New feature requests?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Madge

Re: New feature requests?

Post by Madge »

I've just noticed that the pet URL goes like this: http://pets.neopets.com/cp/5kotzgx5/1/2.png , with the final number choosing the size of the image. "4" is a 300x300 pixel image, viva la difference:

Image Image
(2 on left, 4 on right)

I was wondering if the pet colour list could use "4" instead of "2", as the images at "2" are really small and often blurry, but "4" is a lot clearer and prettier.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ohh I always wondered how you could see the larger image of a pet. I HATE the small ones.
I second Madge's idea, I would love to see this change.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I don't know. If a pet I'm thinking of painting is one of the ones that's fuzzy when small I want to know that BEFORE I paint! I spend more time looking at the small pictures than the large ones. I'm pleased to know how to get the large ones but I think the small ones are more important for that reason.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Maybe we could change it to have say the Happy pose be big then the others all be tiny? Or add an extra pose the end of the list that's large. I would really like to see the large version on the page somewhere. It does make trying to find pets you like annoying when you are squinting at the page going "Now what color/species is this?".
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Perhaps it would be possible to toggle between the two, and/or have a page which shows all four image sizes for a single pose. I'm not sure where the number 3 image which is a sort of central body shot is used, but the number 1 image is the one on the neoboards, I think.

It's very useful to know that, though- I hadn't figured it out. I'm not sure if Jazzy's well enough to do any site stuff at the moment, is the only thing. I think I'm right in thinking that since the images are all hosted on Neopets, it doesn't use any more of our bandwidth in displaying bigger images and so that wouldn't be an issue.
Neopets wishlists: here
Madge

Post by Madge »

I think having the large images as a separate pose would be a good idea - I don't know if the 1 and 3 images are really that important, though, but for completeness perhaps they might need to be included too.

The large images are the same size as the flash that shows on your pet's lookup and quickref. OK, they're not the most viewed by some, but I think they're very important. I am sort of hoping that the 2 images will be like the 80x80 images from BC (Before Customisation), and the 4 images will be like the 150x150 images from BC. It makes sense what with resolutions (and monitors!) getting larger. But it's probably just a pipe dream.

Does anyone know where TNT uses the 4 images? I thought for a moment they were in quickref, but it seems quickref is flash.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I've added in the large pose when you view an individual colour, as seen here:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... ppy+female

I'd like to say, though, that I'm still on a break because I'm still not well, and I was only around the forums to give away some pets. One of the reasons I went on a break was because I felt that people only really wanted me around to do things for the site or forum when I didn't have the energy to. These posts aren't exactly convincing me otherwise.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Thankyou so much for taking the time to do that, it looks lovely :).

I'm also sorry for asking for the new feature, I hope it didn't take too much trouble or offend you - perhaps it would be a good idea to make an announcement or lock this thread so that way people like me who regrettably don't follow the forum news as closely as they should will not make demands off of you?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Oh, it wasn't just your asking (especially since I know you probably hadn't seen my break post), it's more that no-one at all pointed out that I wasn't around or posting and just sort of expected me to do it anyway.