Feature updates: Turmy, Subeta revamps, Snowager, Avatars

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Feature updates: Turmy, Subeta revamps, Snowager, Avatars

Post by Jazzy »

In approximate order of completion:
- the Turmaculus alerts should be fixed to only display on the day they're set. If you see one up incorrectly (ie, you click through and he's not actually available for waking), please post here and I will check if it's a mistake, or if it's a bug.
- the Subeta revamp page should now include all the new pets and every revamp; thank you Jessi for bringing this to my attention :)
- When the Snowager is asleep, an alert displays alongside the "click to set a Turmaculus alert" link at the top of the Neopets forums.
- possibly the most interesting...you can now go here and keep track of which Neopets avatars you've obtained, linked to your forum login:
I do not plan to start hosting avatar guides or anything - this isn't an avatar site - but I think this might be useful to have. You can view all, only the ones you have, or only the ones you need, and there's a progress bar showing what percentage of each you've got. If there's any demand for it, I'll make a page which you can link to which displays your avatars and percentages publicly but right now, it's basically for your own records.

Let me know if there are any problems with any of these, including misspelt avatar names.
oogabooga

Re: Feature updates: Turmy, Subeta revamps, Snowager, Avatars

Post by oogabooga »

Shiny!

The "Bon Appétit" avatar is displaying with a question mark instead of the é. Probably any other accent marks are going to be broken as well, but I don't know if there are any.

Would it be possible to have an option to display them in the order they're listed on Neopets, for ease of entry? Or is that too hard to find out?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I love you, Jazzy. I do. You do awesome things that I can only compare to delicious, warm, freshly baked cookies. Perhaps cake. Just in case you didn't know.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Bon Appétit is now fixed; it was correctly displayed in the db but not in HTML, so I've changed that. I knew it was broken, but couldn't tell if it was only broken for me - I've had some issues with characters being broken for me in Linux but fine in Windows (I think I have slightly different character sets), then when I've fixed them, breaking in Windows instead, which is more of a concern. I've also changed Pinatas & Candy to use an ampersand properly, and fixed the script which works out how many avatars are impossible to obtain (it reckoned five last night, but that's wrong, it's six - three Maraqua war ones, one of Meridell or Darigan, one of the Royal Korbats, and one of the Meerca Brothers). I'm considering implementing a thing which greys out the ones you can't get, or perhaps a separate Need view, since the backend's already there (each av already has a listing for which avatars you can't then get if you have it).

I can only guess at the order of entry for 269 of the avatars (ie, the ones I've got), so unless I get it from another site, there'll be about 70 avatars I can't order. Also, the order depends on the order you obtained them in, I'm fairly sure - there will be stretches which are consistent between people (eg, three clickables released close together: most people should have those and in that order) but the actual order will be slightly different. My last listed avatar, for example, is Ace Zafara, but the last released one was A Day At The Beach, which I do also have, but slightly higher up.

And Huggles, if you're offering baked goods... :D
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Jazzy wrote:Also, the order depends on the order you obtained them in, I'm fairly sure
Oh, that's right. I forgot.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

We do have a nice new oven and I do like baking. Do you like oatmeal raisin cookies? Those are the ones I'm best at. I could look up some biscuit recipes, but I wouldn't know how successful I was at creating the right flavor. I mean, I could send you real life cookies if you don't fear my riding sharks across the ocean and then land sharks to your house.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Hm, I added all my avatars, but am actually two under on here, compared to Neopets. I think the Achyfi! and Lenny - Finneus avatars are the ones missing. Looking through I also noticed that the Grarrl Warrior avatar is called Bony Grarrl Club on here, and Must... Keep... Smiling..., on here, is actually Kacheek Seek.

Nice work, though. Avatars were definitely my favourite thing about Neopets; it's a real shame they rather pointlessly stopped releasing them.
Subeta: Thomas
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I love oatmeal raisin cookies.

Missing avatars: check the page which displays all of them. I've had a glitch where an av will show up with neither radio button ticked, and when that happens, it won't appear in the Have or Need pages, just on the All page. (You can tell if things aren't displaying on the All page by scrolling to the very last row: it should be full because 340 is divisible by four, so if it's got fewer than four avs in it, something's not displaying, and you should post here to tell me that.)

Thanks for telling me those names; they've now been updated :) Could someone with the Altador Cup Staff av confirm that it really is "Tourny"? I would normally expect "Tourney", and I've not got it to check.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Jazzy wrote: Thanks for telling me those names; they've now been updated :) Could someone with the Altador Cup Staff av confirm that it really is "Tourny"? I would normally expect "Tourney", and I've not got it to check.
It's "Tourney".
Neopets wishlists: here
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Thanks! I've changed that now.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I definitely can't find them, and have looked on all the available pages, checking through them to make sure they're not under different names. I'd take a screenshot, but that'd be a bit redundant really. I've tried hard refreshing... hm. It does end in a 4.
Subeta: Thomas
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

How strange - those two really were missing. Thanks for telling me that - I didn't notice because I'd accidentally said I had two avatars I didn't actually have. They're in the database now.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

The Snowager alert is showing at the wrong time - an hour early. Daylight Savings Time?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yep, fixed. I was aware of this - it's caused by the difference in DST's start date between the US and the UK; I'd adjusted the times to allow for Neopets going forward before our servers did, but I couldn't change it back immediately when our servers went forward as well because I lost my FTP access a bit before the DST changeover. I couldn't change it in advance, since it would've been wrong then instead :)