RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Sagrei

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Sagrei »

Yay: I washed my dog without getting bodyslammed into a toilet. She's large and about twice as strong as I am, so this is quite a feat. I also dosed her with Advantage.

Woe: There are still fleas on my dog. They're woozy punch-drunk dying fleas, so the Advantage is working, but still! Fleas!

I'm an idiot: I forgot to change out and wash her bedding. This is such a part of the dog-wash routine that I thought I'd done it. That's probably where the little bastards are coming from. It only took me the better part of two weeks to figure this out.

It could be that the purpose of my life is to serve as a warning to others.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Congrats and best wishes, Alicorn! :D I get the feeling that a lot of the people in here who are married or are planning to have decided to hook up with best friends with mutual crushes (and some fun benefits) so it works out great. I used to not be such a romantic sap, darn it! :P

EDIT 1/30 - 1/31: My husband is home for a visit, YAY!!! I will be terribly busy and preoccupied during that time, which doesn't bode well for internet activity. But it will live and go on without me, and I can pick back up where I left it if I don't fret overly much about trying to catch up. Also, hopefully he'll figure out the solution to our own computer. *logs off and heads home*
checkers

Post by checkers »

Real life Pokémon related achievements today, I restarted my Pokémon Pearl not that long ago because I've restarted every game I owned at least once, and for Sapphire it seemed to have worked I ended up completeing it. Well Crobat, Jynx and Staryu are my three basic Pokémon I have on my team, always and I thought it would be annoying to get a Crobat (last one didn't evolve until lvl 51 and loads of contests) but today I evolved my Zubat (Lvl: 22) then battled and evolved my Golbat (Lvl: 23) which was a real shock since previously I needed contests, training and higher levels. :P Also my Budew evolved into Roselia and has two Smart Contest Ribbons. I like restarting games. :)
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Achievement (or rather my husband's achievement and my delight): My computer is working again!

I'm a little stressed out because we're so busy. This weekend will be a rush of a trip, and then when we come back I'll be moving. I HATE moving, but the benefits will far outweigh the hassle. Maybe this time I'll learn from it and try again to streamline my mass of stuff. :P

Woe: And then my husband leaves back overseas on the 18th and will be gone nearly a year. :( (So meanwhile I'm spending as much time with him as possible, silly Neo plot timing....)

EDIT: - another woe - though the computer is working again, there's this really obnoxious habit that computers have: while my guy was clearing out and formatting the hard drive that DOES work so everything could be properly installed, the prompt instead selected our external (backup) harddrive. ALL my old files and settings have been wiped completely clean - my digital photos, ALL my 60gig of music and my favorite .mp3s project spreadsheet, my Trillian contact list (I have an older backup, but *whimper*), and the story I had started for NaNoWriMo until the harddrive corrupted in the middle of November. Grah SO much work, gone. But it's nothing important or unreplaceable. I have excuses to go for some backroad drives to take more pictures again, and I have some motivation to do my .mp3 projects in a more organized manner. My guy has apologized profusely over and over again, but it's not really his fault that it happened. Hindsight is 20/20, and if we had known that it was a potential problem of the computer going, "Oh you must mean format THIS? OK! *ZIP GONE!* Done!" without us actually wanting THAT one formatted, we might have unplugged it. Clean start? :P
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 11 Feb 2008 06:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

You may have noticed a lack of spivsy in the last few weeks, but not anymore. I got me a snazzy new computer with vista and all that crap on it.

this thing is bloody fast, lets see how well it performs when I do what I do with all my computers and save way too many pictures and music on to it.
Bif

Post by Bif »

My boyfriend sent me a dozen long stemmed roses today. And when I say long stemmed, these are very long! He's in Singapore at the moment and will be tripping around Asia for the next 10 months so these flowers mean a lot to me. It's the first time that I've ever been sent flowers and it feels amazing. They look stunning and smell wonderful.

I hope everyone else has a wonderful day, whether it's Valentinesy or not. :)
Madge

Post by Madge »

I was working at a lunch bar in 37 degree (High 90s F) weather, and had made a big mistake concerning cheques and orders and such, and then my sweetie pie came and visited me as a surprise! He can't drive yet so he had to walk from his house to my work (15 minute walk) in the same heat so that was really sweet of him :). Especially because I told him that I hate VD and want it to die. So he brought me a card he printed from meish.org, which is what I use to send VD cards to all my friends every year since I was in like year 12, coincidentally enough. I gave him lunch and a slushie and then we kissed and stuff. And saw a movie. We were going to see Jumper because there is no movie that could be as UNADULTERATEDLY COOL as that, but we ended up seeing Definitely Maybe, largely so that way we could see Jumper "next time", implying that there will be a next time. I like this sort of logic. Definitely Maybe was alright, not brilliant though. Except I found myself crying during it. I'm not sure if it was becuase I was tired and yawning and how yawning makes you cry or if I am in fact a big sissy.
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

James took the day off so he could spend it with me. We went to an African restaurant for lunch and I had birthday cupcakes and wine tonight and am a very happy drunky Auri right now. Yay!
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Woe: This morning my husband left to go back overseas. He won't be back home until almost Christmas. "Slow as Christmas" might take on a new meaning for me this year. :P

Achievement: I've NEVER had cable service so nice! I was fearing that I would either have to figure out some workaround with being here for installation while my guy was going to the airport (uh, no, I had to drive, and I wanted to see him off!) OR wait almost a week before having cable and internet. The local guys came by THIS EVENING, and zoom I already have internet on my computer in my NEW APARTMENT! I even paid less than half of the "regular price" for the bundle. Life is already so much better, minus my guy now being away again. :)

And thus I shall hopefully cease whining so much and leave AaToW alone for a while.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I realize nobody's posted here in a while, but I need to get this out and it's not important enough for its own topic.
See, my friend loaned me some comics of his. Specifically, they're called "Marvel Zombies," about an alien virus that causes you to turn into a zombie when it gets in your blood. As you can guess, the super heroes that get infected are the most dangerous. Since then I've been having nightmares about Spider-Man killing my friends and me.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Silly, of course you can make a new topic if you want. I love Marvel Zombies. It's the best new comic plot line in ages. Hehehe.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Finally, after being down since Monday morning, my internet is back up! My internet provider was moving companies or something, so some people's internet was down. Of course my house was one of the lucky few, and its been down for over three days.

I hate you, Comcast!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Got my first module results for AS levels. I got 3 As, in maths, core 1 and mechanics 1, and economics. I also managed to get 100/100 in core 1 and 105/105 in economics; I was very surprised about economics. I was preparing myself for a B. :D I also got 90/100 for mechanics, so yeah, am feeling pretty good.
Subeta: Thomas
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Well done Tom. I got some results today but they spell out what they are - BAD

I got 70/100 for Statistics 1 (B), 81/100 for Core 3 (A) and 54/100 in Further Pure 2 (D). It's very annoying for me because now I need to get at least 81/100 in Core 4 to get an overall A and I was hoping to be a bit more comfortable, some people in my class need like 14-30/100 to get their A. You'll probably be in that position next year Tom, the person who sits next to me got 100 in Core 1 and about 90 in Mechanics 1 and needs 14 marks to get an A. :)

As for Further Maths I feel very badly about that. I have 2 more modules for that and I'm on an E overall at the moment. I need 27 marks to get to a D, which I will almost definitely manage but it's 87 to get to a C which is possible. I really wanted to get a B though, so I might have to resit some exams or put up with a C/D overall.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I'm doing okay with D1 at the moment, but FP1 is a bit of a pain. I got a U in my graphs and inequalities test a few weeks ago which wasn't too great, heh, I dunno what happened really. It seemed to be okay until I came to the test and I fell apart, rather, getting 42%. Hopefully matrices won't be so bad. Stats 1 seems okay, just quite a bit to remember, and core 2 isn't really unfamiliar territory, having done differentiation and integration in M1.
Subeta: Thomas