be one of the last pets to have a petpet older than he is :P

(I want to hold off creating Ash until April or May so that way his petpet (which I attached on the 10th of February) is 2 months older than him. So maybe I'll set some more goals between now and his faerie pb)
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I've heard about people having problems to finalise a new pet that was created but left unborn until after they changed this. Someone posted at neodaq that she could neither abandon nor finalise the pet because she now got 404s when trying to push that button that tells you you're not done with your last pet.
LΟL
Madge

Post by Madge »

I hope they fix that by the time I want to finalise Ash =/.

I'm guessing that if you emailed TNT they would fix it up in their databases to be created, wouldn't they? o_o;
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: Create-a-Pet Makeover?

Post by zebru »

Not sure whether I should have made a new topic for this or not - but Create-a-Pet page just received another makeover. They got rid of pre-Customisation images and placed new ones. Possible stats of the new pet visibly change as you flip through different species.
It's very clean looking.

Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
varii

Post by varii »

zebru wrote:They got rid of pre-Customisation images and placed new ones.
FINALLY. Maybe they'll get on with updating the rainbow pool too. I can't play with it ass I have four pets at the moment, but the whole set up looks very wide.
rei @ neopets
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Now, why would they need to update the rainbow pool when we finally have a working version here? :P (I shan't complain if they do, as long as the rainbow pool uses the same URL scheme and I can use it to fill in our gaps.)
Bif

Post by Bif »

That 'new' Create-a-Pet page has been around since the last Hissi day. When LE pets are avaible they just slot into the last place on the page. I really like it a whole lot more than flipping through a whole lot of pages. At least the loading time is for all the pets and you don't have to sit and wait ages for just 6 pets to load (like I did years ago when I had dial up)

And from the picture of the new, NEW Create-a-Pet page, I really like it ever more so.
maraqua_wqh_4

Post by maraqua_wqh_4 »

Yeah , I saw it too...TNT don't re-vamps only Pets , but site too :mrgreen: