'Have you...?' box on left of page

Post anything new on Neopets here.
EofS

'Have you...?' box on left of page

Post by EofS »

I presume this isn't just appearing for me, and it definitely wasn't there earlier...

I don't explicitly disagree with the idea... But I do if it just says that forever and there's no way to say that yes, I have done these things, what with having had an account for six and a half years. I mean, maybe that's what the ticks say. But if so, can't it bugger off until it comes up with something I haven't done?

I rather like the idea of it just popping up occasionally with some feature I might not have considered. But if it's going to permanently link to the add pet page (I have a full account) and the newbie pack I collected 78 months ago... That's less useful really.
Jamie

Re: 'Have you...?' box on left of page

Post by Jamie »

I agree. It can buzz off unless it actually shows me something I haven't done. It's rather useless if it only shows these three things. I'm pretty sure 90% of Neopians will have completed those three ticks within 30mins of opening an account.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

If you use Firefox, grab the Remove It Permanently extension. Then right-click on the box, scroll down to "RIP Advanced," and put a check mark next to "Remove from this website" (or domain, which might work better; I'm not sure). Then keep right clicking and selecting "remove this permanently" on all of the things in the box, and you can make it vanish completely on all Neo pages.

I also used this to remove the annoying huge new images (and the block of adspace on the right, empty because I use adblock) at the top of the inventory and my shop pages. Now that box just has links in it and stretches out along the page like a header.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I saw that today, but assumed it was a glitch. If it is a new 'feature' (damn the pages are getting confusingly busy nowadays) then I don't see the point of it for accounts that are over, say, a month old - and will probably attempt to block it eventually.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Jamie wrote:I'm pretty sure 90% of Neopians will have completed those three ticks within 30mins of opening an account.
Except you can't collect the 1000NP if your account is less than 30 days old. ^_~

I agree though, this is quite a pointless addition to the site. It's only useful to newbies and I think even newbies can figure out how to create a pet and get the newbie pack.
varii

Post by varii »

Cranberry wrote:If you use Firefox, grab the Remove It Permanently extension. Then right-click on the box, scroll down to "RIP Advanced," and put a check mark next to "Remove from this website" (or domain, which might work better; I'm not sure). Then keep right clicking and selecting "remove this permanently" on all of the things in the box, and you can make it vanish completely on all Neo pages.

I also used this to remove the annoying huge new images (and the block of adspace on the right, empty because I use adblock) at the top of the inventory and my shop pages. Now that box just has links in it and stretches out along the page like a header.
Thank you so much for this. I just went on a RIP rampage. And what a silly add on in the first place. TNT has really been making some crackhead decisions lately. The only place I could really see that little box being useful is maybe on the front homepage where newbies might be looking around and use it as a guide. But otherwise unless they add rotating options with links to actual things I may have forgotten to do (buy scratch cards, fishing, snowager) it is a complete waste of space.
rei @ neopets