Royal Tuskaninnys

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Royal Tuskaninnys

Post by hebdenhippy »

Image Image

Overall I think they're ok, the Royalboy is superior in my opinion, I like the Henry VIII look they've given him, and the clothes are quite nice. it's perfect for a Tuskaninny really, because they're kind of chubby, and so was Henry VIII so it works well ^^ The colours are also quite nice, although I'm not sure about the beard colour.

Royalgirl I' not as keen on, mainly because I think the artist chose a terrible colour for her body, it doesn't go with the pink dress at all. I think a pale pink or purple base would have looked better.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Royal Tuskaninnys

Post by Jessi »

I agree with you on pretty much all accounts, Rachel :D I think the dress on the royalgirl looks ridiculous though, since it's meant to go over her hair...

The one thing I do hate is they don't really have unique base colors... it's just blue and purple (and what idiot decided to combine purple and orange AGAIN?!). It would be nice if they had a prettier color, to make it a bit more worthwhile the cost of the brush. I do like the royalboy clothes a lot though - I would paint one another color to get rid of the beard, however xD;
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I like the clothes of the male, but apart from that I'm not too keen on them because they look a bit weird to me. The first thing I thought when I saw the male was "ghost" because it looks like it should have some legs, but it doesn't so it looks like it's floating to me.

As for the female, it's the fact that she appears to have legs that bugs me. Plus the colours clash. I guess there's no pleasing me, I don't like one because it looks like it's floating and I don't like the other because it appears to have legs underneath the dress.
colettecop

Post by colettecop »

I'm not a big Tuskaninny fan, but I think these are pretty nice looking royals, especially the boy with that portly king look. The beard's color looks a bit too orange to go well with the red and purple though IMHO.

I agree that the color of the girl looks off some . . . turquoise kind of seems to clash with the rest of her. Otherwise I think she's pretty darn cute. Then again, I love pink so I may be biased. ;)
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

I actually like the clothing on the Royals. I agree the beard on the boy looks a bit ridiculous, they needed to make it actually conform with the curves of the face. I agree that the base colours are pretty blah. They could have at least used darker colours.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I really, really like these for some reason. o_O Especially the girl's dress and the boy's hat. I'd like the girl more if they didn't use such an obnoxiously bright shade of blue but other than that I think they're lovely.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I LOVE these, I think that the details and shading on the girl is amazing. And combinding the Tuskaninny's problem of a tail with the common practice of having a bustle was very smart. A bustle went unto the dress and made it look like your butt was huge and horizontal. The crown is beautifully worked into the hair as well as the jewellery. The staff doesn't stand out too much but it doesn't look awkard either. There is probablly a better base colour combination out there - but that is easily changed with customisation now-a-days. The rosettes and the pattern on the dress are all beautiful. This may be the first royal pet that I want.

I do like the boy too (probablly more minus the beard) and his base colour is a nice light colour.

Yay for fun well done royals!!
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Way better than I would have expected royal tuskaninnies to be. The clothes are really great, but the base colors aren't amazing. Some kind of pastel, off-white color would've looked much better on the girl.

What's with the weird symbols on the boy's hat? They look like exclamation points and question marks to me.
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

To be honest I'm not much into royal pets, but they are OK. I really don't like the beard on the male one, looks so fake and just doesn't really fit
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Cyaneus wrote:Way better than I would have expected royal tuskaninnies to be. The clothes are really great, but the base colors aren't amazing. Some kind of pastel, off-white color would've looked much better on the girl.

What's with the weird symbols on the boy's hat? They look like exclamation points and question marks to me.
I think they're supposed to be gems but they aren't very well drawn in some cases.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The bustle idea is good, but in practice it makes me think her body is a caterpillar. Too many teeny folds.
Image Image
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I'm in love with the Royalgirl! Sounds crazy. But I know she was inspired by Disney's Anastasia (Cinderella's redheaded stepsister)

Image Image Image

The resemblence is uncanny :)
I really like the Disney classic 1950 version Cinderella. It was way ahead of its time. For some reason I like Anastasia too, and this was the first thing that came to mind.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Bif

Post by Bif »

But I know she was inspired by Disney's Anastasia (Cinderella's redheaded stepsister)
That's exactly what came to my mind first off too! It's why I thought that her dress must have a bustle. I'm glad I'm not that only one who thought that...or who loves Disney's Cinderella. :)

Post by 23639377 »

I think the royalgirl is based on Queen Elizabeth I. I'm not very keen on her. I like the boy one more. His clothes are awesome!
(Forum set is under construction)
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I think the royalgirl is based on BIG DRESSES.