Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

Post by Joey »

Honestly, if you're at least semi-decent at making poffins, Wiki berries will do you fine. I evolved my feebas on Wiki-poffins alone. If you're really worried, you could try making poffins together with someone, you'll always get a better poffin that way unless you're really bad or something. I'm a fan of the Wiki/Chesto combo myself.

I offer alternatives only because Pamtre are such a pain in the ass and I don't actually have hundreds of them like other berries ^-^
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I am actually really bad at making Poffins, but checkers is quite good at making them, so he makes them for me. Luckily my Pikachu managed to find a Pamtre Berry in Amity Square, but I used it, rather than planting it. I don't know why though, I only have 1 Wiki Berry left, so I have to plant that.

So yeah, I don't want one any more, but I'm still looking for a Smoochum or a Ditto if anyone has one they don't mind trading away.
checkers

Post by checkers »

adi_gallia wrote:I am actually really bad at making Poffins, but checkers is quite good at making them, so he makes them for me. Luckily my Pikachu managed to find a Pamtre Berry in Amity Square, but I used it, rather than planting it. I don't know why though, I only have 1 Wiki Berry left, so I have to plant that.
I think the Wiki berries are better than the Pamtre Berries, I evolved my Milotic on Sapphire using Pamtre berries but Wiki berries really do focus on Beauty whereas Pamtre spread the stat increase between Cute and Beauty so I think Wiki berry are better even if they might not seem it from what sites like serebii and ign say.

I am also looking for a Smoochum/Jynx for breeding purposes only though after I have made an egg I would happily return, I need to get my three team Pokémon onto Pearl (I've always had (Gol)Crobat, Jynx and Staryu's on ANY game I owned) I want a Smoochum egg because I want it to get the same levels as my Pokémon fairly. :) Thanks if anyone trades!

I'm a little happier about my Shiny Pichu finding, Raichu Shiny is growing on me a little, orange Raichu are rather cute and when/if I were to draw fanart I could make it a little more like the older Shiny art orange with black stripes, tail and ears as apposed to D/P dark brown. :) Even more so that Pikachu females on D/P have heart shaped tails, xD I forgot they're one of the Pokémon that change slightly to gender. I want a female wobbuffet now.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I tried and failed at making my own Milotic. One of them I used a Pamtre Berry and it wasn't beautiful enough still and the other was just Wiki Berries and it wasn't maxed out on beauty. I figured that maybe getting my own Milotic wasn't supposed to be so I tried the GTS.

I put in a level 1 female Mudkip and after ab day I got a level 5 female Milotic, the only problem was that the name was in Japanese and I don't really like my Pokemon having names that I can't read, so I put that in the GTS and this time got a female level 2 Milotic with Mirror Coat, slightly better, but the name was Japanese. Then I put that Milotic in the GTS for a day or so and I finally got an English named Milotic that is level 25 and female and has Pokerus. I don't EV train, but it's always nice to have Pokerus just in case I want to one day.

It's not perfect since I'm not the OT of this Pokemon, but I think it's as close as I'm going to get without sending a Feebas to someone and getting them to feed it enough Poffins to evolve. So I'm happy about it.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Pokerus! You lucky duck, I've done lots of trades over GTS and never gotten one with Pokerus. Congrats on your Milotic though ^^ Odd though, Wiki berries worked fine for my Feebas :/ maybe it depends on the level of the poffin, I dunnno
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I can Pokerus a foder pokemon for anyway, by the way. PM , if you need a Pokerused Pokemon.
Image Image
ImageImage
Saphira

Post by Saphira »

1) Pearl
2) Fire Red, Emerald
3) 0044 3674 6391
4) umm.. lessee I have Clefable, Dewgong, Kangaskhan, Mamoswine, vespiquen, Kecleon, weepinbell, Chimecho, mismagius, camerupt, blaziken, magnezone, Kabuto. I've got others but those are the best ones.
5) I have all of the Eevee evolutions besides Umbreon and Espeon, Anorith, Aerodactyl, Azelf, Flygon, Uxie, Shieldon, Froslass, Palkia, Lileep
6) any that I don't have. I have a lot of empty spaces. I can't really ask for legendaries because I'm not willing to offer any. I'd like a Milotic. Oh, and I'd like to get my hands on an Umbreon and Espeon.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Anyone have a Deoxys? I'm still slogging through my pokedex and still don't have this entry. Is hard. No one lets me see Deoxys. *mopes*

Has Shaymin been legitimately released anywhere? I'm soooo out of the Pokemon-news loop. But the only legendaries I'm missing now are Deoxys and the other two event goobers from D/P. *snuggles Darkrai

I can show you most of the others in return! But not all. But enough to be too tired to list.

I'm tired. I think it shows. (I posted on the WRONG THREAD so I must be tired!)
Image Image
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Oh, someone from 4chan gave me a Shaymin, but other than that...no. Or at least not for a month (the movie featuring it is coming out in early July).
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I have a Deoxys that you can see :D
Image Image
ImageImage
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

A little late here, but I didn't get the game until May and am finally to the point where I'm running out of things I can catch and need Pokemon from the games I don't have... And Pokemon Ranch is nagging me for some of them. ;)

1) I have Pearl, and I can talk my husband into trading things over from his Diamond. (Yeah, we play Pokemon together, we're big dorks, what can I say?)
2) FireRed for me, LeafGreen for him. However, my progress in FireRed is... not so good. I still need to beat the Elite Four in that one. I'll probably be able to breed there in a week or two now that I'm working my way through it again.
3) 2750 2613 5619
4) I have a bunch of baby Charmanders and a Turtwig or two that are ready to go, I'll have Bulbasaurs as soon as I get far enough in FireRed (as mentioned above, need to work on that) and I'm willing to breed other Pokemon for people if I've got them around.
5) I've got a Deoxys I can show anyone who didn't get it at the GameStop event, as long as I recognize and trust the person requesting.
6) Currently seeking most Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald dual-slot Pokemon , Squirtle, and the three Regi-s to wake up my Regigigas.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Ok, due to my old DS getting run over by a car, I now have a new DS which means I had to reset my code. It's now 3436 9600 0809, I updated my post. I'll also need to add everyone back, which is a royal pain in the ass.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Pardon the bump.

Two up and coming events..

The first, only for the US and Puerto Rico:

http://www.pokemon.com./#news_/XML/news_308.xml

A Level 50 Dragonite. Supposably with special moves!

The second, in Australia:

---

For the Dragonite event, if anyone wants one, I will have FOUR to give away. I have a DS flash card, so..I can, I believe, mystery gift it to the rom pearl/diamond, erase, and repeat for the following day. If I can get more, I will.

So if you really want one, first come, first serve.
Image Image
ImageImage
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Man, why doesn't canada get any events. D: *finds herself sort of wanting a second darkrai*
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Ahh xD I have a dragonite in my Diamond game, but I can't resist a stupid Pokemon event! Luckily they're doing it on Saturdays AND Sundays this time so we can go!